Nov 15 2012
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 2875 posts

[POLL Feedback Thread] Thanksgiving Event

38 replies 477 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

Here's the official comment thread for the Thanksgiving Event poll. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the top right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 39 (477 Views)
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Thanksgiving Event

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

well ty for not makin the ingredients appear only @ specific times...Smiley Indifferent

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 2 of 39 (468 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I'd say my favorite part of the event, is the decorations and it actually resembles Thanksgiving.

The rewards are a little meh, but I wasn't expecting anything grand.

I'll say that so far, it's better than the Halloween event.

Message 3 of 39 (463 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Shouldnt the witchs laughing etc. been on halloween?  I never recall witches being associated with thanksgiving. Rewards seem pretty decent.

Message 4 of 39 (449 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Nov 15, 2012

The decorations were great. The rewards were okay nothing much to scream about. And the games were okay too. Kind of a "meh..." Thanksgiving.

Message 5 of 39 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Nov 15, 2012

This event blows. Annoying games, crappy rewards. It's also historically inaccurate and insulting to Pagans.

"Witches" celebrate Mabon, their feast of thanksgiving, on the autumnal equinox (late September north of the equator).

There were no "witches" at Plymouth in 1621. There were no "witches" at Salem in 1692. The infamous witch trials were the result of a BAD harvest that previous fall. The first reported case of ergot poisoning did not occur until late winter (February).

This awful skee ball game belonged with the other junk from the Halloween event. Nobody wants your leftovers. We'd rather chase turkeys.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 6 of 39 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Some of the rewards were nice. The game was something new. But, most of all, the decorations and the look of the space is really what stood out most.

Having the witches doesn't make any sense, but I can gloss over that and not let something that doesn't affect gameplay and as minuscle as that get my panties in a wad. If it upsets the Pagans or "historians" somehow, I'll leave it to them to file a formal complaint to Sony or something like that. Much like that guy months ago who complained the sideways American flag logo on the 4th of July virtual t-shirts was "illegal" and a "disgrace to the United States flag code." He even cited sources. 

But I digress...

Can you keep it looking like this? Heck, I totally forgot we even had a Pier Park, until after the update.

Message 7 of 39 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Place looks great, rewards are appropriate and the games are....well....good for some simple Home holiday fun.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 8 of 39 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Nov 15, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

This event blows. Annoying games, crappy rewards. It's also historically inaccurate and insulting to Pagans.

"Witches" celebrate Mabon, their feast of thanksgiving, on the autumnal equinox (late September north of the equator).

There were no "witches" at Plymouth in 1621. There were no "witches" at Salem in 1692. The infamous witch trials were the result of a BAD harvest that previous fall. The first reported case of ergot poisoning did not occur until late winter (February).

This awful skee ball game belonged with the other junk from the Halloween event. Nobody wants your leftovers. We'd rather chase turkeys.

Part of what makes a witch is to be persecuted and being an outcast.   A true witch despises all authority and mocks political correctness.  A witch doesnt care if you insult it just makes it more fun when witch places curse on you. Pagans and witches thrive on persecution so lets respect their wishes and not turn them into homogenized "religiously challenged" hypocrites.

Message 9 of 39 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Nov 15, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Pagans thrive on persecution

Complete bull. They don't thrive on it, they're just used to it after two thousand years. Persecution has led to Paganism being marginalized and misunderstood, hence some idiot at Sony thinking witches are a part of Thanksgiving.

it just makes it more fun when witch places curse on you.

About as useful as a theist's prayers.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 10 of 39 (392 Views)
0 Likes