Treasure Hunter
4466 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] PlayStation Home Arcade

Feb 7, 2013

Really cool! Lots of old classics to be able to take with you on the Vita and their priced well plus take only 1 slot in Home.

Message 11 of 31 (305 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

PlayStation Home Arcade

Feb 7, 2013

I'll echo what's been said: Great games at great prices (Even if I don't own a Vita).

Was kinda hoping for a real Arcade though. I'd blow money on tokens just to play them in a crowded room of friends and strangers, but I guess that's just me. I was really excited when I saw the Arcade space, and even though it looks incredible, I was a little disapointed that there were no actual games to play.

I will be buying the whole lot on Friday. <3

-Jinx <3

Message 12 of 31 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Arcade

Feb 7, 2013

Very Satisfied, and if I could vote higher than that, I would.

Arcade-perfect ports of classic games inside beautifully designed cabinets for  $1.50? Simply excellent. This is Home at its best. Please keep these coming.

The only issue I have is that there's no information on how to unlock the rewards from the Intellivision games. That's good information for players to have, so that we know if it's time based, score based, action based, etc. I'd suggest putting it in the text description of the rewards themselves.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 13 of 31 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I absolutely love the app! The bonus cabinets are a great lure! I had to have frogger and centipede! 

I want to buy more but some of the purchase options have confused me (very easy to do)

Like :

Is the $1.49 version of scribble shooter the same as the $6.99 option?

Do I still get the vita version if I buy a cocktail table instead of the cabinet?

Will we get an Icebreaker cabinet?

I love how fast the app loads! How long before home does that?! LOL

Keep the cool stuff coming!

Message 14 of 31 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Feb 7, 2013

djspinal wrote:

Is the $1.49 version of scribble shooter the same as the $6.99 option?

Yes.

djspinal wrote:

Do I still get the vita version if I buy a cocktail table instead of the cabinet?

Yes.

djspinal wrote:

Will we get an Icebreaker cabinet?

No.

djspinal wrote:
How long before home does that?

Never.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 15 of 31 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Out of all the home improvements so far, this is in the top 3. 

Very Impressed. Tiered options for every budget without a loss of quality.

Fair price and a enjoyable experience for all user's of home.

Message 16 of 31 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Finally these arcade games were released! I've been waiting since like Sept of last year when they were announced. I'm loving them too! These are cheaper than I expected, require less slots than I expected... but the games are harder than I expected too, haha. (Frogger, Y U NO STAY ALIVE?).

I'm very happy with the games I purchased and plan on buying them all once I get another PSN Card. These are the type of things we need more of in Home. Cat Very Happy

Message 17 of 31 (203 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Just updated my Vita with the App and it found all the ones I own in Home just fine. So I am very satisfied that it worked as intended. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 31 (174 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I am really enjoying this app! I love being able to play these virtual cabinets both in Home(tm) and on my PSVita(tm) for one price. In fact I'm almost enjoying the Vita versions of these games better, because I feel like the Vita controls are even more responsive than the Dualshock3(tm) In fact, in games like Icebreaker and Scribble Shooter on the Vita, I'm able to get to WAY higher levels than I can on Home. My only wish is that I can earn the Home rewards (for those games that offer Home rewards) for playing the Vita version. (Future update, maybe? ... Please..?)

Message 19 of 31 (159 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

I bought every one of them to complete my arcade so you can bet I voted "very statisfied". At $1.49 each how could I pass them up? Stick with this pricing model and these along with future releases will continue to be a hit.

My only suggestion is to toss in some old school pinball machines. *fingers crossed*

*edit*

Also just to toss another idea out there... now that there are so many cabinets available wouldn't it be a good idea to release an arcade style personal space?

Message 20 of 31 (141 Views)