Jan 30 2013
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 2875 posts

[POLL Feedback Thread] Peakvox Ninja

17 replies 621 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

Here's the official comment thread for Peakvox Ninja poll. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the top right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 18 (621 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Peakvox Ninja

Jan 30, 2013

Voted very dissapointed, it says in the description there is a sologame with challenges. And only sologame is the training part, had hoped for something more then shooting logs.

Message 2 of 18 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Best game on Home. Period. Peakvox Ninja could easily hold its own as a standalone PSN title.

The upgrades are completely optional. However, they're affordable and really add to the ninja experience.

The weekly challenges prevent the gameplay from becoming stale, and O-Two has done a great job updating the game each week with new items or levels.

The rewards are excellent, especially the wall sized Twitter feed. The only downside is some occasional rubber banding and sloppy hit detection from laggy connections, but that's easily remedied by avoiding these players.

Sony needs to advertise this game outside of Home. It's the closest thing I've played to Tenchu in years.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 3 of 18 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Very pleased.

Have been since it's release.

So glad PeakVox decided to translate it over, for our server. We deserved a good Home based game, this is it.

Message 4 of 18 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Extremely satisfied. My favorite Home game, I am overjoyed O-Two is in NA now. We need all their items and games. They are an extremely good developer. AAA+
Support Forums
Message 5 of 18 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I was very dissatisfied when I couldn't see my Kitty's Head. But after being able to unlock it I'm now Satisfied.

Message 6 of 18 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

This is by far the best game in PlayStation Home. Awesome gameplay and rewards. Heart 

The rental weapons are great for people who don't want to buy upgrades, and the upgrades themselves are very nice because they double as avatar clothing and tools you can use in the game. What's also great is you can use your headset while playing or preset chat phrases, and you're able to easily change difficulty settings when you want. Being able to exchange energy for an EXP boost is also good for people who only have time to play a game or two, while people with more time can keep playing if they like. I spent an entire $20 PSN card on their content the day it came out, so I have a lot of the stuff they released ahead of schedule.

The only things I DON'T like:

1) The unlockable titles don't tell you the requirements for unlocking them. Makes it hard to know what you're supposed to do.

2) The leaderboard currently only displays players from Japan (although I've seen a few European accounts listed). The leaderboard should only display our region, not others. Or make it so you can view other regions like the leaderboard at the Street Fighter x Tekken space. Granted, there ARE people who cheat to get their names listed, which kinda defeats the whole purpose.

3) Sometimes a host takes forever to start the game when everyone else is ready. Game should automatically start when at least two players have pressed the ready button.

s9358 wrote:

Voted very dissapointed, it says in the description there is a sologame with challenges. And only sologame is the training part, had hoped for something more then shooting logs.

So, I was looking around to see if I could find this description you're referring to, and the only description reads: "peakvox ninja is a third-person shooter (TPS) about ninjas by peakvox. Players engage in thrilling weapon-based battles whilst expanding their arsenal of ninja actions and techniques. Single player and multiplayer (8 player) modes."

I think you may have misinterpreted what you read. If you were hoping for a game where you fight enemy AI and bosses, the good news is the developers appear to be taking on the challenge of creating such a game. Whether it will be a public space or a private space, no one knows.

Message 7 of 18 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Jan 31, 2013

What's more to say? Peakvox makes stunning games and Peakvox Ninja is simply one of my favorite games on Home. Its fun to play and offers so much taht you are able to do! Im so glad this has finally come to NA and I hope everyone can see that this is one fine game that everyone should try at least once.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 8 of 18 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

;^) Peakvox Ninja is one of the better games Home has known.

The practice arena is a great way to become familiar with the terrain before challening others in the death matches. The log targets work well for practice. The moving ones are good practice because they're harder to hit, while the stationary ones are good practice because they can prove harder to spot. Both are good skills to hone ahead of time.

Then there's the fact that the next wave only spawns after shooting all six targets of the current wave, so the challenge to increase your speed for higher scores is also good preparation.

;^) Also, the logs don't camp at the spawn point....

[Edit]

:^/ The only down side is that the wait times can be long when it's busy, and sometimes folks arriving in the space later than you can get into the game ahead of you instead of waiting their turn. They aren't cheating, of course, the lobby just isn't set up to enforce first come, first served....

Message 9 of 18 (482 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Very Satisfied. Home needs more games like this, especially any with co-op against AI... so people aren't argue'n so much. Smiley Tongue

Only improvements I'd want is the nerdy "Gimme moar!" since I know what JP has already... and having a 'default' lobby, as it gets annoying how many noobs buy the club, with no idea how to play, then call you a cheater if their 'super club' doesn't kill you. Smiley Frustrated

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 10 of 18 (457 Views)
0 Likes