Highlighted
Nov 15 2012
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 2875 posts

[POLL Feedback Thread] Panthabots

21 replies 480 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

Here's the official comment thread for the Panthabots poll. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the top right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 22 (480 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Panthabots

Nov 15, 2012

first

Message 2 of 22 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

secondSmiley Tongue

i lik the design. just wish they had mor custom animations, especially for that price.

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 3 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Those costumes are worth $4.99 at best, even at $4.99 I would have to debate on whether or not its worth it, Now that I seen them in action the $9,99 price tag is ridiculous and anyone wearing one should have sucker under their name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 22 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I am not one to complain about price, however there is NO WAY these items are worth 9.99 in this day and age of home, with all of the advancements we have seen.

First of all, they offer no speed boost. With the advent of LMO items, the novelty of becoming a transforming robot has worn thin to the point of breaking.

You may have had the "grounds" to charge 9.99 for the original Mechjets because they were innovative at the time. Even then, they weren't worth the price, as it was ridiculous seeing a "jet" crawl along like that.

But now one can get an LMO item which allows them to move faster and wear any outfit they choose at a fraction of the price.

Full body outfits still have their place, but only if they offer a large variety of moves and are 4.99 or less. A great example would be the 2012 Konami Halloween outfits, which should serve as the model of the only full body outfits worth paying for.

Even those I don't use much due to the lack of speed boost. Being a succubus is cool, but switching to flying stance only to move at a snail's pace is beyond annoying. But as dumb as that is, It's even more stupid to see a robotic panther be outrun by someone holding a lantern.

In addition to the lack of a speed boost and lack of special animations, these robots are UGLY, mainly the faces, and it's ridiculous that males get fangs while females don't.

So I voted very dissatisfied of course, and here are 2 different suggestions for improvement:

A) Lower price tag to 4.99, at most. 2.99 would be more reasonable, with an 7.99-9.99 bundle for all 3 designs per gender.

B) Keep the current price tag, but add a built-in 150% speed boost and more animations.

In either case, also add fangs to the female bots.

Message 5 of 22 (441 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

The price point is just too high for me to consider getting these. I think prices need to be closer to 4.99 for many to consider purchasing them.

Message 6 of 22 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Too high in comparison to Konami agreed. I like them stylistically, and appreciate the good work Lockwood does, but either lower the price expectations on these, or add more custom emotes. Bottom line is, if it were a limited gold version or sweet variant in the gift machine, maybe $9.99 could go down easy enough. But not these.
Support Forums
Message 7 of 22 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Way overpriced. Custom emotes are nothing new. When Mechjets first came around, they were, so you could somewhat justify a steep $10 price. Now you cannot. There's no good reason why these should be $10. There's not even a speed boost when running in panther mode.

Message 8 of 22 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4461 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Agreed! $10 is too expensive for these things. Really wish they would price these things lower. I want one but not for that price.

Message 9 of 22 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I hope Lockwood is reading these lower the prices and i'll buy one.

Message 10 of 22 (358 Views)
0 Likes