Survivor
2633 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Home Tycoon

Oct 4, 2012
And the new city that I also purchase, should be a expansion to the current city..
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 21 of 67 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Either refund the 140 coins back into my Home Tycoon account, or make the new city, that I purchased, a expansion to my finished city.
Message 22 of 67 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 5, 2012
can't seem to download it or access any parts Smiley Sad
Message 23 of 67 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Never tried it yet! I'm actually downloading it right now and I hope it turns out to be what I thought it would be! Smiley Happy 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 24 of 67 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

I will be more constructive and organized in my criticism this time, and add more ideas. 

Again, let me preface that money is no object with me, but quality is. Therefore the criticism you are receiving is not the typical "WAAAH I WANT EVERYTHING FOR FREE" mentality that Home is (in)famous for.

First: The VIP package! 50 dollars is nothing to me, but 50 dollars for a microscopic pet, lame gold car, and 1600 coins (which, as someone previously said, will be gone instantly due to the fact that EVERYTHING costs coins) in a mediocre game with mediocre rewards (as of now) is a horrible, horrible deal of the absolute worst quality.

No Man's Land, as destestible and inferior as it is compared to Home Tycoon, offered a much better 49.99 bundle. You recieved absolutely every piece of clothing and weapon in the game, as well as 4 exclusive outfits, the total value exceeding 100 dollars.

My suggestions for a VIP package worth $49.99:

-GIANT car pet and/or locomotion item that allows you to drive anywhere in home.

-In-game car allows you to select any color, including silver and gold.

-All expansion packs plus 1600 coins OR 5000 coins

-ALL male and female clothing and furniture items from the store (with possible exception of breifcase, see below)

Second: Workers! As people already said, having workers collect revenue, and having to wait so long for workers is painful and kills interest in the game.

Suggestions:

-Workers are not needed to collect revenue

-Gold briefcase allows infinite workers (price can be increased to 9.99 and potentially excluded from VIP bundle)

-Workers respawn even when offline

-5 or 10 workers respawn every 10 minutes instead of 1 every 10 minutes.

Third: Coins! You must realize that not allowing people to earn coins is hurting sales more then trying to extort every last dime from them. You attract more with a little bit of honey offered then you do with a forced bottle of vinegar. Also, using coins for every little thing is beyond stupid.

Suggestions:

-Make the coins difficult to earn, but possible. Say 1 coin per day, or, taking a suggestion from a friend, 50,000 in-game currency for 10 coins (maybe even 5)

-Time functions do not require the use of coins

-Once you unlock a building with coins, it does not cost coins to build more

Fourth: Rewards! This will take a effort by the Hellfire team, but it can all be done. Increase the quality of the rewards, therefore giving people more of an incentive to play and spend. 

Suggestions:

-Start by turning all hats into head accessory/headphone slot items

-Make any pets (including driving bear) HUGE

-Make some cool active items that take up less then 20 slots

-Give women a suit with a normal sized tie, and pants.

Fifth: Ineractivity! My biggest problem with the game itself was not being able to enter inside any buildings. If we could, I would have spent 50 easily even at the current deplorable state of the VIP package.

Suggestions:

-All buildings can be entered, and are pre-furnished

-You can lie in beds and sit in seats

-Multi-level buildings have multiple floors with stairs, mall has escalators, and skyscrapers have elevators

Well that's it from me. As a final note about the pricing of the VIP package and coins in general: If you insist on keeping VIP package the same, lower it to $30, Tycoon to $15, Investor to $10, Expander to $5 and Starter to .99 

I'll be frank here: I don't care how well your first day sales went. Those people who bought the 50 dollar VIP package as-is are the people who buy absolutey EVERYTHING in Home, regardless of price or quality. So don't feel special or that the current VIP bundle is at all justifiable. 

What's more important, keeping the bundle as-is and hoping more morons- I mean consumers- bite, or adding and improving the content of the bundle (or lowering the price drastically) to attract MORE people to buy it? I've been telling anyone that asks what a terrible rip-off this game is currently, and not to invest any time or money in it. 

I wish I could say otherwise, as this game and concept has SO much potential. Follow these suggestions and the suggestions of others, however, and I'm sure this will be your most sucessful venture ever, making your day one revenue a drop in the bucket by comparison.

And as I said, those people who bought from you were either completionists or impulse buyers. From this point forward, you won't be attracting even half as many people as you would if you simply make these changes.

Message 25 of 67 (320 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I started out with the E3 bonus... that got me to the Novus Prime perks which gave me more bonuses.... then hit a wall.

The concept is a good SIMs form for Home, but it works more like a Facebook's Farmville, nagging me every few steps I take to buy something I can only get with $-bought tokens. Workers are the core of the game, making it a "Pay to Win" concept in either A: Buy tokens to buy more workers, or B: Camp the space for the Worker timer to run up and/or hunt the golden briefcases about the map to get the rare worker ones.(While every few cases gives me another "Go buy this since it's discounted now!" popup.)

Personally, the game sucks... let me finish! ...so long as Workers are only obtained through Tokens, camping, and the occasional mission/bonus. With the core of the game being impossible to enhance without time/money being put into it in bulk, instead of being able to check in every now and then and spend workers that accumulate as you're away, it's poorly executed. I'd love to play the game, but I'm labeling it a pass until there's a reason to visit beyond camping for Workers... which isn't worth it. :/

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 26 of 67 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Im enjoying every minute of it, even despite the errors people (including myself) are getting. The thing is, Hellfire Games is on it and they have reached out to the community to address and fix these issues (major props) so looking at their record.... I have a feeling these problems will subside in a short time. Great work Hellfire Games, this game is addicting and is definitely my kind of game Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 67 (298 Views)
Survivor
2633 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Yes it's a good video game, that's built into Playstation Home.!
Message 28 of 67 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Playstation Home: Home Tycoon also needs; A search bar.

For example: I want to see Tempest_Fire or Mercury Valentine city.. I goto the Home Tycoon search bar and type the Individual name, and presto.! There's the individuals city.
Message 29 of 67 (286 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Workers don't replentish when we're not playing.  It seems we have to be playing Home Tycoon to get them back slowly, which means after using up our workers every day, we have to spend 3 or 4 hours within Playstation Home and the game, just sitting around doing nothing before we can continue developing our cities.

Home Tycoon is officially ****ed.  You suck, Hellfire Games.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 30 of 67 (263 Views)
0 Likes