Uncharted Territory
1667 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Home Tycoon

Oct 6, 2012

For your information BUD, I am a 40+ year old gamer, and don't come in here and start trolling to me that I have no idea what I am talking about and saying I don't play games. I am sure I have been playing alot of games before you were even born.

I have every Sims game and then some. I am not sucking up to Hellfire, I do however think some not all are making a big deal about things that are so minor.

If your any kind of gamer you would know EA is a very bad business itself, which I have bought so many games and they don't listen to there customers, I have all the Battlefield games of which have issues and yet, nothing ever got fixed.

So don't come in here and flame and troll against someone thats been in the business for a long time, you have got alot to learn kid Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 67 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Poorly concieved Sims3 clone. You're better off skipping this and just buying Sims 3. Pricing for upgrades and expansion packs borders on gouging. I was hoping for an evolution in Home gaming. This isn't it.

Message 42 of 67 (318 Views)
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I am loving that game so much!!  Smiley Very Happy  It's so much fun building and doing the activities.  My friends and I have really been enjoying it.  They're all driving around my city.  I'm jealous, I haven't gotten my Pink car yet, but I'm buying it today!!  YAAAAAY!!!  Smiley Very Happy  So, watch out everybody!!  I'll be speeding through your cities in my pink car real soon!!  Smiley Wink   lol

Thanks Hellfire.... you made my dream of driving around on PS Home come true!!!   Y'all are awesome!  Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 67 (288 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Well, although I have had a few problems with the game not loading after leaving the train station, and controlling the vehicles in the mini-games was kinda awkward, I'd say building the city was the best part of Home tycoon. Another point (probably the MAIN point) was that the gold coin packs were TOO EXPENSIVE. Overall, I didn't like it, but I don't hate it either, but that's just me.

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 44 of 67 (279 Views)
Sackboy
532 posts

Oct 6, 2012

i like  the game (glad there going to fix the glitches)

a few things ive niticed while playing

1) the building size progression (buget / delux / high-rise) should of been opened up through population lvls not actual missons

--  basically the population lvl sould be @ where ever the price of the building is at (coin buildings 1,000 dollars =1 gold coin)except for the lowest priced buget buildingds in housing & comercial

-- make the expantion packs for like the zoo / nuke plant 1 of the items available per city the nuke plant if city is done correctly will power the entire city (ppl wouldnt have a 600K population righ now)

the ppl who have the 300K population cities its basically no challenge to them they just bought the $50 coin packet & built the biggest city possible in a matter of a few hrs each id have the over $20 coin packs released at a later time so all the cities would progress basically at the same rate at the structured way i have the city progression there would be a few cities getting up to the highrise stage now

-- id have all housing comercial buildings start out @ the cheepest buget level then have an upgrade building not the destroy then buld

-- be able to move building optionso u could adjust as u go..

2000 trophies lvl 15

HOMELING -- MS-3
Message 45 of 67 (271 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I have a new problem with Home Tycoon.  For some reason, I no longer get missions from my secretary telling me to build more things. I have to leave to the Train Station, then go back to my city to get the next mission.

Also, I keep using workers to construct my Mall and Business Center, but every time I leave and come back, my workers are back and those buildings are still construction sites.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 46 of 67 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012
I'd be happy with a bicycle to ride around in Lool.  I think instructions are needed in this game maybe you can put this in the newspaper section.  There's no real tutorial for this game, the beginning missions is the tutorial and if you make a mistake then your done for.  I really messed up and built my road layout before completing missions now I can't collect revenue and finish missions *sigh*.  To complete the beginning missions you are obligated to put houses, electricity, roads (basically resources and such) only then are you able to unlock more stuff and if you run out of space or want to upgrade you have to destroy ur city loosing your means for revenue and not getting back a DIME!  This is hardly an incentive to rebuild my city or create a new one.
There's an option to collect revenue in planner mode, but when you click on it, its states you need coins but it doesn't say that when you highlight it.   Same thing with other options, It doesn't state you need coins but when you do it says you need coins. :smileyindifferent:   Why do you need workers to collect your revenue?  You'll never fill up ur workers because of the collecting.  In the options it gives you a choice to make your city private, music volume, etc but when you leave this resets.  When I was doing the police and fireman mission (on a different account) I would get the instructions on how to maneuver the vehicle but also the building menu as if I was trying to lay a building and giving me the options to rotate and place.  So I had 2 menus one on top of the other making it hard to read the instructions on how to drive the vehicle. 
Yes, I can sit here and state that there are major problems with this game, but that has already been said.  Im just gonna put stuff that I've come across that has not been mentioned or maybe I missed it.  Oh also, although i get it!!  I dont like how the Novus Prime Game is linked to Tycoon,  I have played it before but I was never really my cup of tea, so now im gonna be forced to play Novus Prime if I wish to complete that mission.
Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 47 of 67 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
532 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

@ #44 i also think the gold packets were priced too high i think the highest priced packet should of been $19.99 which would if u did stuff properly with the 1600 coins (2,000 coin prefered) would of bough all the expantion / building packs through X-mas & u could of gotten the 2nd city area or a few cars with it & chave a dollar/coin converter building in game  that would cost $1,000,000 in game dollars & convert $100,000 into 1 gold coin

2000 trophies lvl 15

HOMELING -- MS-3
Message 48 of 67 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Was the game taken off line to fix problems?  Cause now it gives me a "game unavailable" message.  I left to my personal space came back, logged off of home and logged back in and still the same message. 

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 49 of 67 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2581 posts

Oct 6, 2012

same kind of deal here. cant load anything...

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 50 of 67 (245 Views)
0 Likes