Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Home 1.75

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Seems to take forever to load saved outfits and to save outfits in wardrobe save slots. I'm not sure what is up with that but I hope a patch will fix it because now it's really just frustrating sitting and waiting for them to load. 

Message 111 of 120 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 20, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

I think the main question here should be why is it every time we get a core update it comes with so many bugs?  Do you guys beta test any of this?  Or do you feel like that's our job as Open Beta Testers?

100 people testing vs 5000+

You also have to take into account the people in the beta probably have small inventories and wouldn't notice their items being shuffled around.

Message 112 of 120 (254 Views)
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

I like being able to change wardrobe in others' personal spaces.

I dislike it taking ages to do so because of the wardrobe being shuffled around every time.

Neutral about PS plus features. If I end up subscribing will probably try a new pop-up color, but not a big deal if I don't. Save slots take so long to load anyway I try to keep them to a minimum.

Message 113 of 120 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 20, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

You also have to take into account the people in the beta probably have small inventories and wouldn't notice their items being shuffled around.

Where did you get this "100" number from?  Also why should this be our problem?  Home is a product we are the customers Sony has a service and we buy from them.  If you still don't understand what I'm saying if Apple makes an operating system with bugs and Microsoft Windows makes one without Apple will start to lose there customers.  why should Sony and Home be any different?

"If" Sony is haven a hard time getting these update's out with out this many bugs it might be time to re-open the closed beta.  Bring in every day users to test out these new updates before everyone else. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 114 of 120 (231 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Very unhappy with Marketings decision to restrict some of the core update features to PlayStation Plus members only. Franky I feel it's a real slap in the face to those of us who have supported home for years.

Core features should be for everyone and not another version of a lame mansion perk to try and push sales upon those who certainly don't feel the need for Plus related features outside of Home. One can only hope that the Marketing team will rethink this decision. 

I voted very dissatisfied. 

VERY VERY DISSATISFIED. For the same reasons Jo put up. 

RGB color control should have been a core default feature from the start of Home. Every other program I've used has had rgb instead of a short color palate.  

$50 for a year of temporary hair color in a virtual world? That's nuts. it's even worse if you have multiple accounts. $100? $150? and you already are getting the cheap games I'll never play and sucky avatars that I'll never even download.

Skin, Eye, and hair color should have been rgb controlled from the start of Home. That's how every other program I've used done it. At the very least there should be an alternate way for us to get rgb hair color settings. Maybe a one time fee. Sony could make some money, and we could get what should have been already there.

Message 115 of 120 (217 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 20, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Where did you get this "100" number from?  Also why should this be our problem?  Home is a product we are the customers Sony has a service and we buy from them.  If you still don't understand what I'm saying if Apple makes an operating system with bugs and Microsoft Windows makes one without Apple will start to lose there customers.  why should Sony and Home be any different?

"If" Sony is haven a hard time getting these update's out with out this many bugs it might be time to re-open the closed beta.  Bring in every day users to test out these new updates before everyone else. 

It's an estimation of beta testers. The actual number isn't what's important, it's the difference of scale.

Home itself is a beta too. You aren't guaranteed a bug free experience.

Message 116 of 120 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

What I don't understand is why they can't do an incremental beta test like many developers do. Heck, Sony did it when Home was first released.

Give the core update to a handful of users to test; once any major bugs they experience are fixed, give it to another bunch of people, then another and so on.

It seems like every single core update causes at least one major problem. How about expanding the tester base before releasing the patch to everyone? It's obvious that either the testers didn't do their job and report issues to Sony or Sony heard their complaints and released it anyway. Either way, terrible decision making.

And to those who say "relax, it's a beta": Home has been in beta status for over four years. It's insane.

Message 117 of 120 (178 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Feb 20, 2013
:^/ Actually, true Beta testing has two features that I'm not seeing with Home. One is, the developers actually heed the reports made by the testers. That feedback is what the developer is after, after all.

Secondly, in a true Beta test, the testers are compensated for their efforts, instead of being asked to pay to participate.
Message 118 of 120 (169 Views)
Fender Bender
3091 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Vote: Satisfied

I waited a week to give my feedback, because I wanted to thoroughly test the system while the servers were busy and not so busy.

First of all I’d like to pass along a hearty pat on the back for a job well done rolling out a complex upgrade that involved a major change to the infrastructure. I was computer engineer for a lot of years and I understand the logistics involved. Well done.

Conversion Process:

-The process completed smoothly and took a reasonable amount of time.

(Nice touch with the loading animation)

- Points off for not transferring all of my Wardrobe Character saves. I had separate saves for my avatar wearing different sets of clothes and I used all of the standard slots. Only 2 were transferred.

Updated Features:

- I’m a bit disappointed to see that there is Plus-only features, however I understand the Marketing / Economics of it. After all Sony is providing free access to the PS network and basic Home features. A better solution, in my opinion, would be to offer those PS-Plus Only features for sale. I wouldn’t mind paying a one-time fee, but not for a regular subscription that I have to maintain forever or loose the feature.

- The faster load times for moving to personal spaces is definitely a plus, but seems to come at the expense of slower times for saving wardrobe and furniture layout changes. When the servers are lagging it can take a couple of minutes waiting for the download to catch-up. Logistically, however, that was a good trade-off.

- Thank you for giving us the ability to make wardrobe changes wherever we are. That’s a nice change.

- Club Tags – About stinkin’ time. Very nice.

- Device independence is a definite plus, but it would have been nice if you had mentioned the elephant in the room, being the fact that this paves the way to painless move to the PS4.

- Enhanced Reconnection Process?  Haven't seen any sign of this. The error codes have changed but the drop-out rate and reconnection times seem to be about the same to me.

Bottom Line: Satisified 

Gamer first, Member second, Retired Moderator third.
No, I'm not a Moderator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Message 119 of 120 (141 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Feb 20, 2013

LOL , of course it's our job , that's what betas are for 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 120 of 120 (131 Views)
0 Likes