Wastelander
504 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Home 1.75

Feb 15, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Very unhappy with Marketings decision to restrict some of the core update features to PlayStation Plus members only. Franky I feel it's a real slap in the face to those of us who have supported home for years.

Core features should be for everyone and not another version of a lame mansion perk to try and push sales upon those who certainly don't feel the need for Plus related features outside of Home. One can only hope that the Marketing team will rethink this decision. 

This and the fact all my good outfits are stuck in a box of trashSmiley Tongue oh yes and plz no more DC

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 11 of 120 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Feb 15, 2013

The ability to change anywhere is a plus.

My Wardrobe & Personal Space Inventory items are a disaster.

Edo dosen't always save my progress after I clear the map.

I am pretty unhappy  with this update.

Message 12 of 120 (525 Views)
Sackboy
414 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I'm Very Dissatisfied with my Wardrobe, Inventory, Furniture Listings scattered. Project Edo is now Laggy at times. And I was having a hard time entering First Person View when I had the camera out.

If it weren't for all of that I'd be satisfied or Neutral right now. Only way I could be Very Satisfied is if I could pay more attention to new features instead of making sure I remain in the Top 100 at Edo.

Message 13 of 120 (514 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I have to go neutral on this one.

Fortunately (luckily?), all my files seem to have made it through the upload process successfully and I haven't noticed any missing items or settings.

Unfortunately, I haven't really noticed any improvements either.  I don't see a dramaitc change in the time to load spaces.  Sometimes, it seems to go a slight bit more quickly than before.  Other times, it's slower.  The time frame for apartment furniture layouts to populate is certainly longer.  The loading time for Home itself is no different.  I've been disconnected a couple times but nothing major...again about the same as pre-1.75.

I do not subscribe to PS Plus and I do not plan to do so in the future since there is little overall value in it for me.  I'll echo Joanna's sentiments that the colour options should be available to non-Plus users, even if a nominal price tag is necessary.  I couldn't care less about the colour of my text boxes and I doubt that I'd vary the hair or make-up colours much anyway.  More avatar save slots...meh.  I'd rather have more apartment layout saves.  So whatever, I guess the features might be interesting to play with.

castle3
Message 14 of 120 (510 Views)
Wastelander
609 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Ive had almost no tech issues with the update until last night, when my entire wardrobe and furniture reset. If you seriously think im going to spend an hour (or two) re-organizing my entire rewards/purchases from 08 till now, you are insane. Now im hearing it resets over & over.

Ive felt like i was missing out these past few weeks by not purchasing anything, Now im glad i didnt and really cant see myself purchasing anything until this is resolved. "Very dissatisfied" vote from me. 

P.s.: Keep telling yourself that restricting core features to ps+ is a good idea. SMH

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 120 (503 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4700 posts

Feb 15, 2013
The club tags for one are a nice touch... And fun to see what others put up. I also am happy to see changing in other personal spaces, with the eliminated HDD lag.

I'm a bit indifferent about the Plus features. I am a subscriber, and I understand the frustrations of others. Having those features are not worth subscribing over, and probably shouldn't be locked. It is a nice perk, but nothing to get excited over. I'm rather enjoying it for the games it offers, such as... Closure ftw.

Other than that, I expected this core to be a complete mess to be honest based on past core experiences. When I signed in on Wednesday evening, my experience was seemless with the exception of the wardrobe jumble. I experienced no disconnects, and was on for a few hours.

This morning, however, is the first time I was unable to get on due to server issues. I am a patient person and expect next time I turn on my ps3 it'll probably already be rectified.

I think I can make this one satisfied.
Message 16 of 120 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Brunz_911 wrote:

Close to satisfied, but not there yet. Wardrobe is a mess and M-10 errors keep appearing out of nowhere. Other than that close to satisfied.

Thank you for separating the two issues. The Home 1.75 update feedback we're seeking is concerning the new features and functionality. The back end stuff is being monitored and worked on, though it appears to us that Home 1.75's actual new feature sets and improvements are working as designed. 

Bring more feedback! What do you all like or dislike? Any tweaks that the platform developers can do to improve things?

How about the most often requested feature that you and no one from Sony has EVER responded to and that is a second storage folder so we can FINALLY place items we rarely if ever use in their own storage folders instead of what we have now and that is a spillover folder that forces items we do use into storage with items we don't.

Also, how about better sorting and filtering options for items in storage - another frequently requested feature you have never responded to.  At the very least, we should have the same options in storage as we do for items not in storage.

Had you all done that before this update, all the problems with the 1.75 reshuffling all our items would likely have not been so awful.

Not only that, but if you finally did that, it would only encourage more purchases instead of what we have now and that is a system that discourages purchases and spending time in Home collecting rewards due to the fact that with every new item more items are forced into storage, making it all the more dificult to find items due to the mess that is known as storage.

While you are at it, had you also added a feature to save multiple layout BEFORE this update, it would have allowed people to save all their saved layouts that for some took many hours to make... And this has been a feature that has been requested not just over the last year but for years now.  I even brought it up all the way back during the closed beta, and has been brought up countless of times... But also never responded to by anyone at Sony.  Even though by having multiple layouts, it would ENCOURAGE more purchases of items to decorate them with.  

Seriously...  just how short sighted does one have to be to not get how these relatively simple changes would benefit Sony AND their customers?!?!?!

Had you also made multiple saved character tabs with only say 12 saves per tab, instead of everyone complaining about how long it now takes to load all the saved character slots before we can even select one to use, you'd be receiving praise for improving the experience.

I've been using HOme since the closed beta, and this core update easily ranks as having the fewest improvements to the service with the most problems caused by it.

I have a very hard time believing this update would have passed any kind of reasonable testing prior to it's release based on the unbelievable amount of problems it has caused.  I am embarrassed for you, and for the Home staff and for Sony.  If this is any indication on how much value Sony places on Home and their customers then I can only reasonably assume Home will not be around for all that much longer.

It certainly helps explain why Sony has practically stopped any kind of promotion for Home.  The fact that they wont even remove the Beta title despite being in open beta for over four year and in development for nearly eight years, suggests this has all been nothing more than a test bed for Sony, and we have been paying to be testers for what now appears to be a failed experiment... But I would argue the failure wasn't in the service, but in the way it has been managed.

Home still has amazing potential and has some of the best and most dedicated users I have ever come across... But Home's worst enemy is Sony and the way it has been managed. 

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 17 of 120 (484 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

Pros:

• No HDD after exiting wardrobe.
  • Locomotions seem to load faster.
  • Club names and tags are an awesome feature, so thanks.
  • Store seems to run more smoothly.
  • Changing in friends apartments.

Cons:

• Wardrobe space seems more limited now, than before.
  • Sometimes there will be a download error, then it won't let you access the space you're trying to get to.
  • Wardrobe seems to load more slower.
  • Ps plus features aren't that great, but they should have been made for everyone in the long run. (I was there yesterday when you stated people had been asking for ps plus features on Home, the only thing I recall anyone that had ps plus asking for was discounts.)

When I first installed the patch, I was having several downloading error issues among the M-10 issue. My wardrobe was fine though, untouched and okay..minus the little scattering all my current main wardrobe items around. Second day, wardrobe started to act up and moved everything around. When I buy something now, it starts to storage items even though I should have space so I don't get it?

There's also some kind of fail to download error, when trying to go to spaces or It'll make us re-download the space, though we could have been there not even a hour or a day before. Personally, I'm so so on 1.75.

I think this update should have been more on to better the wardrobe capacity and management, something a lot of us have been wanting awhile I believe. It's hard to have to sort through our wardrobes to fix these issues, to not only have them rearrange right back the next day.

Personally, the ps plus features aren't something that I'm going to get mad over. It was never something we already had placed in Home to begin with, so we can't be too mad. Though personally I wouldn't use them, even if I had ps plus. It should have at least been an option for people who don't have it. I remember seeing ps plus users asking for Home discounts, that would have been more understandable I think.

Message 18 of 120 (464 Views)
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Oh boy where do I start. When I heard about this update I was very excited. I finally was able to log back on Home (was having problems loading spaces) and this update was perfect because my PS3 died in the summer of 2011 and I was not on Home for about 6 months. I have not had any wardrobe problems and that is great, but when I go to my clubhouse....oh don't get me started, EVERYTHING IS GONE! 

I have had that clubhouse, with furniture, for two years, the exact way everything was, and I get on it yesterday to see everything was removed. I was in that clubhouse two days before the update and everything was there like it was. I don't know what the plus users get, but I really don't care as I'll never fall for plus.

I am just requesting that a hotfix comes out to fix all of these wardrobe and clubhouse situations in the coming week HOME. You all are better than this and being around for 5 years, I'm very surprised this has happened.

KingJoker33 (Go Homelings! Smiley Happy )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 120 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Putting all this issues aside for a second, and just looking at the content of this update, other than being able to change in our friends apartments, I see next to nothing from this update.

Being able to have club names by our IDs is a nice touch, not sure if I'll use it, but nice for everyone to have the option.

The speed of Home loading, both for signing in and moving from wardrobe to apartment to new space etc, I personally have seen next to no change. I dont think its slower, but its certainly not faster either.

The only other additions of note are reserved for PS+ members. Its been said before, and it'll be said again, but core features should be available to everyone. This is not a bonus for PS+ members, all they are getting is what they should already be getting, and to pass it off as a bonus is wrong. PS+ members should be given discounts, but holding things like this back from non-members is slap in the face. PS+ is a good deal for gamers, but I, like many on Home, dont play enough games to warrant buying PS+. Make a PSMovie+ and I'll buy in! Unfortunately I've lost confidence, and think this will all fall on deaf ears.

I know its been requested that this feedback concentrates on content, not the problems, but the issues from this update cant be forgotten or not mentioned.

Before the update, the Forums were full of posts of how moving all our saved data would have problems, and that we would lose the ability to backup our files and replace them in the event of a problem. The mess that this update has caused is rediculous, and with all the concerns aired on the Forums there should have been extra care taken to prevent the problems we've been getting, even if it was just an option for us to re-upload our files would have been something.

For the 1.75 update content, or lack of it, I'm sorry to say I can only vote with Very Dissatisfied.

Message 20 of 120 (430 Views)