Wastelander
487 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] HellFire's SpeedWings

Oct 11, 2012

i got gold 1z  , i luv the gold, im not a skateboarder, looks forward to new  animations..     Man Happy

photo resize187x186_zps228e9f5d.gif
Message 11 of 41 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Mercenary09 wrote:

I think their a bit overpriced as well. $1.99 would have been better.

I agree.

Message 12 of 41 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Lately it seems a lot of content has been trying to set new standards in pricing from the developers. This is a bit too much. Overall the concept is a great idea and its a welcome addition. But not at those prices.

Message 13 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1108 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Add me to the list of those who think these items are overpriced.  I had plans on buying one of the wings depending on the price and when I saw they were $3.99 each that pretty cinched it for me as far as not getting any.  I voted neutral because while the wings are cool, the price most definitely is not.

Message 14 of 41 (253 Views)
Wastelander
487 posts

Oct 11, 2012

oh snap i payed  $7.00  for goldones, i guess im the only one with umm,omy  Man LOL

photo resize187x186_zps228e9f5d.gif
Message 15 of 41 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Oct 11, 2012

As with most people who posted here, I too love the look and style of the SpeedWings. I do like the animation while walking/running and even standing about, heck even the rate of speed of which they make your avatar move is pretty impressive. If there would be one thing I would say nay about is the price. With the price of 3.99 (not including the gold varient which I believe is 5.99), not many people are going to be picking up multiple SpeedWing items. I was fortunate to be able to purchase one of each varient (1 dragon, 1 butterfly, 1 pheonix and 1 angle pair) and overall all of them look and operate great.

Advice: Lessen the price and or make a bundle of the SpeedWings (...at a reasonable price).

Message 16 of 41 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Oct 11, 2012

GlassWalls wrote:

Here's the official comment thread for the poll on the new SpeedWings from HellFire Games. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

Satisfied. Both Hellfire and nDreams are off to a fast start with the new Home 1.7 tools. Given the (current) scarcity of any other commodities which allow for a greater range of avatar gesticulations, dances and other movements, the pricing is quite fair. It becomes a question of just how willing the Home consumer base is to put its money where its mouth is, now that these features are available for purchase.

This new market segment finally allows developers to truly monetize a major element of the social interface of Home itself -- avatar expression -- beyond clothes and hair. For the first time in Home's history, there is a break from the uniformity of every single avatar having exactly the same range of movements and emotions. My hope is that, in time, this level of personalization can be pushed even further. Obviously new for-purchase dances are coming (Juggernaut already admitted as much here), which should also be able to command a premium price tag given the level of pent-up demand for such things, and I hope additional ranges of expression are explored.

As this market segment becomes more saturated, this will create downward pressure on pricing, and/or competitive innovation for even wilder movements. When that day comes, I suspect we may see discounts on nDreams Locomotion and Hellfire SpeedWings to spur additional sales -- but we're not there yet, and it is appropriate to command a higher price at this time. Personally, I think it's still a good deal.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 17 of 41 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Oct 11, 2012

people, please post some pics, i always preffer to see what it looks like before to buy, i really dont like when we dont get the 3D.

Message 18 of 41 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Sorry Norse,

We can debate on a fair price point all day.

The developer sets the price on what they believe they can make off the virtual item.

Not the fair development value.

Do you really believe the market saturation of developers is going to happen anytime soon.

LOL ...

This Home User, finds it appropriate in this scary economic time, to just wait for the developers to price point fairly .

The virtual item hole has been filled, now its turning into a mountain of greed.

Personally, that is the way I see it.

Satisfied. Both Hellfire and nDreams are off to a fast start with the new Home 1.7 tools. Given the (current) scarcity of any other commodities which allow for a greater range of avatar gesticulations, dances and other movements, the pricing is quite fair. It becomes a question of just how willing the Home consumer base is to put its money where its mouth is, now that these features are available for purchase.

This new market segment finally allows developers to truly monetize a major element of the social interface of Home itself -- avatar expression -- beyond clothes and hair. For the first time in Home's history, there is a break from the uniformity of every single avatar having exactly the same range of movements and emotions. My hope is that, in time, this level of personalization can be pushed even further. Obviously new for-purchase dances are coming (Juggernaut already admitted as much here), which should also be able to command a premium price tag given the level of pent-up demand for such things, and I hope additional ranges of expression are explored.

As this market segment becomes more saturated, this will create downward pressure on pricing, and/or competitive innovation for even wilder movements. When that day comes, I suspect we may see discounts on nDreams Locomotion and Hellfire SpeedWings to spur additional sales -- but we're not there yet, and it is appropriate to command a higher price at this time. Personally, I think it's still a good deal.

Message 19 of 41 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, I agree. 

Youre gonna have a hard time convinciing people that a $4 price tag on animated wings is "fair"...

"When new tech comes out, we must raise the price. When new abilities come to market, we must raise the price. When new functionality becomes possible, we must raise the price. Its HOT and FRESH and INNOVATIVE and if the community wants to keep up, theyre gonna have to fork over - MORE CASH!"

This wont settle well with a lot of people. And devs will find that as long as they stand firm on these overpriced items, they wont sell very well. The idea that "The devs put a lot of time and hard work into these items and products, i think the price is fair" wont fly. 

Then again...there are the idiots who drop $10 on a golden outfit or Mechjet suit....so never know. People will throw money at anything, just because they can.  ^_^

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 20 of 41 (187 Views)