Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Espionage 9 Arcade Cabinet

Jan 31, 2013

I'm very Disatified with this Arcade...I try to buy the Arcade Cabinets... But this one is a WHOPPING 27 SLOTS.... WTH!

I would of bought it for my Cluhouse but i have to take out 27 other item's to do so.... NO WAY!

Other Arcades were 22 Slots before are now 1 Slot each!  So why is this one 27 SLOTS? That's Insane....

So in this case this is one Arcade i Won't be Buying as long as it's 27 SLOTS....  No way i'm taking out 27 Other item's for just this one item.... NO WAY!

I like the looks of it in General.... But at 27 SLOTS.... PASS!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 11 of 31 (366 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Hey all,

Certainly we are looking at the slots for this. In terms of the amount of coding in the game we are pretty confident this is why the slots are so high. Without editing the code significantly (and thus changing the game completley...) we are looking at other ways.

With regards to rewards for the person who doesn't own the cabinet. Unfortunatley that isn't something that is going to change with this cabinet although feedback has been noted if we do any future ones.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 12 of 31 (342 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 31, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Hey all,

Certainly we are looking at the slots for this. In terms of the amount of coding in the game we are pretty confident this is why the slots are so high. Without editing the code significantly (and thus changing the game completley...) we are looking at other ways.

With regards to rewards for the person who doesn't own the cabinet. Unfortunatley that isn't something that is going to change with this cabinet although feedback has been noted if we do any future ones.

Joey

So if we had this in our Club House other members wouldn't even get the Rewards?  Aww, Man!  U Guys really need to rethink this....

It's not fair that if i buy said arcade and put it in said club house that other club members couldn't get the rewards... That's just WRONG!

27 Slots was bad but others can't get the Rewards even... Now that's going to Far....

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 13 of 31 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

So many things wrong with this, I can't believe it didn't get an overwhelming sweep of "very dissatisfied".

There really isn't any excuse for the abnormal amount of slots. I may not know exactly how this works, but with the normal, 1 slot arcade games, before you start the game, it says "downloading". Doesn't this imply it is downloading the game from a server, instead of putting all the game info in the cabinet itself?

Most of the 1 slot arcade games are more complex then this simple hide and seek type game, with stuff like, you know, music and a variety of sounds? More complex gameplay then moving a cursor and pressing x? Different levels and moving graphics?

Aside from the slots, I feel the biggest issue is the rewards.

I have no problem with owner-only rewards (though in truth, arcade games should at least have a few guest rewards) but my problem is the lack of any new, good, rewards, and the existing rewards are already terrible. 

All are furniture items except for 2, which are ugly clothing items, and the furniture has the Espionage 9 logo all over them, removing any decor potential they may have had. 

Seriously, a 27 slot arcade cabinet of a year-old game with no new rewards is one of the most pointless, random, and primitive things I have seen on home in months. This might have been fine and dandy in 2009-2011, but not in the latter half of 2012, and definitely not in 2013. 

It seems like this appealed to arcade cabinet collectors, but the 27 slots ruins that. Everything about this throwback is truly baffling and obviously gets a very dissatisfied from me.

Message 14 of 31 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Too many slots taken and no rewards for guests.. No purchase!

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 15 of 31 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12467 posts

Jan 31, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:.

Lame and Lamer. I knew I should've waited, shame on me. I just figured since it was a public game port than anyone could get the rewards.

Never buy on the first day, I broke my own rule. There's goes another $3.49 in storage.

Hell with it, I want my money back. Devs should disclose "owner only" rewards in the product description.

Message 16 of 31 (268 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jan 31, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

nDreams_Joey wrote:.

Lame and Lamer. I knew I should've waited, shame on me. I just figured since it was a public game port than anyone could get the rewards.

Never buy on the first day, I broke my own rule. There's goes another $3.49 in storage.

Hell with it, I want my money back. Devs should disclose "owner only" rewards in the product description.

I totally agree with you that product descriptions need to be more detailed and I mean across the board on everything... It's like they purposely leave stuff out because they know a lot of people wont buy their stuff if they say to much..

Message 17 of 31 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I know I'm in a very small minority, but I see no issue with guests not getting the rewards from the cabinet, as they didn't pay for the cabinet itself. If they cabinet required them to use their free weekly ticket to play, then sure, give them the reward, but it doesn't. nDreams is a business (shocker), and while you can play for free and get all the rewards if you wait a minimum of 20 weeks, it would absolutely kill their business model for Espionage 9 to offer the rewards to anyone and everyone who visits a buyer's apartment or clubhouse. Who would purchase tickets at $2.99 for 15 or 35 for $4.99 if they could simply ask around to find it for free? At least now there is an option to pay $3.49 for unlimited plays for you and your guests, so you can enjoy the game as much as you want without both parties having to continually pay for tickets. 

Message 18 of 31 (255 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jan 31, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

I know I'm in a very small minority, but I see no issue with guests not getting the rewards from the cabinet, as they didn't pay for the cabinet itself. If they cabinet required them to use their free weekly ticket to play, then sure, give them the reward, but it doesn't. nDreams is a business (shocker), and while you can play for free and get all the rewards if you wait a minimum of 20 weeks, it would absolutely kill their business model for Espionage 9 to offer the rewards to anyone and everyone who visits a buyer's apartment or clubhouse. Who would purchase tickets at $2.99 for 15 or 35 for $4.99 if they could simply ask around to find it for free? At least now there is an option to pay $3.49 for unlimited plays for you and your guests, so you can enjoy the game as much as you want without both parties having to continually pay for tickets. 

I highly doubt offering rewards to guests on some games that are purchased is going to put any dev out of business on Home.. Think about it, the work is done its not like someone is making individual products/rewards each time it goes to the consumer... They made the original once and basically its a Xerox copy after that..

Message 19 of 31 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12467 posts

Jan 31, 2013

ck2875 wrote:
 it would absolutely kill their business model for Espionage 9 to offer the rewards to anyone and everyone who visits a buyer's apartment or clubhouse.
No it wouldn't. The largest market of people who will buy this game are cabinet collectors. You'd also have people buy with the intent of having guest get the rewards, that's what I did. I already have all the rewards, so I would've never bought it otherwise.
Who would purchase tickets at $2.99 for 15 or 35 for $4.99 if they could simply ask around to find it for free?
Who? No one. Why? I'm sure their ticket sales are probably the same for Los Penguini Bros. Slim to none. This wouldn't have any bearing on future sales.

Message 20 of 31 (234 Views)