Sep 08 2012
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 2875 posts

[POLL Feedback Thread] Cutthroats: Battle for Black Powder Cove 2.0

26 replies 407 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

As you know, we regularly collect feedback on things, and in this thread, I would like to collect your comments on the recent update to Cutthroats: Battle for Black Powder Cove 2.0.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the top right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 27 (407 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Cutthroats: Battle for Black Powder Cove 2.0

Sep 8, 2012

Absolutely loving it. A couple of bugs which need to be fixed -- Activity Channel disconnections and issues with ships becoming invulnerable when they shouldn't be -- but a tremendous improvement over Cutthroats 1.0. It's tremendously fun to play, and should now have sufficient means to remain so for quite a while.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 2 of 27 (388 Views)
I Only Post Everything
823 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I really like the update! The improvements that were made are really good and the game is even more fun than before. The free daily coins and the free coins in treasure chests are also cool. It gives some a reason to come back daily to get the coins and play the game and actually be able to save up and purchase some upgrades just in case you can't afford coins in the store. The major things that I would like to see in the 3.0 update is a level cap increase in which it will take time to reach the max level. The current levels did not really take that long to max. New rewards would also be cool by adding more for levels added in a possible cap increase. And possiblely adding more rewards under the 31 level limit too similar to what Novus Prime did with Vindication. It very well could pull mor eplayers in if there are more than just 4-5 rewards in the first 31 levels. Just a thought though. But the 2.0 update was pretty good.

Message 3 of 27 (381 Views)
VP of Gaming
28892 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I am having a great time playing this game. It's challenging and hopefully make people ask themselves: "Should I attack now, or flee, make repairs and attack again?"

There're a lot of gold coins given away daily. And people will rely upon those to continue to play. I chose to buy an "enhancement" so that I wouldn't be completely dependent on thos coins.

My only gripe at this time is I did encounter a ship that was indestructible through out the game. When I catch the name if the ship(s), I will post them in PlayStation®Home Support. I missed the name this time.

Wait. I do have another gripe. I would like the leaderboard to reflect our status in relation to our friends. Either that, or have a daily, weekly, monthly and all time board. And even with that, I would like a friend's leaderboard.

Or have a seasonal board.

But inspite of that, the game was good before, now it's gotten better. Thank you Home Team!

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 4 of 27 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Wow a couple of bugs!!??  I have a list an arm length long!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 27 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12525 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Now that I'm done, I loved it.....LOL

Best part of the game is the free coins and boosts.

Bugs, yeah, but good ones.

I jumped from a LVL 25 to 31 in a minute.......WOOT!

Message 6 of 27 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 8, 2012

The game is a lot more fun. I love the random spawns, addition transport locations and some of the abilities like having your ship vanish (relocate) in the height of battle and the permanent clothing for boosters is a wonderful addition. 

I've only played for a few hours but we had a lot of fun. 

I do think any additional updates need to focus on.

• improved text chat for users 

* increase in the level cap

• additional rewards (Lockwood has some great rewards for Mercia as a example)

• would love to see a tournament mode where crews get a fixed number of ships and are eliminated when all ships are sunk

* perhaps a personal space that is integrated into the space with both to and from access from the private and public areas. 

Overall I think Cutthroaths is a great game for Home and I hope it does well because we need more games like this. 

Message 7 of 27 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12525 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

• improved text chat for users 

* increase in the level cap

additional rewards (Lockwood has some great rewards for Mercia as a example)

• would love to see a tournament mode where crews get a fixed number of ships and are eliminated when all ships are sunk

These are some good points and I hope maybe they'll come with another update.

The one thing I noticed is that the Custom Messages don't work anymore.

There used to be 4 messages that you could save.

Now there is only 2 and it doesn't save them for in game use.

Message 8 of 27 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Sep 8, 2012
I like the free coins and the fact that treasures actually give you coins now.

I think people have found a glitch were they're invincible which really killed it for me unless I'm missing something. Also I think the mast should be made transparent to be able to see better while using cannons.
Message 9 of 27 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
41 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I am not happy with the changes made to one of the few games I had previously enjoyed in Home. Constant communication disconnects make gameplay difficult. It is more cumbersome to relocate gunner on deck. Ships movements appear to be more sluggish. Damage gauges are inaccurate and misleading. I had achieved level 31 before changes had been implemented, in fact months ago. I use to return to the game frequently to assist novices in gaining rank. I don't see myself doing that now. Thank you for allowing me to state my dissatisfaction.

Message 10 of 27 (295 Views)