Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] 3D Printer

May 10, 2013

I love the veemee gift machine,It looks decent,like the way it looks as it's making the item,and it works very well,overall i voted very satisfied.Myself,can't wait to see what other items they come up with...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 11 of 23 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 10, 2013

It's nice to have another gifting option. I do think however that there should be a way of notifying by PM a user who was sent a gift.

If I wasn't told by someone they sent me a gift I would not have checked the machine given it's in a space I rarely visit and with the number of slots it takes I can't see putting it in one I spend a lot of time in. 

I love the fact you know exactly what the user sent and that is a big plus. 

Message 12 of 23 (518 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

Pros:

Menu is fast to navigate (much faster than LKWD GM)

Can Purchase Items for Yourself (this option is not available with LKWD GM)

Gifting & receiving items is very quick (much much much faster than LKWD GM)

Option to return a gift (this option is not available with LKWD GM)

Some items look really nice - YMMV

Some items are priced very reasonably - YMMV

Cons:

Items are not well organized (unlike the LKWD GM)

Some item descriptions are lacking important information, like gender (unlike the LKWD GM)

It doesn't show what your friend already has been given (unlike the LKWD GM)

There is no Wish List options (unlike the LKWD GM)

No option to automatically notify the person that you have sent them a gift, or include a personal note (like LKWD GM)

No notification you have been sent a gift unless you are in a space with the Printer (unlike the LKWD GM)

Some items are rather dull - YMMV

Some items are priced much too high - YMMV

The con that is most significant IMO is the fact that it does not show you what your friends already have been given, or notify you when you try and send them an item they already have.  This has already caused issues with some friends who all sent me the same item.  It is an unnecessary waste of time.  Fortunately it will not allow you to accept a gift by accident that you already have, but you still have to return that gift in order for your friend to get refunded the credit.

While promising, the cons are significant enough for me to give this a Dissatisfied vote, but I'm close to neutral.   Hopefully some of these issues will get addressed and if so I will gladly bump my rating to Satisfied or more.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 13 of 23 (511 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Extremely Dissatisfied

Lets see... A gift machine used to gift myself?!! Isn't this the same as Dev putting up content in the store without me having to pay ridiculous prices on tokens?? First off the point of a gift machine is to gift And when I'm not gifting I am purchasing items for myself, so the notion that gifting yourself is amazing is absolutely ridiculous. 

No notification as of who gifted you And one must not forget that it eats up 23 slots.  Im sure gift rejecting may work for some, but not for me, I am the type of person at actually appreciates the thought of a gift because it is how I was brought up.  I believe that a quick message to your friends stating not to gift you unless its something on your wish list would be more appropriate then rejecting the gift all together.  Oh wait!  Veemee doesn't have a wish list either (another fail)

Furthermore the outrageous prices for tokens is an insult to say the least. Yeah you can buy stuff for 25-50 tokens but at 1.49 for 100 tokens And 5.49 for 500, how much are you really paying for the item?  Items that are not properly labeled for their gender M/F and not the slightest description other then the name.  You would think that they would TRY to improve upon a product, not make one that has even more flaws then the original GM, this machine is worse then LKWDs and a total FAIL from Veemee just like Acorn Meadows.

Message 14 of 23 (499 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 11, 2013

I love it, great furniture, you can gift yourself and the tickets isn't that expensive.

Message 15 of 23 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2679 posts

May 11, 2013

Satisfied

I only used the free tokens as I'm not buying anything as of now. I like the cowboy hat very much as it's a bit different than the others in the store.

As for the future and it's use, I can see it being helpful.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 16 of 23 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

May 11, 2013

At first glance, I thought this was pretty cool! Then two things hit me at the same time, gendered beds and the prices. Why do we need blue beds for the guys and pink for the girls? The only reason I can see is money! If you go to the mybedroom shop you can buy any of the interactive beds for 2.49, but if you buy a bed from the printer it is 500 vouchers, that comes to 5.49 and they are not listed as being active.

While I understand we can gift ourselves for me it isn't worth the real monies we have to spend.

Sam

" Live Free or Die! "
Message 17 of 23 (458 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

May 11, 2013

I agree with everything thats been said on this thread, all of the pros and cons.  It does need some tweaking but I voted satisfied simply because it's about time that another dev gave us more gifting options.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 18 of 23 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 11, 2013

DarkSky25 wrote:

At first glance, I thought this was pretty cool! Then two things hit me at the same time, gendered beds and the prices. Why do we need blue beds for the guys and pink for the girls? The only reason I can see is money! If you go to the mybedroom shop you can buy any of the interactive beds for 2.49, but if you buy a bed from the printer it is 500 vouchers, that comes to 5.49 and they are not listed as being active.

While I understand we can gift ourselves for me it isn't worth the real monies we have to spend.

Sam

In case you were wondering, a friend of mine has the male bed and I've been to his apartment and seen it (used it). It is active. 2 people can lay on it (only one position). It takes up 6 slots (which I'm told is lower than many other active beds). Still seems a bit overpriced, but thought that might help people to know those things. Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 23 (418 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

May 13, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Here's the official comment thread for 3D Printer from VEEMEE poll. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the bottom right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

I'll start of by saying that the store prices are a tad high, but affordable with some items (Store Tokens).  I love how it scans and opens a lid as the reward is injected into my wardrobe, and I totally love how I can buy the item for my wardrobe.  I hope to see more items added in the near future.

Bambi-01us
Message 20 of 23 (374 Views)
0 Likes