Highlighted
Sep 20 2013
By: Ashlotte1 First Son 7 posts

PM's in PS Home

[ Edited ]
12 replies 806 views Edited Sep 20, 2013

Could we have a way to turn it off? That would be very helpful and have it set to something like "friends only" To keep the perverts down?

Message 1 of 13 (806 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: PM's in PS Home

Sep 20, 2013
no there is no way to block PMS. but you can ignore a user by right clicking on their name if they are bothering you. that will silence their PMS towards you.
Support Forums
Message 2 of 13 (801 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
412 posts

Re: PM's n PS Home

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

Hi,

You can switch the Private Message Channel off by pressing Start, Options, Chatlog, Chat Channels, Personal, Show, and finally making the square of Personal Text gray.

You'll then no longer receive any PMs from strangers.

But know that both you, and your friends can no longer send nor receive PMs either, both you and your friends will NOT receive any notifications that a Private Message was received, and it doesn't remember your settings, as the PM Channel is ON by default.

So you have to switch it off each time that you sign in Home.

You can switch annoying Group invites off also.

For that you need to go to Activity, Show, and make the square of Activity Text gray.

You'll then no longer receive annoying random group invites, but...you'll ALSO no longer receive, any invites from your friends, notifications of rewards, the arrival/departures of your friends, key instructions of games, and notifications of games.

So, that isn't very handy, but at least now you know how you can cope with unwanted random group invites.

Hope this helps you. Have fun. Smiley Happy  

Message 3 of 13 (790 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6035 posts

Sep 20, 2013

You can also use the block feature which permanently eliminates the problem.

Ignore is fine but when log back onto home again you'll have to apply it again if you run into the same offender.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 4 of 13 (757 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 20, 2013

I feel you about the PM thing too. Yesterday at acorn I had guy keep PMing me rude stuff and I end up blocking him and put him on ignore and somehow he manage to get past that keep on it. So I tried reporting him and I froze and when I log back my friends said I was still there but wasn’t talking. So I frankly little angry at these group guys going around being rude and in future I just going leave the space because when I try doing the right thing I end up getting kick or frozen. Its so frustrating. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Sep 20, 2013
Just highlight the Playstation Network ID then press X then go down to ignore press X again to put the offender on ignore you'll no longer receive private messages of him but unfortunately if the offender has more that 1 SEN account & he goes on another account the ignore feature only works on that 1 person's Playstation Network ID
Message 6 of 13 (706 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
903 posts

Sep 20, 2013
I hate the little sound! XD
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Message 7 of 13 (699 Views)
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Sep 20, 2013

It already exists but if you have suggestions for improvements they have a thread for that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/September-2013-Suggestions-Thread/m-p/415106...

What I want to do to most people..Fallen
Message 8 of 13 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Sep 20, 2013

@7

It hates you as well.

FF14 WAR
Message 9 of 13 (657 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Ashlotte1 wrote:

Could we have a way to turn it off? That would be very helpful and have it set to something like "friends only" To keep the perverts down?

ERMIGERD, there's a perv sendin' me dirty words!! *eyeroll* Since I'm 100% certain there's no such thing as "killer" words (i.e.: words that when spoken or typed to another person, will make them dead), grow some thicker skin, click on their name and select ignore. Trust me, you'll survive this, I'll stake a certain forums troll's dull and lifeless reputation on it.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 13 (650 Views)
0 Likes