May 03 2007
By: aximil7 First Son 3 posts

P2P Network intergrated into Home

3 replies 17 views Edited May 3, 2007
Found this link to this page while browsing Digg.

http://sonyprotectiongroup.com/index.php?mode=viewid&post_id=100

From the page:

"According to an unnamed source, we have received word that Sony has developed a Peer to Peer (P2P) file sharing network that will allow users to seamlessly watch and share movies. There won’t be any hassles to deal with involving the use of the network. The system works on the premise that one simply downloads the specific file and the movie will automatically begin playing. To expand on this network, we’ve heard that they’re planning to integrate the service into “Home”, Sony’s new online avatar-driven platform. Creating this service and offering it within "Home" would only further Sony's attempts at offering the ultimate multi-media experience. As of now, this is only a rumor, we'll have to wait till Sony openly confirms this.

EDIT: I'd like to state that I listed this as a rumor because i'm still waiting to see what Sony/Grouper has to say. Our source says that this is VERY real though and that it's based off Groupers P2P technology, who as you all know was bought by Sony."

This would be pretty cool if sony can pull this off.
Message 1 of 4 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: P2P Network intergrated into Home

May 3, 2007
I sure hope that happens. that would be awesome.  Anything sony can do to differentiate themselves from the competition will definetly help this generation!
Message 2 of 4 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3295 posts

May 3, 2007
i just posted the samething, word gets around so fast.

But yeah a p2p would be so sweet.
Message 3 of 4 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

May 3, 2007
sweet a** sweet
Message 4 of 4 (17 Views)
0 Likes