Survivor
1454 posts

Re: OrbRunner Class 8/09/12 6pm EDT

Aug 20, 2012

Hey Mur, nice of you to say, everyone seems to be picking up their scores.

So next class is Thursday, 8/23/12, 6pm EDT.  I have 2 new people so far attending, but anyone is welcome.  Add xDigitman3x and mention Orb Class.

Today's tip:  When on Espionage Island, instead of running counter-clockwise to collect orbs, run clockwise so you get a quick look at the orb layout down below on Penguini Island and can start to plan your run on this crucial area.  Remember to count the orb amounts once you hit Penguini.

See you at Aurora.  Smiley Happy  Dean  

Posted Image
Message 121 of 140 (264 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

Re: OrbRunner Class 8/09/12 6pm EDT

Aug 23, 2012

Hey guys, class tonight, 6pm Eastern.

Today's tip:  Know your enemy.  Get in the game, but instead of playing, go find a penalty orb to mess with.  Learn it's limitations and reactions.  Run past it at different distances and different speeds to see how it reacts to you.  Run circles around it, literally.  Not from 5 or 10 feet, but right next to it, and see how it reacts.  Knowing ahead of time how it will react will often dictate your run.  For instance,  you'll sometimes see a high value orb sitting directly behind a penalty orb on the edge of an island.  If you run as fast as is possible and hug the outer edge of the island, you can hit the high value orb and be gone before the bad guy has time to react.  Try it.

See you at Aurora.  Smiley Happy  Dean

Posted Image
Message 122 of 140 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Re: OrbRunner Classes Anyone?

Aug 23, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Can Jo, Claire, Jill, Sheva, Becca and Juliet come? They are good listeners and Claire especially thinks you're a hottie!  But what does she know. She is problematic. LoL.

And seriously that is awesome! I do see your scores everyday and am amazed how consistently you are there.

Holy carp that many alts at once o.o

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 123 of 140 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

Mike0_o wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Can Jo, Claire, Jill, Sheva, Becca and Juliet come? They are good listeners and Claire especially thinks you're a hottie!  But what does she know. She is problematic. LoL.

And seriously that is awesome! I do see your scores everyday and am amazed how consistently you are there.

You really don't want to know! LoL

But seriously I only have access to two PS3's at the moment. 

Message 124 of 140 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Mike0_o wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LOL  I know, holy carp!  But she only brings 2 on at a time, but they're all hot (especially bad girl Claire).  Smiley Very Happy  DG 

Posted Image
Message 125 of 140 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

Digitman3 wrote:

Mike0_o wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LOL  I know, holy carp!  But she only brings 2 on at a time, but they're all hot (especially bad girl Claire).  Smiley Very Happy  DG 

Yeah pretty sure ran into them in central plaza a long time ago and other times but to stay on topic think I might show up one day only have 4 more levels to go though level 96 atm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 126 of 140 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Aug 29, 2012

For anyone interested, this week's class will be Friday, 8/31/12, as I have to work late, again, for someone who is on vacation, again.  Add xDigitman3x.  Class at 6pm Eastern.

Today's tip:  Make your own purple orbs.  Eat strawberries and Taco Bell an hour before playing, then run backwards.  Smiley Wink

Today's real tip:  Skip white orbs, 5 pointers, unless they are in your direct path.  You'll kick yourself in the butt when the game ends and you're 1/2 a step away from a high value orb.  There's a limited amount of time, to be discussed later, so make the most of it.

So I saw Mur hit, what, 1970 a few days ago?  Nice.  I see Trill regularly on the board, good going Trill.  You're close enough, and regular enough, that I personally think you have no excuses for not joining the 2100 club, very soon.

Since the leaderboard is global, I'd really like to see the region listed along with a persons ID:  NA  Digitman3  2135

I think that would make it even more fun trying to bump different regions from the board, or maybe make it more regionally competitive.  I play everyday on my EU account so I've met some of the other leaderboard scorers there, but if I didn't, I'd have no idea what region they were from.  For instance, I've talked to Heavenboy666 and Laura_Groft over there, as well as seen Trill and Big_DEE1969 playing there.  Maybe I'll say something to Joey at nDreams.

Have fun.  Smiley Happy  DG 

Posted Image
Message 127 of 140 (205 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Class today for anyone interested.  6pm, EDT.  Add xDigitman3x.

Today's tip:  Learn the point values of every area.  There are a possible 2255 points in every game.  There are 8 different areas in OrbRunner, and each area has the exact same number of points available in every game.  If you have a target score, mine is 2000+, and a game is close to ending, and there's only one or two areas you haven't been to, you can quickly ascertain if hitting those areas will give you enough points to hit your goal, or if you should quit and restart.  For instance, if I have a score of 1750, and Arrival Island is the only area I haven't been to, knowing that it's 150 points won't be enough to hit my goal, I'll just quit and restart.  That much quicker to possibly getting a good layout.

The Points:

Arrival Island:            150

Penguini Island:        275

Espionage Island:     225

Dance Floor Island:  450

Launch Island:          400

Manhole Island:        100

Tent Island:                350

The Field:                    305

Knowledge is power.  Have fun.  Smiley Happy  Dean

Posted Image
Message 128 of 140 (179 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Re: OrbRunner Class 9/06/12 6pm EDT

Dec 1, 2012
I would like 2 attend if you are still doing this. I sent friend request. Thank you.
Message 129 of 140 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 2, 2012

this is pretty awesome what you are doing for people dean. I would like to take your class too. As you know you can always learn something new. Way to go bud.

Message 130 of 140 (90 Views)