Splicer
61 posts

Re: Open Beta Feedback

Dec 21, 2008

Home has been fine and dandy for a while now. My avatar looks just like except for a couple things: the hair styles and the skin pigments( or all color edits in general ).

I'm sure you know all about the modern hair styles of today and you pretty much covered the basic ones, but just one: "Waves". I'm a Black American man who likes to keep his hair short and brushed to a nice wavey effect. Sorry for lacking a picture of what I'm talking about, but you have to have seen at least one person rockin the style. It would be nice if you could just edit the hair in its own catagory, for example: face, body shape, hair, ect. This can give people the freedom of just moving the left or right joystic up or down, left or right to edit the legnth and a hair type catagory of type A: curly, Type B: straight, ect.

The other issue involves the skin pigments ( or color edits in general ). There needs to be a color dile slide where you can drag an icon over the correct color choice so you get the exactcolor you were looking for.

Just one more thing: Buying clothes in the mall. Resently I've purchase an article of clothing from the mall that looked great on shelves, but when I put it on.........uhhhh not so much. In real life there are dressing rooms to try on your clothes before you buy them and it would be perfect to add in the virtual mall. This would work wonders for me.

Thats my feedback of the week. Hope you can consider it.

Thank You for your time.

Message 1111 of 1,806 (12 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Dec 21, 2008
Just a small suggestion, on the search for clubs, it is a sequential search based the the beginning characters. If possible, could it be written to contain wildcards as well? 
Message 1112 of 1,806 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Dec 21, 2008

I thought you guys were bringing the trophy room along with the open beta?

Message 1113 of 1,806 (12 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Dec 21, 2008
The Only problems I've had was a couple of times Home has froze on me was when I tried to leave the film room in sully's bar and once in my apartment .Plus everytime I login to home all the clothes I unlocked playing the arcade games in the bowling alley are gone from my wardrobe !! " I lost my echochrome suit &My blue penguin beanie I got from Ice breaker...
Message 1114 of 1,806 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 21, 2008
I had the same issue for 3 days. Turns out I was trying to use my remote rather than the controller. I had the Guitar Hero dongle plugged in to one of the USB ports, and I unplugged it, and used controller 1 "X", and then it worked!
Message 1115 of 1,806 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 21, 2008

I've been trying for the past week to download the v1.04 update and NOTHING!!!  I am assuming this is also a problem w/ other people too?  If not, is there another way to download the update....like onto a USB memory stick or so?

Message 1116 of 1,806 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 21, 2008

Here are my requests:

Avatar building:  No options for mustache/goatee combo or a non-bushy beard.   Otherwise, it seems as though the male options pretty much have everything covered.

Apartments.  How about a computer or Sony HDTV for sale?  That way, in our apparentments, you can link directly into the web brower (unless that would be too memory intensive).  That way, you wouldn't have to leave Home to check e-mail or get some news.

Message 1117 of 1,806 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 21, 2008

After eagerly awaiting my chance to enjoy the Home beta, I must say that after the hour I spent in it the other night, I am not impressed.  It is visually stunning and all, but IMO it is kind of pointless.  I thought that you would launch right to home when you powered on your PS3, but it is separate application.  I mean it may be fun for people in to the whole social networking thing, but it is a glorified chat room.  The character creation is too complex, and I found that all of the characters seemed to be the equivelent looking of 70s **bleep** stars!  I am not hating, but I got a PS3 for gaming and blu-ray.  My other complaint is the whole loading time, and how everyone is a "ghost" until they fully load.  This is part of the reason why "free" isn't always better.  And besides the items for your apartment and other stuff, that all costs so technically it isn't free.

My Home suggestions:

Launch right to Home when you power on PS3 and all of the standard XMB options should be available from your apartment.

Better (simpler) character creation

I hope that with the actual release I will be able to find enjoyable parts of Home...Although I do think the best part is the  dancing!  thank you for that!

Message Edited by Smoothie101902 on 12-21-2008 02:09 PM
Message 1118 of 1,806 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Dec 21, 2008
There are some things that are acceptable in a beta, but issues with features that we have PAID REAL MONEY FOR is not one of them.  Since paying for my club, everytime I log back on to home, all the furniture that I spem alot of time placing, and some that I have also paid for, is all removed.  This happens every time I log off and back on.  Introducing real charges to a system that is unstable, might not be the best of ideas, but these issues should be at the top of the "To Fix" list, it is really not acceptable that I can't place things in there or that if I do it will all be gone the next time I log on.
PSN - Jackmouve
Message 1119 of 1,806 (12 Views)
Fender Bender
4711 posts

Dec 21, 2008

Ur reviewing a beta  a beta lol.  and 1.99 for furniture and 0.49 for clothe's club's 4.99 and house 4.99  These are ur choice to buy! nobody force's u to buy these.  PS3 need's a social interaction network for it's gamer's.

U guy's don't understand.  And Sony has never said there not going to include launching home directly through PS3.  People who are dissapointed are dumb.  It's pointless to trash a beta.

And Xbox live is already wayyy ahead of Sony.  Home is going to help PS3 maybe Pass xbox live.

If u guy's are so unhappy with home u don't have to use it! where as xbox live ur forced to play online!

Message Edited by XxPyleXx on 12-21-2008 02:46 PM
XxPyleXx Trophy Card
Message 1120 of 1,806 (12 Views)
0 Likes