Aug 07 2007
By: iJaycool02008 Lombax Warrior 174 posts

One thing Home better have...

5 replies 7 views Edited Aug 7, 2007
Right now on Home what I see is really cool, more than any other virtual world thing. But there is a few million of ps3 owners out there and (no real facts here) atleast 2 million or 1.5 million I think would have online (please correct if im wrong). Everybody is going to want Home and I could be wrong but I honestly don't think that 50,000 people will be enough. That alone will require 100 or more servers because I saw a video where Phil Harrison was talking about how many people there could be on home and he said 64 I recall give or take a couple people in each place, not in the entire home just in each lobby place. And I also recall him saying that in the apartments would be less than that. As of now I see only a few different lobbies. So I think there always going to be full unless theres atleast 75-100 servers and more overtime. Once again this could be all wrong but this is just my opinion. I really want to play Home, and I don't want to wait to play once it already comes out to the public. So either increase the amount of servers or increase the amount of places and people that can be in one area. If not then I think you won't be able to get into home often. Im pretty sure there going to have this but if someone seems to be idle and doesn't do anything for more than a couple of minutes, automaticcally log them out. Other people need their turn to.
Message 1 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Re: One thing Home better have...

Aug 8, 2007
Or just have a big sign that says No loitering lol but really I get what your saying i hope anyone can get into any room there not always full because that would be a big turn off.
Photobucket
I am the bird of Hermes, I devoured my own wings and I was tamed.
Message 2 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Aug 8, 2007
Yep, but I think Sony will do something, they don't like dissapointed fans, well I sure hope not lol.
Message 3 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Re: Re: One thing Home better have...

Aug 13, 2007
dont worry phil said there will always be space on home, their are probably a infinite number of servers, so capacity is probably not a problem
Message 4 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5346 posts

Aug 13, 2007
What do you mean "no loitering"? Half the people in the beta already do that lol.
Photobucket

Get Low...
Message 5 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
683 posts

Aug 13, 2007
If there was a Idle auto-boot that would be good too....man I wish COD3 had that. But I would settle for a head-set
"I am not a Sony fanboy. I am a fanboy of the best system" -Robert Summa
Message 6 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes