Monster Hunter
45 posts

Re: One Month Of My Life Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 28, 2007
wow
Message 61 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Apr 28, 2007
That has to be the saddest thing I have ever read. You do know that HOME will be out in October for everyone? I can wait for HOME. I just want new games to play on my PS3.
Message 62 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Apr 28, 2007

I just want to say that I am very disappointed in Sony right now. I know that Home isn’t the end all to end all but I wanted a chance to sign up for beta. Why they opened up a website for sign-up if they weren’t even going to use it is anyone’s guess but it shows how much they DONT care about their customers. You can see just on this board alone that there are MANY people wanting to get in the beta and many people watching the home beta website religiously.

Well, it’s just sad that we have to hear beta invites are going out from the people getting them and not even from Sony.

This may sound silly (feel free to flame me all you want) but I just want to go back to Target and return the system for a full refund (still in my 30 days). I am not impressed with the games at all (edit: that are out right now) and there are hardly any coming out (what IS coming out is schedule for September or later). Now they put up a website and only to tease people it seems. Way to go Sony... (Pretty sure this will be delete or something as Sony cant stand people talking the truth). (edit: So people understand, I wouldnt be returning the system just because of Home. That would be silly, but the whole idea behind what Sony has chosen to do with the Home Beta would be part of the decision)

Btw, I thought I would also mention that most beta trials want as much information as they can about the person doing the testing which is why they usually want a sign-up. So even if it is still random to a point I know they look for people with previous beta testing experience. Personally, I have been a part of the following beta trials:

Asheron's Call

Asheron's Call 2

Everquest

Everquest II

CoH

CoV

Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Angmar

Final Fantasy XI

Star Wars: Galaxies

Vanguard

DAoC

D&D Online

Planetside

I am sure there are many other people out there like myself that have been apart of beta testing and would like the pleasure of testing Home. Besides, its not just about getting to try Home early, its about playing a role (small as it may be) in the overall production of it. Testing every nook and cranny and reporting everything back is actually something I have found very interesting over the years.

Anyways, I am done ranting.

Message Edited by Pyrophoric on 04-28-2007 05:22 AM
Message 63 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Apr 28, 2007
U kno u can just wait till the open beta in August or the general release in October.  It's not like the end of your life.
Message 64 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Apr 28, 2007
either way sony is going to look like the bad guy because everyone can't get into a closed beta thats just how it is.

If you were part of that many beta test than why are you so mad. i see your point of having done some before so you should do this one but shouldn't some people that try to get into beta's and dont get in,  actually get a chance once in a while. just something to think about.
Message 65 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Apr 28, 2007

First, I would not say that I am mad. I am just very disappointed with Sony at them moment. As I said in the above post, it’s not just the Home beta that has made me feel that way.

Second, I would say that everyone deserves a chance at beta testing. Some people, however, are more qualified to beta test than others. There are people out there who just want to beta test to get their hands on the latest and greatest, they will more than likely provide no useful information (if any information at all) back to Sony to help the process. So my disappointment comes because Sony has chosen to do a completely random beta instead of giving people, who actually want to TEST things, a fighting chance. The whole point of beta testing, incase Sony was not aware, is to provide useful information to help fix or ensure a product is properly working. Who knows, maybe they are just testing servers to see if it can handle certain loads, but I doubt that because the results wouldn’t be accurate. The idea that there are about 15,000 beta spots available while hundreds of thousands of people might be getting on Home in the future would only prove that the beta 15,000 can get on, not that hundreds of thousands can.

Third, hosting a website saying to keep checking back for a chance to show interest in the closed beta is a tease. If you are going to let people sign-up then do it. Sony knows well by now that most, if not all, the people here have been checking that website hoping to see something change. Instead of announcing that there has been invitations sent out already and that their website is useless, they let the people who were invited be the ones to tell the community.

Right now, my opinion is that the Playstation 3 is struggling due to a small selection of games (yes, it hasn’t been a year yet) which aren’t even that good (there is no excuse for having such a small selection of mostly awful games). Sony doesn't need to pull stunts like this and make things worse. There has been a lot of media over this month regarding Home and to make a forum section and website but provide so little actual information for beta is just a shame.

I myself have not religiously checked the website for the beta trial but do have it set as my home page so that whenever I open FireFox it will pop up. No time was lost looking at the website, although I have lost a small amount of time making this post and the previous. I have almost no time invested in this beta so it is no loss to me but it is still disappoint none the less to see Sony has chosen this route. I was keeping my PS3 because of the Blu-Ray player, Spiderman 3 (looks interesting but not sure if it will be any good), and Home beta once it was announced. I can do without the Blu-Ray player right now due to the lack of Blu-Ray movies I actually like, can do without SM3 (can always get it later), and now that Home beta is virtually out the window until August beta or October release, there isn’t much reason for me to keep the system.

Who knows, maybe by the time I decide to buy the PS3 back it will actually be less with all the budget cuts they are doing to it.

Anyways, still haven’t made up my mind fully about selling it but this is just another notch in my list of ways Sony has fallen short of my expectations.

Message 66 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Apr 28, 2007
I wasnt too annoyed, I only heard about the site 3 days ago. I'm slightly ticked at the fact that no europeans appear to have been included. The whole idea of 15,000 emails in one night seems a bit high, perhaps the 1,000 or 2,000, definitely not 15,000.
PSN: nitro_159
Message 67 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Apr 28, 2007
Pyro, I can understand your frustration, but you also should've known what you were buying instead of saying "Well there just are not any games and i didnt get into beta" Which honestly I think your mouth would be shut if you did get invited, but when I purchased the ps3 I knew what I was doing, and would have to wait a good while before it actually used thefull potential pf the ps3. So you can't really blame sony, blame yourself.

Message Edited by BryGuy on 04-28-2007 11:14 AM
Message 68 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1045 posts

Apr 28, 2007
Stop complaining about your virtual life and start living your real life.
Message 69 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1045 posts

Apr 28, 2007
Pyrophoric, SONY only chose people from this website who have built up at least some reputation.  You only have three posts, and from what I can see, all those posts were about was complaining about not getting in to the beta.
Message 70 of 77 (0 Views)
0 Likes