Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Oldest female gamer in Home

Jan 4, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Perhaps they can make a category for oldest female PlayStation gamer? We should investigate... I'd be thrilled if it was you.

Careful don't forget the men gamers or you'll be in trouble. Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 74 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Stage_Coach wrote:
Cleaned up this thread of a few inflammatory comments. Please keep it respectful Smiley Happy

Stating she'll be dead before she sets a record is not inflammatory.

There's female Home users who are over a decade older, and Guinness is never going to have a Home category. Most gamers think it's a joke.

How many platinum's do you have?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 52 of 74 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Keara22HI wrote:

"Is that something that can really be claim though? If you think about it they could give a 80 year old a controller and have her play COD for about 5 min. and call her the oldest gamer. I just don't see how this could be claimed."

Oldest female gamer hanging out in Home! Just being able to kick butt in Call of Duty is not sufficient.  You show me that 80 year old woman who could hang out in Home without telling some pimply-faced little teen perv that if he doesn't get up off his knees, she is going to drop kick him into sterility.

Har Har Har, back in Vietnam....

Message 53 of 74 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 4, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Stage_Coach wrote:
Cleaned up this thread of a few inflammatory comments. Please keep it respectful Smiley Happy

Stating she'll be dead before she sets a record is not inflammatory.

There's female Home users who are over a decade older, and Guinness is never going to have a Home category. Most gamers think it's a joke.

How many platinum's do you have?

Who cares?

I play games for fun, not achievements.

I'd rather read a book, visit an art installation, or watch a film.

With a little culture, you could learn the difference between possessive and plural nouns.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 54 of 74 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I involve my dad (turns 73 in June) actively in my gaming hobby, including Home. He has a lot of fun helping me decorate apartments, and I often get his opinion about purchasing decisions. I also try to show him many of the Home special events, including New Years here and in Japan Home. He rarely picks up the controller himself in Home, though.

More generally in gaming, he has enjoyed playing coop with me in for example Red Dead Redemption, Gattling Gears and Fable, and he really digs his Train Simulator on Steam PC.

Anyway, awesome idea you had here Keara and big props to you and all Home users with gray hair, white hair or no hair at all. I'll be joining your ranks soon enough.

Message 55 of 74 (234 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Uh why the hell be my dads age on here? I'm 30 but home is not a good place for seniors, maybe for an experience but not for a fling long term thing!!! Do something else then using ur grandchildrens console!! Home won't help u be social , it's just more stress and drama! Snd that's bad for seniors if ur plan was to be more social in the younger generation. Stick to talking to re pple face to face and not digital faces. Human to human contact is critical for ur age!! I should know' my dads 72 also. I would never let my own dad on home!! It's too much full wth immature adolescent that think they Our age and the know life, which is bull! And they are faking it!

Think of a better way to be social! Not here on home.
Message 56 of 74 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

I had no idea ma'am....always nice to meet another girl gamer sweetieSmiley Happy

edit: removed off-topic discussion embedded within.

Message 57 of 74 (277 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Jan 4, 2013
They think they are our old age*
Message 58 of 74 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 4, 2013
A true gamer would never prefer a book over a good game...Put your controller where your mouth is...Either you are a true hard core gamer or you're all talk...In my opinion, you can't be both...Gaming is not about possesive or plural nouns, it's all about beating the game, and not beating you gums...
Message 59 of 74 (240 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
413 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Good Luck Keara!

Sam

" Live Free or Die! "
Message 60 of 74 (236 Views)