Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Old ps home version(2009-2010) was better and godlier

Nov 19, 2012

RockCandyGirl wrote:

lol.. sorry I would have read this sooner but I was too busy making the beds, washing the dishes and baking cookies. What was this about again?

The good old days when we didnt' have real pretend guns to shoot each others faces off with and had to use our imaginations. That and how much Jesus used to love Home but someone made him cry and he left us to play battleship. That's what I got out of it.

Message 31 of 43 (356 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

I understand where you're coming from. When we first started having people wearing AK-47s on their backs, I found it a little disturbing, but mostly silly. Now I have no feeling about it. Truthfully, I like to use my Nathan Drake avatar once in a while.

What I find more disturbing than the guns and swords people have in their hands is the behavior of users whether they are armed or not. In Home, and on the forum. Though I find people are more behaved in Home than they once were, the forums are a different story.

But in my opinion, as I mentioned earlier, I find todays Home content and choices a lot better than they were before.

With the guns and violence usually come's the badazz attitude or (PTSD) Post-traumatic stress disorder.  So yea, can't have one with out the other.

I also disagree that Home is better today then it was before.  Home did show so much potential in the early day's but now it's just like Sony want's to turn it into a game program.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 32 of 43 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 19, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

i remember years ago when someone would make a topic here saying they wanted guns in Home and to be able to shoot other avatars and everyone was against it.

nowdays thats the standard for games in Home. yay for progress!

Most of thoes people that where against the guns in the first place are no longer with Home so they might argue you're definition of the word "progress"

But seem's like every few day's now more and more people are leveing Home.  I read post's at lest one a week like the what's wrong with Home post made last week where people are saying all there friends no longer use Home and they don't know why.

GAPHome

General

Message 33 of 43 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

I remember I was one of those opposed to the introduction of guns in Home. Looking back it really doesn't matter either way.

After all, what could be hotter than a hot chick, scantily clad with a big gun and a case of beer? Every American boys dream???

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 43 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Nov 19, 2012

sword-art-online
Message 35 of 43 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

SORROW-83 wrote:

BN_forum_large.jpg

LMFAO!

Oh, 1960's violence. I bet many people never realized what a violent period that was. Either because they were stoned out of their minds or...well...stoned out of their minds.

Racism, communism, and civil rights?

sword-art-online
Message 36 of 43 (323 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Nov 20, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

i remember years ago when someone would make a topic here saying they wanted guns in Home and to be able to shoot other avatars and everyone was against it.

Most of thoes people that where against the guns in the first place are no longer with Home so they might argue you're definition of the word "progress"

But seem's like every few day's now more and more people are leveing Home.  I read post's at lest one a week like the what's wrong with Home post made last week where people are saying all there friends no longer use Home and they don't know why.

that defines about 70% of my PSN buddy list.

and i was being sarcastic with the whole "progress" thing. Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 43 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

goodSuM wrote:

MLn_22 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Can you be more specific as to what the issues are that helped form your opinion? And what can be done to make your Home experience better?

Personally, I like how much Home has changed. We have more activities, more places to visit or hang out and more options to make our personal experiences more enjoyable. But that's my opinion.

I think I understand the way andrewmc87 feel's because I feel the same way.  Seem's like everthing time I goto "The Hub" there is nothing but noise going off and commercials.  Also look at the game's that are in Home.

• Uproar (violent)
  • HGL (violent)
  • Fight Until Blood And Ruin F.U.B.A.R (violent)
  • Cutthroats: Battle for black Powder Cove (violent)

Just listed our newer game's or just updated games.  But we also have people walking around with gun's and knives  Home use to be a relaxing place with a nice funksway feel to it.  But you can't see that Home now it's covered with commercials and violents.

i really hope for you that you do not really find those games ''violent'' ... Smiley Indifferent

...  But technically there's violence in them (Cogs and Sodium2 aren't violent).  But I see where he's coming from.  There's someone with a weapon hand item or other clothing item with a weapon in them in every space.  Back in 2009, those options were never available.

Exactly.

and im stealing your cakes SE.

by the way, King0fHearts2007, how old are you ? im a bit curious.

video-game-memes-video-games-do-not-cause-violence.jpg

Message 38 of 43 (278 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 24, 2012

You know guy's it seem's like every day now I come on here to read people saying that there friends no longer use Home (What's wrong with Home) or EU and Japan servers are better then our's but I almost never see anyone on here stand up and say how they would make Home a better place. 

I just pointed out that the last few game's that we are got where violent and when that typically happen's people are more mean, rude or badass.  Even Conrad_Max pointed out the behaved of users changed right around when all this started.

As I pointed out in the past I feel like making Home into a game is takeing Home down the wrong direction.  I also feel as if these mini games in the game spaces in Home killed the game spaces.  Everyone just seemed to be drawn to these spaces just for the mini game's wich killed people from talking about the actual game and game launching.  I mean why have game launching if no one in that space own's the game right?

GAPHome

General

Message 39 of 43 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Nov 24, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
Last time I checked Home was made for all ages so why are we putting all this stuff into Home?

Well, either you haven't "checked" in like, forever, or your reading comprehension skills are exceedingly low.

Home was NOT "made for all ages." the MINIMUM age for Home users is 13. Not 9, or 11, or anything UNDER 13.

Now perhaps you live in a magical world or are Amish (which means you shouldn't be using a PS3 in the first place), but by the age of 13, children have been exposed to various elements of nudity, profanity, and violence. Sony has always clearly stated that PARENTS should take an active part in their children's online experience, and Home is no exception to that. So your whine about "all this stuff" being put into Home is moot.

As regards your other complaint:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
You know guy's it seem's like every day now I come on here to read people saying that there friends no longer use Home (What's wrong with Home) or EU and Japan servers are better then our's but I almost never see anyone on here stand up and say how they would make Home a better place.

It's called LIFE, Binky. People DO have lives outside of Home. They grow up, they have families, jobs, hobbies, and other considerations that may take them away from Home and gaming. Sometimes for a few days or weeks, sometimes for months or years, sometimes permanently.

There is a thread on these forums about a very long-time and very active Home user known as Heartitwow. He's rumored to be working as a DJ back East, and simply is no longer around. Perhaps some of these peoples' missing friends have likewise moved on from Home for various personal or professional reasons.

HERE'S the rub...Home STILL is growing. For all the people who have left, Home is STILL growing. Ergo, your overly myopic concern about people leaving is as moot as your misinformed complaining about Home's content.

Jesus or "godliness" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the equasion (THANK GOODNESS!), and hopefully will continue to be a non-factor in Home. Home never was intended to be some sort of "religious retreat" for Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Sikhs, or ANY religion. Nor should it be. Sony has clearly written the Terms of Service that define what behaviors are and are not permitted on Home. Sony knowingly allows 3rd Party Developers to create various outfits (bikinis, nearly nude tops, undewear revealing pants, Demons, Succubuses, Anime girls, etc.), as well as hand items (weapons, pillows, food, etc.) and head items (axes, horns, and halos, etc.) which appear to ALL sell in varying degrees of success. In the "olden times," Home had ONE type of clothing, and a VERY limited number of spaces. And like the days of horse-drawn carriages and hoop skirts, those times are past.

Home today offers many types of spaces and items, some free, and much more for purchase. The people who leave Home, regardless their reasons, are quickly replaced by new people, who spend more money on Home, much to Sony's delight. Such is as it should be.

Sony is a BUSINESS. Home is a carefully crafted MARKETING PLAN by a BUSINESS for the SOLE PURPOSE of making money. Not to provide a  happy little universe for those seeking a "godlier" type of gaming experience.

While I can empathize with your nostalgic desires for the "olden times," the fact remains that the world keeps turning, and we all are carried forward into the future with it. I do not sympathize with your plight, nor agree with your whining about the past. To remain in the past is to be static. Growth requires movement. Home is STILL growing, and will hopefully never stop.

You have gently been suggested to seek out, or create on your own, a collective of those who are like minded with yourself. That is the best thing you can do to attempt to preserve and shut out the very real changes that have happened and continue to happen on Home.  But to think that things will EVER go back to what once was is beyond folly, and borders upon delusional.

In other words get over yourself. If you don't like the way Home is today, you certainly will not like it next month, or next year. Either adapt to the changes and learn to accept them, create your own Private spaces for you and your friends wherein you avoid interacting with all of us godless heathens who carry swords and wear demon outfits limiting your online gaming to Sodium 2 and Cogs, or just use your PS3 to play Little Big Planet and other non-violent and peaceful games. Just as with all the people who have left before you,  your leaving will not create any noticeable void, and will quickly be filled with other users, many of whom will happily open their wallets for the entertainment Sony provides by selling fake weaponry and revealing clothing.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 40 of 43 (239 Views)