VP of Gaming
29581 posts

Re: Old ps home version(2009-2010) was better and godlier

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

What about Chess? Isn't it a strategic war game where the objective is to kill the king? I've played it in Home and I've played it in elementary school.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 21 of 43 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

What about Chess? Isn't it a strategic war game where the objective is to kill the king? I've played it in Home and I've played it in elementary school.

Isn't this the same argument hyperkane just made but with a different game?  First of all don't you have to go out and buy a chess game?  Or does it come free on the PS3 XMB?  In the game of Chess do they hand you a gun and have you shoot at life like Avatar's and as a victory you can do a little dance over the other persons dead Avatar?

Now, trying to get us all back on topic.  All, I'm saying is I find it in bad taste that the last few free game's in Home have all been kill or fight game's.  Home use to be a far happyer place.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 22 of 43 (212 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29581 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

I understand where you're coming from. When we first started having people wearing AK-47s on their backs, I found it a little disturbing, but mostly silly. Now I have no feeling about it. Truthfully, I like to use my Nathan Drake avatar once in a while.

What I find more disturbing than the guns and swords people have in their hands is the behavior of users whether they are armed or not. In Home, and on the forum. Though I find people are more behaved in Home than they once were, the forums are a different story.

But in my opinion, as I mentioned earlier, I find todays Home content and choices a lot better than they were before.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 23 of 43 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I think what you're seeing now is a generation shift as well. A few years back we had some relevant aware of the current style and culture. Now it seems as if an entire hoard of kids has just sprung loose, while the older generation has moved on from lackluster.

Occasionally what I see now:

Swag, Yolo, must be gangster and hate on everyone.

I must cause drama and hit on every virtual girl (Although that hasn't changed much..) 

I must wear this type of clothes,

I am immature and compelled to think of profound thoughts in general and am subsequent into following fads and worrying about what my friends say. 

I must ignore those who look different, and judge them horrifically to boost my damaged sheep like self esteem

I must gather in the groups that accept intolerance so that I may fit in.

It seems a lot of these youngsters have lost traces of individuality. Reminiscent of past and shoe fit characters

That was rather dull and depressing. So Ill just say there is hope for home yet, for this generation of home gamers to mature and grow up..until the next batch..Keep spending money!

Message 24 of 43 (193 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

Nov 19, 2012

BN_forum_large.jpg

Message 25 of 43 (169 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

SORROW-83 wrote:

BN_forum_large.jpg

LMFAO!

Oh, 1960's violence. I bet many people never realized what a violent period that was. Either because they were stoned out of their minds or...well...stoned out of their minds.

Message 26 of 43 (158 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Nov 19, 2012

goodSuM wrote:

MLn_22 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Can you be more specific as to what the issues are that helped form your opinion? And what can be done to make your Home experience better?

Personally, I like how much Home has changed. We have more activities, more places to visit or hang out and more options to make our personal experiences more enjoyable. But that's my opinion.

I think I understand the way andrewmc87 feel's because I feel the same way.  Seem's like everthing time I goto "The Hub" there is nothing but noise going off and commercials.  Also look at the game's that are in Home.

• Uproar (violent)
  • HGL (violent)
  • Fight Until Blood And Ruin F.U.B.A.R (violent)
  • Cutthroats: Battle for black Powder Cove (violent)

Just listed our newer game's or just updated games.  But we also have people walking around with gun's and knives  Home use to be a relaxing place with a nice funksway feel to it.  But you can't see that Home now it's covered with commercials and violents.

i really hope for you that you do not really find those games ''violent'' ... Smiley Indifferent

...  But technically there's violence in them (Cogs and Sodium2 aren't violent).  But I see where he's coming from.  There's someone with a weapon hand item or other clothing item with a weapon in them in every space.  Back in 2009, those options were never available.

i remember years ago when someone would make a topic here saying they wanted guns in Home and to be able to shoot other avatars and everyone was against it.

nowdays thats the standard for games in Home. yay for progress!

Message 27 of 43 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Wow..complaints about violence and not sex for once? This is unusual.

Message 28 of 43 (136 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 19, 2012

myalana wrote:

Wow..complaints about violence and not sex for once? This is unusual.

Pinch yourself... you might be dreaming. Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 43 (134 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Nov 19, 2012

lol.. sorry I would have read this sooner but I was too busy making the beds, washing the dishes and baking cookies. What was this about again?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 43 (117 Views)
0 Likes