Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Old ps home version(2009-2010) was better and godlier

Nov 24, 2012

Well said and welcome back Moz. I think you've mellowed.

Message 41 of 43 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 25, 2012

ImM0Zb0 wrote:
Well, either you haven't "checked" in like, forever, or your reading comprehension skills are exceedingly low.

Home was NOT "made for all ages." the MINIMUM age for Home users is 13. Not 9, or 11, or anything UNDER 13.

Now perhaps you live in a magical world or are Amish (which means you shouldn't be using a PS3 in the first place), but by the age of 13, children have been exposed to various elements of nudity, profanity, and violence. Sony has always clearly stated that PARENTS should take an active part in their children's online experience, and Home is no exception to that. So your whine about "all this stuff" being put into Home is moot.

First before I start I would like to ask you to use actul facts and when you can please back it up with link's to facts.  You just said all this but never said where you got any of this info from so for all we know you could of made it all up.

Let's say for right now that what you said is true.  Do you feel like Sony is acting responsible by rateing there game's, music and movies and then when it come's to Home NOTHING?  What most people who read my post's can't seem to understand is this draw's people away from Home.  If I had kid's and they told me they where playing Fight Until Blood And Ruin F.U.B.A.R and I didn't know anything about it I would say fine no more Home for you delete Home and put lock's on it so my kid's could no longer use Home.

I'll go on and say the fact that the last few game's Home has added where all violent.  This could mean nothing or it could be a new trend.  With the violents come's with people who want to kill in Home and be a badass in Home.  This also goes with the rude remarks and so on.

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
You know guy's it seem's like every day now I come on here to read people saying that there friends no longer use Home (What's wrong with Home) or EU and Japan servers are better then our's but I almost never see anyone on here stand up and say how they would make Home a better place.

It's called LIFE, Binky. People DO have lives outside of Home. They grow up, they have families, jobs, hobbies, and other considerations that may take them away from Home and gaming. Sometimes for a few days or weeks, sometimes for months or years, sometimes permanently.

This is what I was talking about in an older post the Fanboy/girls of Home make up excuses why so many people leve Home.

I've always seen Home as an extension of the PS3 system.  Most people get sick of a game after time and move on to a newer game but thoes same people can log-on to Home and find new friends that also like that game in Home.  This is part of why I'm so against making Home game like.  If Sony keep's making Home game-like people will "play" it for so long get sick of it and move onto something else.

The only reason I feel people should stop using Home is if they get sick of there PS3's.  But I feel like the maker's of Home are making a ton of mistakes right now and given people reasons to leve Home.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 42 of 43 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2394 posts

Nov 25, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

ImM0Zb0 wrote:
Well, either you haven't "checked" in like, forever, or your reading comprehension skills are exceedingly low.

Home was NOT "made for all ages." the MINIMUM age for Home users is 13. Not 9, or 11, or anything UNDER 13.

Now perhaps you live in a magical world or are Amish (which means you shouldn't be using a PS3 in the first place), but by the age of 13, children have been exposed to various elements of nudity, profanity, and violence. Sony has always clearly stated that PARENTS should take an active part in their children's online experience, and Home is no exception to that. So your whine about "all this stuff" being put into Home is moot.

First before I start I would like to ask you to use actul facts and when you can please back it up with link's to facts.  You just said all this but never said where you got any of this info from so for all we know you could of made it all up.

Let's say for right now that what you said is true.  Do you feel like Sony is acting responsible by rateing there game's, music and movies and then when it come's to Home NOTHING?  What most people who read my post's can't seem to understand is this draw's people away from Home.  If I had kid's and they told me they where playing Fight Until Blood And Ruin F.U.B.A.R and I didn't know anything about it I would say fine no more Home for you delete Home and put lock's on it so my kid's could no longer use Home.

I'll go on and say the fact that the last few game's Home has added where all violent.  This could mean nothing or it could be a new trend.  With the violents come's with people who want to kill in Home and be a badass in Home.  This also goes with the rude remarks and so on.

I'll answer the age thing.  In the Terms Of Service, it suggests the age to be 13 to play Home.  But of course, there have been spaces that have been 17+ (or 18+), such as the Dead Island Central Plaza or the Community Theatre (when videos with the "F" word appear), but then Home would not allow a user under that age to enter that space.  But yes, 13 is what it says for standard in the TOS.  

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 43 of 43 (57 Views)
0 Likes