Nov 14 2011
By: PSYCHO_180 Hekseville Citizen 280 posts

Old Closed Beta things we never got.

10 replies 37 views Edited Nov 14, 2011

watch the videos spot the things sony should have left in...

http://www.bartcheever.com/Nike.html

Message 1 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Re: Old Closed Beta things we never got.

Nov 14, 2011

Meh, there's only one thing applicable to the post in general & that's the "Hall of fame/Trophy room". That was basically addressed by the fact that for "every PS 3 game trophy", they'd have to consult with every PS 3 game developer out there to create a "Virtual Trophy", thereby possibly increasing said price of the game. Take for instance Red Dead Redemption, that game in itself has 91 trophies in all (not including downloadable content). Ideally, the Hall of fame/Trophy room is a great idea, in theory. But realistically, the idea just isn't feasable due to the development of the design & manipulation of the visualizations that would need to be made.

The other things have been much more improved upon, the way you can manipulate your avatar is much more fluid & there are several more ways to fine tune it to the way you want it to look, Harbor studio is much more open & the outside has been improved upon with the views themselves, Plus with the addition of several more personal Spaces, Harbor studo is now an exception. The Theater itself has been improved upon, (yes there was the "Rope issue", but that has since been decided upon to be completely removed), so it is quite an improvement overall in the way the theater is arranged. You do bring up some good points, but I feel the positives & improvements they have made overall, far outweigh the not putting in of the Hall of Fame/Trophy room. I for one am not going to cry about something that I never had, nor will ever get in the foreseeable future

Message 2 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1308 posts

Nov 14, 2011

holy cow, i think it's time to let it go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Nov 14, 2011

but we got them already n the closed beta & sony is trying 2 provide something new 4 the users. y should we stick 2 old things even f they were cool ? we can make things that r much better 4 the future.

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 4 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Nov 14, 2011

Kinda miss the old Home...and a small portion of the old community. Seems everybody cares more about items now and fashion accessories. Oh well, I'll be enjoying  BF3, Uc3, and Skyrim until things get better, as of now though, there's no reason to be in it for more than 5 minutes.

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 5 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28233 posts

Nov 14, 2011

Nes_Daze wrote:

Kinda miss the old Home...and a small portion of the old community. Seems everybody cares more about items now and fashion accessories. Oh well, I'll be enjoying  BF3, Uc3, and Skyrim until things get better, as of now though, there's no reason to be in it for more than 5 minutes.

I'll be on Home for four hours each weeknight, and five to eight hours on weekend and holidays. Sometimes up to nineteen hours. I'm not there for the gifts and rewards, though. I'm there to interact with others, to play games and to help those with issues and questions. I won't ask for freebies, but I won't turn them down.

For me, PlayStation Home is about the PlayStation Community. Sharing, supporting and helping each other.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Nov 14, 2011

i enjoy both playing games & visiting home. i met many friends there & we r sharing thoughts, opinios, ideas ... etc. i chat with them like f they were with me n my house. also, i improved my language & learned new languages from ppl n different regions. moreover, i learned how 2 control my RAGE & use my head instead. maybe u r right when u said ppl care about fashion, but that doesnt mean theres no1 cares about anything else. bcuz f so i wont share my suggestions on this 4ums & i'd share them 2 a gaming company & make myself a nice budget. & btw home is worth 2 to 4 hours daily.

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 7 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 14, 2011

PSYCHO_180 wrote:

watch the videos spot the things sony should have left in...

Definitely the dances/emotes, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Nov 14, 2011

the trophy room just wouldnt be feezable with the amout of trophies there are now.  we do get extra emotes with some costumes, but could really use some more normally.  still waiting on TVs though.  other than that  other than that most everything in these videos have been improved or replaced.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 9 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Nov 14, 2011

pyrodragon5 wrote:

the trophy room just wouldnt be feezable with the amout of trophies there are now.  we do get extra emotes with some costumes, but could really use some more normally.  still waiting on TVs though.  other than that  other than that most everything in these videos have been improved or replaced.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!

Trophy room still works just like the trophies themselves. You would just base Trophy room pieces to specific trophies in games as triggers. They give Home freebies just for putting the disc in on some games (batcave from Arkum Asylum). Not a lot of coding needed for tieing earning a certain trophy to a decoration.

The problem more exists in letting other into your trophy room. They would need to load the objects so a big trophy room could take a while to load up.

Far as I am concerned this is the one thing that is really missing from the Home arena. Players should have a way to show off their skills (or comedic failures) in games. A lot of FPS games give a trophy for killing yourself too often and having a trophy in the room (a giant sucker with soundeffect, a soldier wearing a bullseye on their chest, something like that) would be fun. The platinum hoarders would probably like a tally poster, giant plat trophy with a counter under it showing how many they had.

The main holdup I see is that the objects would have to be created. Dev's and Sony would have to pay people to sit in a corner, coming up with trophy objects. Everytime there was an upgrade of coding or image quality, they would be forced to go over them again and recreate them to the new standard. Prolly not a huge burden (most would prolly be 3D captures from the games) but still, another thing on the to do list for a game studio.

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 10 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes