Highlighted
Oct 24 2012
By: superlatives Wastelander 621 posts

Oh goody: Sony returns us to FORCED Spawning - this time in Adventure District

47 replies 495 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

Folks:

Was distressed to learn upon entering Home that SCEA is back to their ways of forcing us to Spawn in Adventure District. Complete with all the ADDITIONAL network traffic of all the new graphics and animations in Adventure District, along with other users spawning there as well. NOT TO MENTION being forced to download the Adventure District space, a place I've had NO desire to visit inover 3 months.

At this point it's now safe to assume that -- unlike previous Sony claims of bypassing a bug in "spawning to Navigator" -- this new spawning to Adventure District is intentional; maybe even marketing driven. The FIRST time logging into Home? I COULD accept that. But after SIX logons, they all put me in Adventure District.

For those of you who, like me, DON'T want to be force spawned, I just checked and my solution to spawn in Harbor Apartment from last February STILL works! Here's a link: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/SOLUTION-How-to-spawn-in-Home-somewh...

It MAY NOT be as good as spawning to Nav .. but you save at least five minutes in logon time.

Hope this helps some of you!

Message 1 of 48 (495 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Re: Oh goody: Sony returns us to FORCED Spawning - this time in Adventure District

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

Don't fret. This will finally go away 6 months after the Halloween event is long over. Smiley Happy

It really makes you wonder now that force spawn has returned, if the froce spawn to the Hub REALLY was some sort of bug, like we were being told. I smell BS.

Anyone know if other regions are being force spawned to Adventure District, or is NA the only fortunate ones?

Message 2 of 48 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2587 posts

Re: Oh goody: Sony returns us to FORCED Spawning - this time in Adventure District

Oct 24, 2012
I hope they discontinue this re-spawn as soon the Halloween Event is over... -_-
Message 3 of 48 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

Don't fret. This will finally go away 6 months after the Halloween event is long over. Smiley Happy

It really makes you wonder now that force spawn has returned, if the froce spawn to the Hub REALLY was some sort of bug, like we were being told.

Anyone know if other regions are being force spawned to Adventure District, or is NA the only fortunate ones?

Japan, EU, and Asia load into the Navigator. :/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 48 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Oct 24, 2012

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

Typical...

Message 5 of 48 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Marketing doesn't quite get the fact that many in the community abhor this practice. I understand they want to promote the event but still they don't do it in other regions. They really don't need to do it here.

Hopefully this won't last more than a week.

Message 6 of 48 (415 Views)
I Only Post Everything
588 posts

Oct 24, 2012

tonydamiani wrote:
I hope they discontinue this re-spawn as soon the Halloween Event is over

yea it takes way too long to load home only to go to a map u dont wanna visit atm

Message 7 of 48 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

Typical...

My mistake. Asia loads into Home Square.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 48 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Oct 24, 2012

This totally sucks! Obviously they weren't listening too well when we all said we hated forced spawning. They should let us make our own decisions on Home, instead of using these stupid marketing gimmicks. Would have gone to that place on my own anyways to check it out. But Sony stop being so greedy! Let us spend time on Home the way we want, and not force us to do what you want us to do.

bobs fed signature
Message 9 of 48 (354 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I strongly suspect that they don't care about the rage threads in the forum.  I'll bet that they see improved sales from forces spawning

Message 10 of 48 (353 Views)
0 Likes