Feb 02 2013
By: pheonixgate1 I Only Post Everything 556 posts

Ogre and Umbrella masks: Surprise Buff?

3 replies 270 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

After watching the Ogre-Slaying event video a few times, I noticed that the new blades have two stats: Attack Strength and Demon Attack Strength. I assume the 'Demon Attack' is an affinity bonus, making it uber effective against Demons (or in this case, Ogres) specifically. So awesome.

Well, today I was curious about the Cyclops mask available through the Old Woman. I mean, it's 660 ryo. Pretty expensive for a simple costume item. Well, I noticed when I clicked the L3 button over it in my wardrobe (that means pressing the Left Joystick like a button, for those of you who don't know) that it has a single star for Defense, but has 3+ stars for something called Mononoke Level.

Now, I was intrigued. Mononoke Level? Is this just another silly stat like Sexiness or Luck? Or does it actually DO something?

So I did a quick play-through of the level as a Ninja with the mask on (just with the ninja sword and shoes--and the new sexy yukata), and I noticed that I got A LOT more red strikes (I assume this is a Critical Strike) than I did in the previous two play-throughs I had done not minutes ago. So, is the Mononoke Level a buff that gives you a better chance of getting critical strikes? Because if so, that is very cool.

Anyone want to help me test this out?

Club: Nachtmere
Message 1 of 4 (270 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Re: Ogre and Umbrella masks: Surprise Buff?

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013
That's a very intrigueing obversation pheonix gate, though you may have just had a lot of luck that certain match.

I"ll perhaps get the mask and try it out with my Ninja sword sometime and test many different instances of it's possable abilities.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 4 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Feb 2, 2013
From what I've seen, the mononoke masks just have a slight defence increase, so they don't affiliate with anything else.

How unfortunate, they're still sort of interesting though.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 4 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Feb 2, 2013
ive never noticed red strikes, ill check it out today and see if it takes less bits wearing the mask on the ogre or cyclops.

Message 4 of 4 (140 Views)
0 Likes