Fender Bender
2760 posts

Re: OUTRAGE: Religion Has Creeped Into PS HOME! Remove this item!

Sep 4, 2013
LOL, These are not religious items. These are masquerade ball costumes. LOL. Why am I responding to this thread? I must be insane. Duct tape ready before I comment furthur.
Posted Image

Message 71 of 116 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

The outfits are in itself a kind of spoof since these nun/priest outfits unlock the zombie pets for the LProject.  So having the outfit allows you to create zombies (talk about contradiction LOL) and is in no shape or form intended to be religious just humorous. 

Message 72 of 116 (225 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Saw this thread and was very confused as the OP obviously made this to troll for drama.

Biggest logic behind this being a troll thread:

1) Saying they are against religion in Home

2) Stating they are an Atheist

3) Their PSN avatar Icon...

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but the OP states: "

This is an outrage and I cannot believe Playstation Home has caved in to the religious zealots who want to push religion in every aspect. It is unspeakable and I was under the presumption that Home specifically banned religion from Home. "

But their PSN Icon:

Lolsfun.jpg

So to state aetheist beliefs, being a feminist and being against religious zealots yet to have a PSN avatar of a cute female in a nuns habit.  These are signs of a big tell the person says one thing to get a reaction but believes the opposite away from the public eye.

Now keep in mind  George Holyoake defined secularism as :

Smiley Frustratedecularism is a code of duty pertaining to this life, founded on considerations purely human, and intended mainly for those who find theology indefinite or inadequate, unreliable or unbelievable. Its essential principles are three: (1) The improvement of this life by material means. (2) That science is the available Providence of man. (3) That it is good to do good. Whether there be other good or not, the good of the present life is good, and it is good to seek that good."

So under secular beliefs Home and the content offered within follow those beliefs perfectly.

1) To improve our life in Home we buy material objects in the form of digital items.

2) Technology(Home) is the providence of man as technology and science share a close knit relationship.

3) Developers for Home seek to create items good for its economy by following the good its supports desire.

All said the effort was humourous...

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 73 of 116 (208 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

" religion" of sorts has always been in home. Most people do not see the influences of Islam and Asian religions, wiccan, and druid rites, greek , roman, and norse mythology, let alone" the Force"(Smiley Happy ) that has already and always been in home. While op may be upset at the neo-roman catholic  items, I feel sure that the catholic will soon complain because they are on home( as they once complained about the wonderful game Xenogears). I consider myself Christian, but am willing to see truth in all forms. I have never understood why Athiests say that they do not believe in a God, and say that because there are no gods, they are superior, yet they scream like babies when they think someone is showing " faith" or even depicts something about" religion":. I am shocked this thread is not about the Bon festival, which is a welcome dance for dead ancestors, much like our traditional Halloween. If athiests do not believe God exists, should it even matter if someone worships him or not? My personal feel about religion is, as long as one is not asked in this age to hurt themselves or someone else, unless in defense, one can worship how and what they want. If my God wants them, he will find a way to bring them to him. Posts made by Athiests everywhere promote more" religious" talk than it stops.

( lol, I might have to buy a nun's habit for the nights I drink ^_^, just for the Lulz)

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 74 of 116 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3231 posts

Sep 4, 2013

While I support the OP's right to have an opinion and state it, I can't agree with her post at all. I was almost offended by these outfits because they seem religious and they are being used on a game. (I didn't know that PSN icon was a nun, so I'll be changing mine.)

What amazes me is that except for the OP, you all seem to agree. Is this a first for the forum?

The above comment is my opinion, except when I quote someone I disagree with, and unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 75 of 116 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Sep 4, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

While I support the OP's right to have an opinion and state it, I can't agree with her post at all. I was almost offended by these outfits because they seem religious and they are being used on a game. (I didn't know that PSN icon was a nun, so I'll be changing mine.)

What amazes me is that except for the OP, you all seem to agree. Is this a first for the forum?

If you like your Icon, keep it. I wear demon armor sometimes, it doesn't make me a demon Smiley Wink

Message 76 of 116 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 4, 2013

These aren't Catholic items, first of all. Habits are worn by female clergy in many religions, and the Japanese origin of these items points more toward a theme of religion, particularly the "Holy" alignment found in many RPGs, than the endorsement of any particular faith.

Second, the OP is clearly a troll. Nice lampoon of the intolerance shown by certain extreme progressives, though.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 77 of 116 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Is it just me or does it seem weird that a person named AngelicOne is an atheist complaining about religious things?

Message 78 of 116 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Sep 4, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Never said the icon was a nun just saying shes wearing a nuns habit!

My post is to point out they state they are totally against such items yet by personal choice they do the polar opposite Smiley Very Happy

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 79 of 116 (171 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Sep 4, 2013

These nun outfits MUST be brought to America now and I want to see a ruler as a hand item( lol, you have to be a certain age to know what I mean).

Message 80 of 116 (158 Views)