Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Re: OUTRAGE: Religion Has Creeped Into PS HOME! Remove this item!

Sep 4, 2013
So, we have gothic clothing, punk rock clothing, half naked clothing, all kinds of costumes to fit the needs of everyone but they can't have nun outfits?! I find this post very demeaning and selfish. Everybody should be able to have clothing that fits their style. I consider myself an athiest and the thought of getting offended over these outfits never crossed my mind. Don't go on home anymore if something as silly as this or a Christmas tree (how absurd to have a Christmas tree at Christmas time) offends you.
nelsig
Message 51 of 116 (459 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Would it be intolerant of me to say I love Santa and wouldn't hesitate to use my shiny gold Swingers bat on anyone who tries to have him removed?

Oh...I see. Never mind then! Smiley Tongue

Message 52 of 116 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
164 posts

Sep 4, 2013

as a Christian myself i don't go around pushing my religious beliefs on others. I think that it's not right or fair for someone to try and influence they're beliefs on others everyone has a right to choose they're reglion and beliefs. I don't complain about the devil outfits on home and even have horns just for fun, doesn't mean it changes my beliefs or how i live. this is just a game, everyone has a right to play it the way they want w/out other's trying to influence what they're buying. You say there's religious people on home going round pushing they're beliefs, well it's not just christians doing it, but other beliefs as well. Your going to find people that are going to push theyre beliefs everywhere you go either on home, or in RL. Doesn't mean you have to change your ways and not right to force other's to change they'res. As for the nun outfits, I don't see anything wrong with it. After all we have sucubus outfits, devil outfits, etc and I'm not complaining. It's just a game, if you don't like it don't buy it.

Message 53 of 116 (419 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Sep 4, 2013

That reminds me, I forgot to suggest the pope mobile for this months suggestion thread.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 54 of 116 (399 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 4, 2013
This set of outfits unlocks the choice to make the zombie pets, the highest ranking pet is a female zombie maid (Fran chan). Not sure if she is aware of this or not. lol
^,..,^
Message 55 of 116 (364 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Sep 4, 2013

I too, am a Christian and I am friends with people of all walks of life (including my gay best friend, my Hindu coworker, my Muslim coworker, my Mormon schoolmate, two Wiccan schoolmates--even a Satanist, wrap your head around THAT one) and I don't push my beliefs or my views on anyone. And I expect to have that courtesy extended to me. It is admirable that you are passionate about your beliefs (or lack thereof), but just because you seem to view Religion as some kind of anathema doesn't make it go away. For anyone, let alone yourself.

I respect your views. And I honor your right to express them. The reason people are arguing your point is not because you find the Nun/Priest suits offensive (because that is your right), but that you expect (or demand, rather) that others do the same. (And then turn around and accuse people of being small minded when they don't agree).

Your rant was heard. We just think it's well, silly. The fact that you're a feminist or an Atheist really doesn't factor in. It's the content.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 56 of 116 (338 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Sep 4, 2013
I agree.. How can we contort to your beliefs and standards if you can't respect or put up with ours??? If religion offends you, just ignore it and be quiet Smiley Happy
Message 57 of 116 (310 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 4, 2013

To be quite frank, I bought a priest outfit for my male avatar and have yet to get any negative attention.

I think the outfit is nice, and I'm far from religious by any means.

I don't really see anything negative with the outfits, and nor do I see any religious artifacts on them. You don't see any crosses do you?

So I take the outfits as something fun, and different. 

What I do find upsetting is how you're wanting to get an item removed, based on your own selfish behavior.

This item may be something people enjoy, and taking it away from them isn't right.

Message 58 of 116 (296 Views)
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

Topic creator might want to consider that nuns were some of the first women in post-Roman Western society with feminist lifestyles and viewpoints, given that they often lived entirely apart from men and were not pressured to marry men like their secular counterparts in society.

But somehow, I doubt topic creator is actually being serious given their name is AngelicOne and their avatar is wearing a nun habit of all things. You'd be pretty much saying your own PSN name/avatar offends you, then.

P.S. As a faithful Roman Catholic I will happily wear the priest or nun outfit with pride whenever I feel like it.

Message 59 of 116 (290 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Will you ask to remove the Buddha image too? No way....

My father is a Christian and my mother is a Buddhist. I respect both religions...

Message 60 of 116 (408 Views)