Fender Bender
3408 posts

Re: OUTRAGE: Religion Has Creeped Into PS HOME! Remove this item!

Sep 4, 2013

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

As a staunch, feminist aetheist, I was floored when I saw these outfits::

Religion??? In Playstation Home? 

This is an outrage and I cannot believe Playstation Home has caved in to the religious zealots who want to push religion in every aspect. It is unspeakable and I was under the presumption that Home specifically banned religion from Home. 

Home has taken a side already and is promoting content pushing its values and beliefs on people like ME who do not believe in a diety and never want to. But...I am exposed to this. 

I had my mouth shut when Home brought Christmas trees in Home. Then when Home brought that wedding chapel. But now that users can roleplay and dress as priests/nuns and go about preaching and creating little missionaries thumbing their noses on "non-believers" and calling people out on their sins. I have given up ALL hope that Home would refrain from going down a dark hole (see: Dark Ages).

Again, as a feminist aethist I am all for promoting PROGRESS, not REGRESSION. It is ONLY thanks to secularism I am even able to speak out and voice my opinion

This wasnt even USA content. It was brought over by another country. A country that hasnt evolved intellectually to embrace secularism. Is this even legal???

I would like to hear from the developers of this. And possibly this content be removed temporarily until this matter is fully looked into by a neutral 3rd party. People who bought this (I cannot even fathom the fools that would) , can be compensated.

Thank you for reading this. 

P.S. Before you knock my name for having "angelic" in it, "angelic" has more than one religious meaning, meaning "beautiful."  No I dont believe in angels. =P

I don't understand why clothes would make you this upset but that's just me. I like the outfits, but I wouldn't buy them, since I wouldn't use them. But then again, it is just two outfits.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 101 of 116 (180 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Guys I dont know what happened but one of my posts in this thread was removed as well as the link I provided and comments replying to it.

The OP (original poster) who started this thread DOESNT EVEN HAVE A HOME AVATAR I looked their ID up through the Japanese official site to see what kind of avatar they had and they had none. Which means theyve never even signed into Home on that account or they would at least have a default avatar.

You are all fighting ghosts here. The OP is trolling you all and hasnt even been in Home with that name. You can stop replying now, they did days ago Smiley Tongue
Support Forums
Message 102 of 116 (178 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Sep 4, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Guys I dont know what happened but one of my posts in this thread was removed as well as the link I provided and comments replying to it.

The OP (original poster) who started this thread DOESNT EVEN HAVE A HOME AVATAR I looked their ID up through the Japanese official site to see what kind of avatar they had and they had none. Which means theyve never even signed into Home on that account or they would at least have a default avatar.

You are all fighting ghosts here. The OP is trolling you all and hasnt even been in Home with that name. You can stop replying now, they did days ago Smiley Tongue

LOL...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 103 of 116 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Sep 5, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:

I feel so stupid now >_<. I was fooled easily D:

Message 104 of 116 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Sep 5, 2013

avatar or not I think there is a very valid point here.

Should Home, and/or any subsequent public MMO should be kept religion free or do we want a preacher at every other corner telling us what to think?

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 105 of 116 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

avatar or not I think there is a very valid point here.

Should Home, and/or any subsequent public MMO should be kept religion free or do we want a preacher at every other corner telling us what to think?

I did encounter a preacher before. I was bombarded with religious questions. I mean I believe in God but I keep my religion mostly private, I don't like to talk about it.

Message 106 of 116 (161 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28367 posts

Sep 5, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:

Possible blacklisting may have been the reason for it's removal? Thus you may have "done it again".

Just a guess.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 107 of 116 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Wow, really..

I knew this was a troll from the thread's title alone...

This was a fun read though, I enjoy seeing the beliefs (artificial or not) of the individual clash against the beliefs of the majority.

Message 108 of 116 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Sep 5, 2013

So if your not with the majority you're artificial?

Thats why I don't want that kind of things on here.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 109 of 116 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

So if your not with the majority you're artificial?

Thats why I don't want that kind of things on here.

No, that's not what I meant.

The OP's beliefs were artifiicial because he just wanted to incite the forumers. But he did present his thoughts in a way where they almost seemed like valid, reasonable points (at least at first, lol)

Message 110 of 116 (140 Views)