Gaming Beast
2256 posts

Re: OPEN BETA in OCTOBER!

Jul 20, 2007
october will be when everyone can use it as stated on the blog

@blizzard182: Since Home is an online product that is going to constantly evolve, we aren’t calling the unveiling in October a “launch” per se, like you would a boxed retail product. However, it will be fully open to the public at that time.

open beta is a different thing all together.

Message 11 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jul 20, 2007
What people have reffered to in the past as "open beta" is actually, by definition a closed beta, due to the fact that is is rumored only to let in a certain number of people. Because Home is an evolving system, its first  public release (as in everyone can get in) would actually be considered an "open beta" (true to definition) because Home is still being worked on and tested, as a beta would be, despite being released to the public. So, while we may now know when the "open beta" is, we still have not learned anything new. Rather, they have just confirmed that any other large scale invitations (if any exist) would still be limited, as in a limited time for sign up (closed beta).

So, to sum all that up, they consider what we used to call the "final release" the "open beta" (since it is still being worked on) and any other betas that come between now and then would be just large scale closed betas.

I can't wait for the next HLSCB!!! (Home Large Scale Closed Beta)
Message 12 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 20, 2007
Ya it makes very much sence about release and open beta at the same time.

Why have have a open, no limited beta for a free product for 3 months? That newer made sence to me.
It's always been closed beta, just as it says on homebetatrial.com, there might still come sign-ups for closed beta soon at that page, but dunno...

Message Edited by HyldigUSA on 07-20-2007 03:03 PM
Message 13 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Jul 21, 2007

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is wrong with your eyes??? after 384 u just stopped reading???

Feel Free 2 Add Me.
Message 14 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Jul 21, 2007
it comes out August not october because thats the Final Version
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Free userbars
Free userbars
Add Me on Playstation Network:

PSN ID: Bxthug718
Message 15 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1103 posts

Jul 21, 2007
hrm, if you ask me, I don't think there will be a open (as in sign up to try to get in,  non invite only beta) beta. I tink we will just get the realease come October. It would be great if they proved me wrong but....I just got a hunch.

Does this make me mad if this happens? Not really. I very much prefer them to skip that and get it out in fall then push it back.

Message 16 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4526 posts

Jul 21, 2007
He said open public beta. Public as in everyone gets in. There will still be an open beta. Open as in people can sign up, but not everyone will get in. I'm guessing Sony will give everyone Home in the Fall, but officially get out all the bugs at a later date.
Message 17 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jul 21, 2007
Message 18 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Jul 21, 2007
Beta Start 6/22/07 - Beta End 10/2/07 october 2nd so it will be before that
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1394 posts

Jul 21, 2007

DeathCrawlerx wrote:

DogEatDog wrote:

JAVST3R8 wrote:
Doubt it. The Global Release is in October. The open beta is sometimes in July or August. Just because he said it doesn't mean he's right. Yea he's admin but if they had a definite roll out date they would say it. And like the guy on top of me said "Look at comment 391. He said since Home is constantly evolving it's release in October is not going to be considered the final one.  He said it'll be fully open to the public in October. Open beta is something different."

Message Edited by JAVST3R8 on 07-20-2007 04:56 PM

hopefully july is open beta!

he said October . lol ..    open beta= release to the public/ OPEN.  even Phil Harrison said that in will be released FALL / open beta in FALL. they dont consider it the same but they ARE.

Message Edited by DeathCrawlerx on 07-20-2007 02:34 PM

Wrong, the open BETA is open to any of the first 50,000 to get it. Meaning not open to EVERYONE. The closed BETA as a random selection of people.
Message 20 of 32 (7 Views)
0 Likes