Jun 06 2013
By: superlatives Wastelander 621 posts

OMG not again: we're being force-spawned to E3 AND the Hub

46 replies 616 views Edited Jun 6, 2013

Folks:

Got a surprise when I logged into Home: a "Thanks for preregistering at E3" telling all the cool freebies I'm now entitled to on the 11th. Then got force-spawned to Hub.

Oh well -- time to get friends to send invites to their personal spaces ... because I don't want to spawn in Hub! Not to mention the fact that I really DON'T want the E3 freebies. With every involuntary freebie that I receive, the chance rises that something I have in inventory gets forced into storage. Not to mention the greater risk of even inventory favorites getting pushed to storage with the new cloud stuff in Home.

Lots of people enjoy getting all the freebies they can - and more power to them! And lots of people LIKE spawning in Hub - and more power to them too!

But if you want to avoid either or both, have friends send you PSN invites from their personal spaces. If they're not there, you'll spawn in Harbor Apartment. Less noisy than the Hub. And no people whose clothing items are downloading to your console.

Don't forget that these friend invites last a long time - so you can use them whenever Sony decides again to force you to a space you have no interest in seeing. SO save them and use them to log into Home!

Hope this helps a few!

Message 1 of 47 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: OMG not again: we're being force-spawned to E3 AND the Hub

Jun 6, 2013

It's actually a good tip to those wanting to avoid the Hub spawning, but I don't think there are any E3 rewards currently available in the Hub, to worry about clogging your inventory with. You have to go to the designated E3 spaces to get any of those, correct me if I am wrong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 47 (592 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I logged in with both my accounts earlier today and I wasn't forced spawned. Hope that hasn't changed. 

Message 3 of 47 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Jun 7, 2013

same here hopefully they will fix soon till they get the coffee spill wiped up your right looks like its time for the old habor studio invite stand by solution Smiley Happy

images.jpg

Message 4 of 47 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

8 more days till FFXIV beta...can't come soon enough..

I actually foolishly went ahead and bought some dances and night clubhouse last night because I am so insanely bored, and come back tonight to THIS...good thing invites work....

I literally can NOT log in without an invite, or it takes me over 10 minutes, on my main account...literally...I counted. Even after clearing cache and deleting and re-installing.

.......8 more freaking days......-_-

Message 5 of 47 (556 Views)
Wastelander
621 posts

Jun 7, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

It's actually a good tip to those wanting to avoid the Hub spawning, but I don't think there are any E3 rewards currently available in the Hub, to worry about clogging your inventory with. You have to go to the designated E3 spaces to get any of those, correct me if I am wrong.

Julian:

Actually ... all that free stuff will come flooding on the 11th! :-)

Message 6 of 47 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
621 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I logged in with both my accounts earlier today and I wasn't forced spawned. Hope that hasn't changed. 

Joanna:

Same here -- it's only "late afternoon" logins where it's happening. Which is why I'm trying to warn people now :-)

Message 7 of 47 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jun 7, 2013

The first time the E3 pre-register in navigator appeared, I spawned in the Hub, then after I did the E3 thing, it put me back in the Hub. Since then everything has been back to normal.

Message 8 of 47 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Jun 7, 2013
You only get force spawned if you pre register for the first time. Any time you log into Home after you're already pre registered, you should load into the nav.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 47 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

superlatives wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Joanna:

Same here -- it's only "late afternoon" logins where it's happening. Which is why I'm trying to warn people now :-)

Yes I was spawned to the Hub. Oh boooooo! LoL

I had already pre-registered yesterday so that's not a factor for me at least. 

Message 10 of 47 (504 Views)
0 Likes