Nov 01 2012
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 2875 posts

November Suggestions

247 replies 1317 views Edited Nov 1, 2012

Hey Home Community,

Fall is here, the weather is getting cooler yet and the days shorter and shorter. What will November bring? 

On with the show...

Helpful hints to post the best suggestions:

1) Your top Virtual Item requests from games or general items. A Virtual Item is pretty much anything in Home you can own (clothing, figurines, furniture, etc.) but cannot live in (like Personal Spaces).

2) Visual aids AKA screenshots! If you can find a screenshot of what you  want, please include these! That old saying, "A picture is worth 1000  words," could not be truer. You all do a great job. Keep throwing   suggestions and pics our way!

Thanks in advance for collecting images, reference art, etc. to best illustrate just what you're talking about.

P.S.: If you are new to these forums (or just new to this process), check last month's thread to see how your fellow community members submit their requests.

P.P.S.: Continuing the effort to keep this thread tidy, please refrain from making commentary about other suggestions in this thread. Simply copy/paste and begin another thread to start a conversation about a particular item, suggestion, concept or idea.

Message 1 of 248 (1,317 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: November Suggestions

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

Can we please get more real game related content. Resident Evil is high on my list and I'm not alone. We'd love the costumes and would certainly love to see real game related lounges as well.

It would be nice if Home Management could do more to try and get the big game developers to pay more attention to Home and be sure we get game related content. We used to have more at one time it appears. Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, The Last of Us and many many more would be very well received by the community if we got content from them.

Ada with Crossbow!

ada

And other characters as well.

characters

I hope we'll see content from the new Tomb Raider game coming in March of 2013.

lara

lara

Message 2 of 248 (1,311 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Nov 2, 2012

3rd Party game related content is completely up to the external game company to make and submit. It's not something we control. We only have influence on 1st Party stuff (stuff made by Sony-owned World Wide Studios), but even then we can only ask nicely. 

If you want to be heard and try to get more 3rd party stuff (anything made by a company that isn't Sony-owned), like Capcom for their Resident Evil stuff, I would recommend petitioning them to make some! I'm a big fan of game-related or inspired stuff, and I know you guys are too. 

Perhaps get a lot of friends together who feel the same way and contact them with this wish? You could even spoon-feed them your precise suggestions for the content you'd love to see them provide. You never know, it could work! 

I recommend asking for a full public space, complete with interactive elements (games or other interactive activities) that promote the represented IP, a few rewards for free and some premium items for sale. You know—a well-rounded package. The building of spaces, games and interactive elements, are the most costly in terms of development time, so there has to be a justifiable reason. So old content based on old IP is less likely to be made, whereas content of upcoming titles is more likely to be a smart business decision. It's a business after all to them. 

You could even offer to put together an advisement panel for the content to be made, possibly with alpha and beta preview access to make sure the panel feels it's "just right" or needs to be reworked a little for optimal satisfaction. Just an idea...

Message 3 of 248 (1,295 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

Neon martini glass cocktail wall item and robbie the rabbit companion.

OH YEA..... ITEMS LIMIT INCREASE LIKE NOW!!!

- Restless Dreams.
Message 4 of 248 (1,281 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

GlassWalls wrote:

3rd Party game related content is completely up to the external game company to make and submit. It's not something we control. We only have influence on 1st Party stuff (stuff made by Sony-owned World Wide Studios), but even then we can only ask nicely. 

If you want to be heard and try to get more 3rd party stuff (anything made by a company that isn't Sony-owned), like Capcom for their Resident Evil stuff, I would recommend petitioning them to make some! I'm a big fan of game-related or inspired stuff, and I know you guys are too. 

Perhaps get a lot of friends together who feel the same way and contact them with this wish? You could even spoon-feed them your precise suggestions for the content you'd love to see them provide. You never know, it could work! 

I recommend asking for a full public space, complete with interactive elements (games or other interactive activities) that promote the represented IP, a few rewards for free and some premium items for sale. You know—a well-rounded package. The building of spaces, games and interactive elements, are the most costly in terms of development time, so there has to be a justifiable reason. So old content based on old IP is less likely to be made, whereas content of upcoming titles is more likely to be a smart business decision. It's a business after all to them. 

You could even offer to put together an advisement panel for the content to be made, possibly with alpha and beta preview access to make sure the panel feels it's "just right" or needs to be reworked a little for optimal satisfaction. Just an idea...

Thank you for the response. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 248 (1,270 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Nov 2, 2012
We have pistols. We have revolvers. We have machine guns - several varieties, in fact.

Can we please have some shotguns?
Message 6 of 248 (1,243 Views)
VP of Gaming
28883 posts

Nov 2, 2012

We have gotten quite a few trophies in Home these past few years. Unfortunately the shelves we have cannot accommodate all of them due to their sizes and the sizes of the trophies themselves.

I recommend having a complimentary Home Trophy Room given to every Home user, in addition to the Harbor Studio Apartment. This room would have shelves up and down the walls to hold 100 trophies no matter what their sizes are. Many of us will have the same trophies, but some will have rare ones that can no longer be attained due to spaces having been removed or events that are no longer active.

I think some of us would like to show off those rare trophies along with the rest. It would be nice if we had that Home Trophy Room with shelves designed for all of them. Have baked in furniture for sitting around in while we chat about how we earned the trophies.

I hope having a Home Trophy Room for trophies won in Home makes some kind of sense.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 248 (1,239 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

We have gotten quite a few trophies in Home these past few years. Unfortunately the shelves we have cannot accommodate all of them due to their sizes and the sizes of the trophies themselves.

I recommend having a complimentary Home Trophy Room given to every Home user, in addition to the Harbor Studio Apartment. This room would have shelves up and down the walls to hold 100 trophies no matter what their sizes are. Many of us will have the same trophies, but some will have rare ones that can no longer be attained due to spaces having been removed or events that are no longer active.

I think some of us would like to show off those rare trophies along with the rest. It would be nice if we had that Home Trophy Room with shelves designed for all of them. Have baked in furniture for sitting around in while we chat about how we earned the trophies.

I hope having a Home Trophy Room for trophies won in Home makes some kind of sense.

I use the Red Bull House of Skate space as a trophy room of sorts, strictly for discontinued or unavailable items.

It's full. :x

Message 8 of 248 (1,236 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Can we please get some anbu masks?  

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 9 of 248 (1,224 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Why do they have this thread, they don't listen!!

Example:  Halloween Event blew big time!  And, you guys had The Midway Cash Carnival smack dab in the middle of it! No one has ever won a prize from it and its fake. It had nothing to do with Halloween at all.  

I've never seen one idea aopted since I've been on HOME.  People have requested certain R1 and L1 features for a while now and won't produce. But, no one from here suggested anything about the Pocket Camera.   

Please stop coming out with shooting games. I only support Call Of Duty franchise and will not support any shooting games on HOME.  

The Halloween Event, could'vde been better, people weren't playing the Devil Dance Game and won't both with the pumkin companion.  It will just go in storage.   

Please pay attention to us, nothing has ever been adopted from this thread.

Message 10 of 248 (1,208 Views)