Dec 03 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4495 posts

No More Weekly Blog Updates - Only promotion for Home is now only seen by those already using Home

[ Edited ]
70 replies 998 views Edited Dec 3, 2013

It's very odd that Sony created last week's installment of the Virtual Item Showcase (vol 115), but did not bother to post it on their YouTube channel where all the previous VIS volumes have been posted, nor shared it with any other site.

In fact, the only way to see this and the weekly blog info is within the Home app using the new News feature.

At first I assumed (as Sony, not surprisingly, has yet to say anything about this) that maybe because Nov 27 was so close to the Holiday, they simply were going to wait until Monday to post the weekly Home update on the blog and post the VIS video on YouTube, but here it is Tuesday afternoon, and about to be the next week.

So does this mean Sony is no longer going to be using the Blog and YouTube channel to promote Home?

If not, then why didn't they post it the same time they added it to Home in the "News" features, or for that matter why have they yet to post it since?

Home needs more promotion outside of Home, not less.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 71 (998 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: Weekly Blog Update and Virtual Item Showcase 115 only available in Home Now?

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

You're kinda right with that.

Since GlassWalls left Teh Blog has been lacking lot. Tempest_Fire kinda make a little mess with Blogs while The European Blogs is more orginized - currently nobody doesn't go to the PlayStation.Blog for Home information. might be because of Europe Blog and Upcoming Home Item threads and mostly everyone already know about it and just go ahead and find whats new in PS Home.

heck in the past 2 weeks we haven't seen a real-weekly blog update. (the last time they posted was just only The News Viewer and thats it)

I think Tempest should find someone who can takeover Weekly Blog Posts and The News Viewer (in order to copy what Europe been doing with their News Viewer) while He/Tempest_Fire can continue with his other stuffs (and yes even his Upcoming Home Item thread thingin')

as for Both Blog Updates only in News Viewer; you mean "The Messager of the Day" Smiley Tongue

also VIS not being on Youtube? Im sure Youtube Comments would trash Home because of it.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 2 of 71 (984 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

Re: Weekly Blog Update and Virtual Item Showcase 115 only available in Home Now?

Dec 3, 2013

I guess they got tired of all the dislikes those videos got, as well as all of the "WTF is this, stop advertising this, put money into something else" kinds of comments those videos generally received.

Message 3 of 71 (974 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Dec 3, 2013

al2009man wrote:

also VIS not being on Youtube? Im sure Youtube Comments would trash Home because of it.

Yep, most of those that post on the VIS YouTube channel are not Home users anyway. Just Trolls. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 71 (965 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Dec 3, 2013
While the concept of a virtual item showcase can be a very valuable marketing tool, I kinda think the Magnus persona, the tacky gold and diamond stuff and the MTV Cribs-style presentation represent a lot of what is wrong with Home. It would be great if the powers that be decided to improve Home's marketing instead of just shoving it in the basement where the other kids can't see and make fun of it. Maybe they could do something less worthy of mocking?

Message 5 of 71 (955 Views)
Highlighted
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Dec 3, 2013

The NA blog has shifted to the News Viewer, yes. The YouTube listing of VIS 115 was due to the holidays, and 116 should be up at 6AM Pacific tomorrow. It, too, is scheduled to be in the News Viewer tomorrow.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 6 of 71 (950 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013
Woohoo.!!!
!!!' Woooooo!,,,,
I love him he's soooo kool!!!
Magnus rules
- Restless Dreams.
Message 7 of 71 (948 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

No More Weekly Blog Updates - Only promotion for Home is now only seen by those already using Home

Dec 3, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

The NA blog has shifted to the News Viewer, yes. The YouTube listing of VIS 115 was due to the holidays, and 116 should be up at 6AM Pacific tomorrow. It, too, is scheduled to be in the News Viewer tomorrow.

Wow... this is just more bad news for the future of Home, as pretty much the ONLY promotional support Home was getting from Sony was the weekly blog, and now the only people that will see it are using Home already?

Also if VIS 115 delay was just due to the holidays... How come someone was able to post it on the New Viewer then?  Or for that matter why hasn't it been posted on YouTube yet?

I can post a video on YouTube in about 15 seconds... probably faster than someone can post it on the News Viewer.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 71 (928 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: No More Weekly Blog Updates - Only promotion for Home is now only seen by those already using Ho

Dec 3, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Wow... this is just more bad news for the future of Home, as pretty much the ONLY promotional support Home was getting from Sony was the weekly blog, and now the only people that will see it are using Home already?

Also if VIS 115 delay was just due to the holidays... How come someone was able to post it on the New Viewer then?  Or for that matter why hasn't it been posted on YouTube yet?

I can post a video on YouTube in about 15 seconds... probably faster than someone can post it on the News Viewer.

News Viewer is just as easy as YT, and we get VIS in early.  The VIS115 wasn't a "delay" it was simply not uploaded.  Also, "What's New" is a significantly more impactful tool for bringing in more people to Home than the blog ever was.  

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 9 of 71 (898 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Re: No More Weekly Blog Updates - Only promotion for Home is now only seen by those already using Ho

Dec 4, 2013
I never watch them things anyways, i was schwag'ed out within the first month they started doing them. So not going to effect me much.

One really good point made in this thread tho tempest. You guys know good and well most the big supporters (buyers) of home content are above the age of 25. May turn out really nice to give magnoid the boot and hand that torch over to someone with a little class and a lot less of the stereotypical white boy selling gold chains bs.
Message 10 of 71 (862 Views)