Keyblade Wielder
7944 posts

Re: No Home Devs in E3 this year o.o

Jun 11, 2013
Should home be advertised in the e3 conferance yes.. If nothing else it will just be like bethesdas game that very few people cheer for, but its fans will know it has some hope left and all the needless things they have paid for will not disappear anytime soon. Should it have a section dedicated to it in the e3 booth, no.. This is the only time of year we ever get actual game related content. Why would we need an update for home in home when they are advertising something new every week, it would be outdate before e3 even ended.
Message 21 of 37 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

StardustChampion wrote: 

It should be obvious to everyone why there aren't any this year.

No it's not obvious. This is a console release year and games are the focus. I don't agree that Home developers needed to be there. We have tons of their content each and every week. 

Sweetie, E3 was started to show off the consoles. Games have always been the focus.

There were just as many PS3 and Vita games on display in Sony's virtual booth last year. The difference is that the upstairs sections along the walls were used to advertise upcoming Home games. Several of those did not launch until months after E3.

By this point, most third party developers are aware that Home will not be on the PS4. I've seen proof that a few of them are already working on social games for the PS4's indie marketplace. When I offered to send you a link to a developer only forum where you could see the pictures for yourself, you refused. I know you're adamant about waiting for an official word from Sony, but must you keep responding in these topics with blinders on?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 22 of 37 (249 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

StardustChampion wrote: 

It should be obvious to everyone why there aren't any this year.

No it's not obvious. This is a console release year and games are the focus. I don't agree that Home developers needed to be there. We have tons of their content each and every week. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So you dont agree that a venue that is also being held in Home, should not be used as a platform to give previews or rewards to the people who keep lining their pockets every week?  That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Its also funny that YOU feel Home Devs are not needed in E3, yet in another thread the first thing some of the forum members did was flock to the E3 store to see what was for sale and bought stuff LOL 

Devs could be taking advantage of this opportunity to show us what's coming and excite us, just like last year.  These "Game Developers" don't even want to create Home content BUT use Home as a venue to push their games and that's OK right?  It would be a different story IMO if the Game Devs that are advertising their games on Home actually took the time to develope content for Home, but we all know that's not the case, Im not gonna lie I'm **bleep** that Home Devs are not in E3 this year and that all we have from the Home Devs is more crap that they are selling in the store.  

If it was possible to share the E3 with Game Devs and Home Devs before, why not now?  It would be the best of two worlds in one since we the gaming community support both Games and Home as well. So you may not agree, but I disagree wholeheartedly.

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 23 of 37 (227 Views)
Sackboy
414 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I think no PS Home Devs at PS Home's E3 only means none of the PS Home Devs had anything worth saying. Not the end of PS Home though I may switch over to TESO when that comes out. If I were to have any dissatisfaction from this year's E3 it would be that there was no Konami area for MGS5 & I would've killed for a TESO reward.

Message 24 of 37 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

@Stardust 

Please check your messages 

#Live the game
Message 25 of 37 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I rarely look into games anymore, unless something related to home gets me to check it out. Home could be said to be Sony's best advertizing gimmic, as it gently prods us into buying home content, and we view ads of their games, and play games sponcered in home by real companies, and, lol, we don't change the channel. I have tried products I have never really used before, because of home, and checked out games I might never would have bought because of home. If they let it go, some other company might try to take it's place( avakin comes to mind, and lockwood missed a chance to promote that on home,lol). I am hoping more will do like  the developers of Spunland will be doing  soon in uk and have a meet and greet

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 26 of 37 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Sunny I'm interested in seeing what they sent as well if you dont mind

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

@Stardust 

I received a PM from a Dev explaining why there was no Home content.  Please check your messages I am forwarding it to you to read.  

Message 27 of 37 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

Jun 12, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Sunny I'm interested in seeing what they sent as well if you dont mind

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

You know I cant say no to you, but imma have to take that message down or everyone will be pming me LOL

#Live the game
Message 28 of 37 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jun 12, 2013

ok, now people know whats up, so whats the secret?

Message 29 of 37 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jun 12, 2013

tabbyrose wrote:

ok, now people know whats up, so whats the secret?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 30 of 37 (115 Views)
0 Likes