Wastelander
834 posts

Re: News regarding the Warhawk space

Jul 1, 2010

If the space doesn't get updated or serve an actual purpose it should be pulled down. These spaces for the most part serve as eyesores in Home and shouldn't remain if they somehow damage Home or the potential community. To add to that if the space isn't receiving a steady flow of visitors it should also be pulled.

Warhawk is a prime example. The space is/was just using up space on most PS3s and the Home servers. After the personal space was released the sand tables also vanished from the space and appeared in the personal space. At that point there became NOTHING in the Warhawk space but a waste of space. Since the inception of the Warhawk space also it has showed no potential to be upgraded/updated with anything outside of the sand tables and developers seemed to just place it there to say it was there.

Not to mention if rumors are true and a Starhawk game comes out a Warhawk space would become pretty pointless. Sure they could update it at that point but it'd be a Warhawk space, not a Starhawk space.

Message 41 of 76 (19 Views)
Sackboy
435 posts

Jul 1, 2010

I honestly would like spaces to be up indefinitely or at least make bigger announcments than a forum post regarding its closure? I mean, really?

Also, with the tournament happening this weekend, it seems like very bad timing on your part to remove this space. Very odd.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/30/warhawk-tournament-july-4th-weekend-75-off-fallen-star-dlc...

Friend of all consoles including the 360, especially the Xbox 360 actually. ;-)
Message 42 of 76 (19 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

Jul 1, 2010

Locust_Star wrote:

Seems like a good time to get your feedback regarding this space being taken offline. What are your thoughts? Do you want spaces to be time-limited or would you rather them stay up indefinitely?

I suppose that spaces relating to games can be limited. However, if a space is popular, it might be a good idea to keep it up until it loses it's popularity.

I think if a space were based on afranchise, it would make more sense to keep it active and updated as needed until the franchise comes to an end or it loses it's popularity - whatever comes second.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 43 of 76 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Jul 1, 2010

Ran to Mall to buy Warhawk Uniforms got my last pictures in...I'll miss this space alot even tho I don't visit often. I remember the 1st time I saw the the space I was like WOW this is awesome, but now that we have newer spaces it doesn't seem so wow anymore. RIP Warhawk Space...

Message 44 of 76 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

Jul 1, 2010

Yup, getting D5207 error now. I guess Home is down for its routine maintenance and updates.

RIP Warhawk space. You were done wrong.

At least, by taking y'alls advice and visiting more places today after the blog post, ESPECIALLY the comments I was able to find out about the Warhawk space being down as I would not checked the forum until Sturday or or Thursday at the earliest. Thanks community. Home team, you still need to work on that community for the greatest amount of people with limited amount of time(ie don't just post something some would consider this important "just" in the forums, or did I miss it as an official announcement in recent blog posts?).

Message 45 of 76 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

Jul 1, 2010

Dang. Just got a Network Error, D3505.

Edit: Forgot to state, that I spent the past 20 minutes or so gathering bunches of photos from all angles(since we lack a Home-based video client). Was kicked out at 1:51PM CST while I was working with another on the last remaining strategy board located in this space, and now I guess only available through the personal space.

The space may be down as home may be down. Trying to get back in.

Message 46 of 76 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Jul 1, 2010

my thoughts are that the space was pointless. Very few of the diehard fans of the game used it. You grabbed a few fringe users, but let's be honest here. Home attracts the average casual gamer far ,ore than the diehard strategy/fps fan(Honestly a market that is hugely underestimated....wii anyone?)

The warhawk space really won't be missed by many people at all. If any space starts becoming vacant over time, drop it and move on. Development houses don't want to make spaces for their IP if they have to compete for notice with spaces that no ne visits.

while I'm on the subject, the new navigator is terrible. Some features are great, but looking for public spaces is abysmal. Why would I want to make a space for super awesome platform racing game when people have no idea which category it will be under? it's worse than before.

Message 47 of 76 (19 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Jul 1, 2010

Personally, I would prefer that spaces remain indefinitely unless they are clearly part of a limited-time promotion. This is especially true for Sony Computer Entertainment properties. I do note that the Warhawk space was delayed and seemed to have issues (the tables were removed).

These lesser-used spaces are still good ways for those who like a franchise to meet each other. Plus, they are are nice for people who are not on each other's list to meet up, because there are few instances. It made organizing disparate groups a bit easier.

I liked the Warhawk space because it didn't have media streams and was fairly low traffic. Back before the Navigator was added, it was a convenient entry/exit point into Home, as it would load (relatively) quickly and I never had issues with freezing there. Perhaps it was removed for technical reasons, or for contractual ones. In either case, I'm sad to see it go.

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Message 48 of 76 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Jul 1, 2010

I think there's nothing wrong with the new navigator's setup, everything is well enough categorized and organized in folders

such as sports, adventure, action, puzzle, etc... and you can also search spaces by publisher / developer.  

What is wrong with the new system?  I find that the old system just looked too messy as all the chips were

just randomly scattered around making everything hard to find.       

Message 49 of 76 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Jul 1, 2010

PaperCarrier wrote:

I think there's nothing wrong with the new navigator's setup, everything is well enough categorized and organized in folders

such as sports, adventure, action, puzzle, etc... and you can also search spaces by publisher / developer.  

What is wrong with the new system?  I find that the old system just looked too messy as all the chips were

just randomly scattered around making everything hard to find.       

Oh the old system was no peach either.....but quick, off the top of your head where do the Irem spaces fall (Other than in the dev category)? Where does LBP fall? Which category is the disgaea space under?

If you have to make a second subgroup under the initial one then something is flawed. I don't know where to find disgaea and I don't know who makes the game.....what now? Do I just search every category until I find it?

Message 50 of 76 (19 Views)