Aug 04 2011
By: DJHaole Gaming Beast 1932 posts

New article on Gamasutra with Buser :)

9 replies 10 views Edited Aug 4, 2011

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35669/Sonys_Buser_We_Dont_Design_Home_Based_On_What_We_Think_Is_C...

PlayStation Home director Jack Buser recently explained to Gamasutra how Sony designs its PlayStation Home service based on player demands, noting that nearly all new content in the virtual space is "designed based on wants and desires."

Since its debut in 2008, Home has introduced many new virtual areas, such as the media-focused community theater, and exclusive games such as the futuristic racing title Sodium 2. And according to Buser, all of these additions arose thanks to fan feedback.

"We don't design Home based on what we think is cool," Buser said in an interview with Gamasutra. "We design features for PlayStation Home that the community asks for."

Not that community-driven features aren't "cool," but Buser explained that, rather than controlling Home's creative vision internally, Sony gathers data on its users to help determine exactly what audiences want out of the service.

"We have both quantitative and qualitative methods of going out and prioritizing feature and content that should be brought to the platform. When you see us bring features, when you see us bring content to the platform, it is more often than not due to the fact that the community demands it," he said.

Buser went on to outline how user demand has guided specific additions to the PlayStation Home virtual space.

"We’re bringing content to Home, we’re bringing full-on free games, we’re bringing racers and shooters, and we’re creating a place where gamers can go and they can unlock content in their favorite games and they can meet up with their friends, and all of that stuff is being designed based on their wants and desires," Buser explained. "If we hear the community say, 'Hey, we’ve got to have feature X,' we’re going to do it.

Message 9 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Re: New article on Gamasutra by Buser :)

Aug 4, 2011

All talk, no act. Where is our +Furniture limit? Shrink Potion? etc.

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 1 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Aug 4, 2011

Someone..change jacks tape to the other side.Ive listened to this song way to many times...

Action Jack...lol,,,I know he reads this so...Jack,I luv ya man..but...

Message 2 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Aug 4, 2011

yet we still dont have remove from my screen, which many have been begging and screaming for for nearly the entire time.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 3 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4692 posts

Aug 4, 2011

Trophy room.

Message 4 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Aug 4, 2011
"We don't design Home based on what we think is cool," Buser said in an interview with Gamasutra. "We design features for PlayStation Home that the community asks for."

yeah... i gotta call shenanigans on that for the most part.

Message 5 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Aug 4, 2011

SteamPunk Space please...

I don't care who makes it - Lochwood - nDreams - Or some start up company....

Wheres the SteamPunk space and store!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Aug 4, 2011

Jack, we gotta have some new dances man! Bring back some of the closed beta dances!

Message 7 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 4, 2011

footballrule wrote:

Jack, we gotta have some new dances man! Bring back some of the closed beta dances!

Camper kills you once, shame on them; kills you twice, shame on you! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I agree. It's been a pretty long time since we've gotten any or any additional animations. I'm certainly hoping that we aren't going to be headed in the direction of having to play for any new ones.

We also need a replacement venue for EA Poker which is similar in scope and fuction to the one that left. And it needs to be free as well.

Message 8 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Aug 4, 2011

Really Home exists because of us the user without us Jack's out of a job.

Flash back to 2008 when I first came here. Despite the slow development of Home. When Sony was the only partner/sponsor. Everything we were seeing was new and amazing at the time. Things we never dreamed of before right before our eye's. Watching Home go from just the harbour apartment and central plaza. To the mall then theater and the bowling alley. Which seem to take forever. Then our biggest move came with Uncharted the first other public space. Small but really nice. Back then even though we hit speed bumps from time to time. (open mic not good). We were seeing a growing Home and the future was good.

Flash back to now. For the last year we have grown so so much. We are seeing things we never dream of. You have to admit there is some real good stuff in Home now. Believe me back then we would never have dream to see what we have now. Plus we are still growing.

But the speed bumps are still here. Problems here have been ignored way to long. All Jack has to do is say fix it and it will be done. Instead we have to come here day after day saying what about this or that. For the last year we were totally being ignored. The only time they would fix anything is when a new item was bugged and they really wanted the money. Then as fast as lightning it's fixed. Why can't we have all of the obvious things fixed here in a timely matter like WT? Why does it take so long for anything to be fixed around here if ever sometimes?

The most amazing item I think to be released recently is the Midway's dancing girls. These items show what you can do with an active item. Unlike a whole bunch of the lemons we have gotten in the last year. A chair that lights up when you sit on it wow Space ship that can't fly what was that about? Then the price for these dancing girl items in my opinion was reasonable. All my friends agreed we expected a much higher price. Then these mech/jets come out for $9.99 what? It's a novelty item only it's not a everyday item. I do admit it's a nice piece but not worth more then the dancing girls.

But there are lemons thrown at us every week for the almighty buck. Then when you see you just got stuck with one of these bad items. They throw their TOS at you NO REFUNDS. It makes people a little gun shy don't you think?

All I'm saying Jack lets take a little more time before you do these items. I think I would ask Jack is why isn't the MLB, NFL, NHL Marvel, DC Comic's here? I know there are licensing and contract problems with them. Thanks to those people with that other console. They have been locking them down for a long time now. But Jack isn't that your job to unlock them for us? Until we have those people here we really can't grow big with all this generic stuff right? I'm sure the Home community have been pointing out other things we can use here also. Just food for thought Jack....

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 10 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes