Jul 19 2010
By: StephenOU812 Splicer 57 posts

New PS3 player with a question I hope a dev might answer regarding my HOME char.

6 replies 15 views Edited Jul 19, 2010

Greetings all,

I really am enjoying my ps3, and I really like HOME.  I understand that you are trying to make our characters reflect our looks, body type, personality, dress, etc. and find it all very interesting.  That being said, I find that in a certain important way to me, I am not able to accurately portray myself thru my HOME character.  I am in a wheelchair and have been for 28 years after a motocross racing injury at 17.   I don't know if it possible or worth your time to invest in creation of such an item, but if it is at all possible, I'd like to see that option available at some point.  It is really a great thing to see all the diversity expressed in HOME, and I think this could only expand said diversity.  Granted, all games have me on my feet so to speak and that is just fine, but I would like to be able to express myself accurately in the HOME setting which in and of itself is supposed to represent all of society.  Thanks to anyone who reads this in this great community and anyone who has any thoughts about this issue.  I welcome them all.

Stephen

Message 1 of 7 (15 Views)
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Re: New PS3 player with a question I hope a dev might answer regarding my HOME c

Jul 19, 2010

very interesting idea. it would be cool to see how that would work out.

welcome to Home.

You may also enjoy this thread from a while back

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/I-can-walk-in-Home/m-p/42152654

Message 2 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Re: New PS3 player with a question I hope a dev might answer regarding my HOME c

Jul 19, 2010

Welcome to PlayStation Network, Home, and the forums. I think it would be a great thing to see, as would a lot of people, I'm sure.

Message 3 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jul 19, 2010
Welcome to Playstation Home! Glad to have you here, hope you become a regular forum user.
Message 4 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jul 19, 2010

I think wheelchairs are a good idea, but there would be a challenge getting them to work in spaces with stairs. A hoverchair, perhaps?

I'd also love to see arm casts and leg casts with crutches, so we can celebrate our IRL misfortunes in Home.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 5 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Jul 19, 2010

HearItWow wrote:

I think wheelchairs are a good idea, but there would be a challenge getting them to work in spaces with stairs. A hoverchair, perhaps?

I'd also love to see arm casts and leg casts with crutches, so we can celebrate our IRL misfortunes in Home.

Why would stairs be a problem? Have you ever stopped walking while on the stairs in the Santorini Greece/Yacht spaces? You slide down them, like a ramp. From what I have seen, all the stairs in Home work like ramps.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 6 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Jul 19, 2010

Very interesting idea

post it in the suggestions thread GlassWalls should consider the idea

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes