Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: New Idea: PlayStation Home Premium Membership

Dec 21, 2009
Ya I bought a PS3 for the free internet provisions that was the main plus in my purchase, and if need be I will march my but right down to the 7-11 and get a psn card, but most of the card is used in the shop any ways. If I have funds left then I buy something in Home.
Message Edited by mmg2000000 on 12-21-2009 08:32 AM
https://secure.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/The_ripoff_art/
Message 71 of 80 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Dec 21, 2009

korn16ftl3 wrote:

get a load of this crap

http://kotaku.com/5429592/survey-sony-considering-premium-playstation-network-subscriptions

It's old news that Sony has been considering a premium subscription which would give the people some special extras on the PSN.

However, when they will do it is another thing. The basic of online will always be free. 

But this thread is concerning Home, not the PSN itself, so it's off-topic. Home has also been said to forever be free. So that's the end of that discussion really too. I wouldn't want to pay to use a beta even if they started charging.

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 72 of 80 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 14, 2010

have to say I know this is an old thread but seriously you people who say home and psn is free and always will be are correct but content within these are not free. The idea is good but now we have PlaystationPlus it should be part of the premium PSN. Sony is heading down the Microsoft route anyway. Maybe not today Maybe not tomorrow maybe not even on the PS3 but someday the whole PSN service will become subsription based. It doesent operate on fresh air.

Message 73 of 80 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Jul 14, 2010
No, I am against this. Home should be equal to everyone. Just because we have clothing that we pay for, we get the choice if we want to buy it or not. I am not going to be forced to pay a monthly membership just to get a few items that are "exclusive".

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 74 of 80 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Jul 14, 2010

Well aside from the "veteran" forumer hazing, I'll say I believe the intent of your idea itself is good. On the other hand, think about all the dissapointment you already have with home and think about adding a premium subscription on top of that.  The content on that subscription would probably only appeal to certain ppl anyway.  Even with Home Plus mature gamers would still be left out.  Aside from the discounts, you'd be paying for different content you possibly might not like. 

Message 75 of 80 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Jul 14, 2010

For the love of <insert expletive here>, STOP BUMPING 1-2 YEAR OLD THREADS FOR POST COUNTS.

Message 76 of 80 (7 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jul 14, 2010

Brandude wrote:

I think they should make a PS Home premium membership that is $5 a month and it should include:

1. Half off any purchase at the mall

2. One exclusive item a month

3. One exclusive apartment every 3 months

4. An exclusive clubhouse that shows items that are unreleased

5. Everyone who doesn't pay the membership will still get access to every space, apartment and item except the exclusive clubhouse, apartments, and exclusive items

Does anyone agree?  If so, what features do you think should be included?

Message Edited by Brandude on 08-23-2009 05:21 AM

Don't give them any more Bad IDEA'a for Home....

Really this Plus and Premium crap is all going to ur heads.

Just like Plus members they only have that stuff while there a Plus Member. If they loose the Plus they also loose all rewards or item's they got as a Plus member afterwards. Same would be the case here. Get Home item's now and loose them later if ur no longer a said member.

This kind of Crap needs to Stop Now. This is not Microsoft and that Crap Box 360 don't try to make it one.

Nuff Said.

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 77 of 80 (7 Views)
Gaming Beast
2262 posts

Jul 14, 2010

NO... I GOT BILLS TO PAY IN REAL LIFE..They make to much money as it is..with the clothes n junk..no...get a xbox..

Message 78 of 80 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1108 posts

Jul 14, 2010
Isnt the premium items on PS home kind of Premium enough? P.S. $5 a month would be more than PSN +... Should have a group package.
Platinum Trophy Collection
Resident Evil 5 Platinum TrophyinFAMOUS Platinum TrophyResistance 2 Platinum TrophyBatman Arkham Asylume Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed II Master AssassinDemon's Souls Toughest SoulDante's Inferno Master of The InfernoAliens vs Predator Not Bad for A HumanDarksiders BFAStar Wars The Force Unleashed 100% Complete

Love machinima and Home videos? Find us on PSTalent.com to watch and possibly star in one of our latest projects! Meet other Home enthusiasts, play a few games and join a community that thrives on creation and unique perspectives.

- Animus_Requiem, Writing Director at PSTalent.com
Message 79 of 80 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2705 posts

Jul 14, 2010

Brandude wrote:

I think they should make a PS Home premium membership that is $5 a month and it should include:

1. Half off any purchase at the mall

2. One exclusive item a month

3. One exclusive apartment every 3 months

4. An exclusive clubhouse that shows items that are unreleased

5. Everyone who doesn't pay the membership will still get access to every space, apartment and item except the exclusive clubhouse, apartments, and exclusive items

Does anyone agree?  If so, what features do you think should be included?

Message Edited by Brandude on 08-23-2009 05:21 AM

Instead of having its' own fee, maybe have special content for Playstation Plus subscribers?

Message 80 of 80 (7 Views)
0 Likes