Highlighted
Dec 02 2008
By: Sky_The_Assassin Uncharted Territory 1387 posts

New Home Beta Testers READ!!!

51 replies 13 views Edited Dec 2, 2008

Hi everyone!

Just Wanting to keep you all informed about Home and answer some frequent questions that everyone is wondering!

Note: Updated so you can use Ctrl+F(find) here are the topics used to find what you need faster:

ITEM: Speaks about the mall and items in Home

GENERAL: Speaks of things outside of Home but related to Home, (rank, forums, NDA etc)

GAME: Speaks of Game launching in Home,game space, and the bowling alley.

NUISANCES: Speaks about griefers(people who just annoy others for fun) and what to do about them.

CLUBS: Speaks of clubs etc.

SETTINGS: Speaks of how to change interface colors, adjust settings within Home etc.

And anything with by it symbolizes I feel is important and should be read.

GENERAL:I just got Home! WooT! How do I get my rank and to the closed beta forums?

Sorry right now it appears anyone who got in Home from this wave of random invites wont have access.

GENERAL:I just got a Home beta key! But I'm using a Sub-account and the result is Its telling me I'm not old enough to participate in home how do I by-pass this?

Sorry As far as I know Sub accounts cannot participate in Home you will have to log into a master account and play on that, Fear not this 18+ deal is only temporary, and you probably wont walk away with anything that awesome at the end of this if anything at all.

GENERAL:Whats an NDA?

Non-Disclosure agreement, don't post Screen shots videos or talk to deeply about home or be banned.

GENERALSmiley Frustratedome people have been saying the NDA was lifted is it really?

Some sites say that Home Representitives have said they no longer enforce the NDA, In my honest opinion why would you risk getting banned for talking about somthing you shouldnt have? 

(This message will update when i see TedTheDog say "No more NDA go nuts" or some other sony rep)

GENERAL:My message said something about the plaza and meeting there at some 6-8PM Specific time (Fam Guy Ref) whats that about?

Its over don't worry about it until people start posting about UFO sightings on the Home board.

(!!!)GENERAL:As a Home beta tester I can't report bugs or really do anything except play around whats my role in all this?

That is exactly your role just use home regularly and add stress to the server thats it and if you find a bug just look for somone with a Beta Tester rank and ask them to post it or confirm if its a bug at all.

AND! Go to this link and join the Weekly Stress test by Rainoffire make that server work and maeby make your PS3 lag out from all the people lets see what that cell processor can do!

Go here add your name and join the fun!

GENERAL:I have home can I share it? Is it legal?

According to the NDA sharing Home also means your sharing inside information about Home by this you break the NDA and can have your account removed.

According to the TOS on the playstation site passing out any personal info(login details your name adress etc.) is not permitted by this Sony can ban your account.

According to common sence giving out your password to strangers is stupid, by this you are putting yourself at risk to identity theft, you could get your account banned for things you did not do(and you cant go to sony and say "hey i gave this dude my password now he got me banned")

GAME:What games can I launch in Home?

Warhawk...and.....yeah I think that's it.

GAME: What is game launching exactly?

Game launching within Home allows you to set up parties for games that are compatible with Playstation Home, when you game or match is done you are ported back to home. Simple as that

GAME: Game Spaces

This feature not currently available in this stage of beta and was removed in the 1.00 update and should return with open beta.

GAME:I'm trying to enjoy some activities in Home but whenever I try to join the game I get this box and I cant select anything what do I have to do?

You will see the gray box says "Game occupied" simply wait for that group of people to finish their round if you see an empty slot for the game jump in before its too late or if you see somone by them self you can join in regardless of weather or not they are playing.

WHAT?: Did you pick Red and Green for a reason?

N...Yes

NUISANCES:There is some obnoxious A-Hat playing rick roll what do I do?

Target them select mute problem solved

NUISANCES:REPORT FunctionSmiley Frustratedomone is yelling in their microphone, Using extreme profanity or Im being sexually harrassed in Home! I need an adult!

Fear not young padawan( Home beta tester) Press the Select button this puts you into Homes "Safe" screen no one can contact you in this mode in there is a report function if you feel somone is breaking the User agreement report them! This can range from many things from dropping the F bomb or transmitting a high frequency noise into their mics BUT make sure  you use it sparringly as abuse of this feature may result in account suspension or removal from the beta so only use it if someone does something very very bad!

ITEMSmiley Frustratedome people have stuff that i don't why?

They won them via mini games in the bowling alley just play a bit and maybe you'll win something.(the machines to the left and right of the bowling lanes.) Or they participated in some events in the past.

ITEM:The Mall doesn't have anything in it what gives?

Theres nothing there for now, I recommend you go to the bowling alley

Note: According to some posters who read the legendary TOS our item we gain in Home during the CBT(closed beta) are subject to deletion when the Open beta comes into play.

SETTINGS:NAME COLORS: I just saw someone who's name was in red does that make him Lord of the Home?

No, Press your start button this will take you to your...Zune like Sony product. Scroll down go to Settings and select pop-up color this will change your interfaces color as well as the color your name is displayed.

CLUBS: Im in Home and am in a club or looking to join a club what are the limitations if any?

In Home it is possible to OWN 1 club and be a member of 4 others or simply be a member of 5 clubs total at any one time.

Currently in Home all clubs have a set club house where members can meet up, and chat.

A club can have 35 members, 1 Leader, 4 Co-leaders, 30members.

There are no limiations on how many clubs you can join and quit to my knowledge.

IMPORTANT!(READ):
Sharing/Trading/Selling/Buying Home Beta Trial keys is technicly piracy and isILLEGAL do not do it. Sony can ban your account if you do this. Share at your own risk!

Will be updated as I see frequent questions. Oh and Be sure to leave things to add in case Iv forgotten a frequent question.

If you feel Iv broken the NDA anywhere through this post inform me immediately! 

Message Edited by Sky_The_Assassin on 11-27-2008 10:15 AM
Message Edited by Sky_The_Assassin on 11-27-2008 10:54 AM
Message Edited by Sky_The_Assassin on 12-02-2008 03:54 PM
Message 52 of 52 (13 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1874 posts

Re: To all NEW Beta Testers Info you should be aware of!

Nov 23, 2008
nice info...... and nice christmas colors
Message 1 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Nov 23, 2008
sweet info
Message 2 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Nov 23, 2008
I liked the Family Guy reference...Specific Time
Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 3 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Nov 23, 2008

SkyTheAssassin wrote:

I hope I don't break NDA, seriously.

Hi everyone!

Just Wanting to keep you all informed about Home and questions that have been asked 50+ times in the last hour.

I just got Home! WooT! How do I get my rank and to the closed beta forums?

Sorry right now it appears anyone who got in Home from this wave of random invites wont have access.

Whats an NDA?

Non-Disclosure agreement, dont post Screenshots videos or talk to deeply about home or be banned.

The Mall doesn't have anything in it what gives?

Theres nothing there for now, I recommend you go to the bowling alley

What games can I launch in Home?

Warhawk...and.....yeah I think thats it.

Im trying to enjoy some activities in Home but whenever I try to join the game I get this box and I cant select anything what do I have to do?

You will see the gray box says "Game occupied" simply wait for that group of people to finish their round if you see an empty slot for the game jump in before its too late or if you see somone by them self you can join in regardless of weather or not they are playing.

Some people have stuff that i don't why?

They won them via mini games in the bowling alley just play a bit and maeby youll win somthing.(the machines to the left and right of the bowling lanes.) Or they participated in some events in the past.

Theres some obnoxious A-Hat playing rick roll what do I do?

Target them select mute problem solved

Did you pick Red and Green for a reason?

N...Yes

My message said somthing about the plaza and meeting there at some 6-8PM Specific time (Fam Guy Ref) whats that about?

Its over dont worry about it until people start posting about UFO sightings on the Home board.

Will be updated as I see frequent questions. Oh and Be sure to leave things to add in case Iv forgotten a frequent question.

If you feel Iv broken the NDA anywhere through this post inform me immediately! 

Good to know.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2274 posts

Nov 23, 2008
Thanks for the info
Photobucket
Message 5 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5108 posts

Nov 23, 2008
Good post Assassin. Kudoed. Hope I see in Home as soon as I get my invite.
Message 6 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2459 posts

Nov 23, 2008
DO NOT GAMESHARE HOME AS WELL IT IS STILL TECHNICHLAIY NOT ALLOWED.
Message 7 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
833 posts

Nov 23, 2008
Good post. Thanks for the tips.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Nov 23, 2008
Good post thx.
Message 9 of 52 (13 Views)
0 Likes