I Only Post Everything
449 posts

Re: New! HATE SPRAY for HOME!!!

Sep 12, 2013

Darcness wrote:

If I had a can of hate spray, you'd get most of it, moz.

Smiley LOL

Message 91 of 144 (524 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Sep 12, 2013

I got it the funny thing is everyone can see the actually spray but me. Like someone already said The spray isn't the problem. Some peoples words and actions are much worse then any "noob away ".   Verbal attacks are  the problem not a virtual can of spray!  I got it for fun not to insult anyone but if it gets a rude person to leave me alone ( i doubt it will ) then i say fire away Smiley Wink 

Message 92 of 144 (512 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Sep 12, 2013

I have no problem with the item. It's just a bit of fun.

You can't blame PST for how someone uses their product if the product is fit to sell.

Having said that I share a lot of the sentiments of the OP. Noob Away was created by big egos for big egos, and the irony is people on this forum who spin that word Community like a fine web, and make themselves out to be our role models are usually the worst people here, and I feel sorry for anyone who wastes their time trying to get into cahoots with them for some sort of recognition. I remember all the "VIP" events and pretend-famous roleplay of the PST website which still exists today. It's all a bit sad to see adults investing so much time in virtual identities while their real ones suffer, but hey I can't judge too harshly as that was once me when I hit a low point in my life. I'd like to point out this is not a jab at the amazing machinimas produced by an awesome director, but the unfortunate and silly subculture that clique of users has created around their successes in video game journalism's most ridiculed virtual world.

Back on topic:

If people want to go to X7, pretend they are famous, treat people like peasants with Noob Away, then come back to the forum and try and do damage control/self promotion on their virtual identity then leave them to it. When Home closes it's going to hit these kind of people harder than anyone else. Just live in the comfort of knowing that and enjoy yourself a can of Noob Away for it's most earnest use - for fun Smiley Tongue 

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 93 of 144 (485 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 12, 2013

We all were noobs at one stage so when making this is just slap everyone who is new to home. Some of these “noobs” just want little help. I find most of these people “noobs” are just people dressing like noobs just start something or hassle you. I remember when I first step out my harbour studio and spent hour getting my self looking good I was wearing free Red and black skirt and red shirt and once I step out I had guy race up to me and say “you’re a noobs” I had trophy level 8 with 4 plats, this person only was like level 2 so never understood why people called someone noob. So what I say if you call anyone a noob then you be labelling self as well.

Message 94 of 144 (483 Views)
Wastelander
539 posts

Sep 12, 2013

this from you? the person who sits at x7 all day and night with sodar cola taunting people who can't get into x7. how dare you come and act like the spray is so bad and like you actually care about a random noob. you are reading too much into this. its a virtual item. you diss noobs all the time. i see you do it. to the general public noobs are the bane of homes existance so the spray makes sense. i actually use the spray to troll uptight liars like you. you fake af

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 95 of 144 (447 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Sep 12, 2013

@EDEA

I actually don't go to x7 much anymore.

Because I get the point you're coming across with your comment/reply to this thread.

I feel as if it's just a repeated process of constant arguing, harassment and dare I say, trolling? I got tired of it and moved on and that's that. So Kudo to you Best Friend! Smiley Very Happy

And yes I've said some rude things at x7 myself and I just wanted to apologise.

But back on topic... It's an item with the word noob on it.

I think PST is trying to tell us that they're talking about the noob trolls.

Because correct me if I'm wrong because I know I am.

Aren't there three types of noobs?

Troll Noob

I want help and will listen to you until I understand the process Noob

I think I'll just work alone and not interact with anyone until I get used to the basic commands Noob.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 96 of 144 (406 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Sep 12, 2013

That person also does the same thing to users that have been on home for a whilewhich is a whole other ball of wax and deserves all the virtual  sprays of that product. Hmmm must not have watched the promo vid for it which is hilarious btw. In it  part of the ingredients is for troll control so therefore will work on trolls also so should work on a certain someone.

TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 97 of 144 (406 Views)
I Only Post Everything
822 posts

Sep 12, 2013

I feel like the Noob Away is an issue like many here as well but mainly because of the name of the item. If it was called Bug Spray or something then there would have been no issue at all. Would have been pretty funny, but this will just fuel the fire for those who already make fun of other users.  There are already so many people that insults new players as it is. I commonly see new players ask others for help in places like the Hub and such and only get negative comments and insults just for that when all they want is help getting used to Home. This item will only add to those kind of people to do this. This item is just a bad idea and am surprised those at PST actually created this item and named it that. I really thought they were smarter than that. Definitely lost my respect for them.

Message 98 of 144 (405 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Sep 12, 2013

You do realize how much you contradict your "insightful" statement in your signature, right? Stop over emphasizing your words LIKE THIS, and stop taking things too far. Anti-gay spray? Really? You think they'd  go that far? Haha. The only thing people should dislike about this product is the fact people still use the term "noob". It's not 2006 anymore folks. That term has really gotten old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 99 of 144 (390 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2013

Moz, Did anyone ever tell you that you try TOO hard WHEN you TROLL?..

This isn't natural-feeling at all. Very forced, coming from someone as close-minded as you.. Normally, I'd give an "A" for effort.. But the subject of trolling matter is silly, immature and laughable at best; and your delivery was something that I would expect from a pseudo-intellectual 12 year old who watches too much liberal-minded tv shows and not a mature woman well into her late 40's (or even 50's?)

You have a somewhat impressive amount of pages in this thread (more than it deserves, mind you..), but its mostly ridicule to your opinions..and no one is taking you seriously.

I rate this trolling attempt 2 out of 10.

Message 100 of 144 (379 Views)