Aug 01 2012
By: Scully420 First Son 20 posts

New GANG for the extraordinarily weird!

[ Edited ]
22 replies 520 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

So, if your reading this post, I can assume you use PS Home...

While your logged in, do you often find that Home is full of "haters"?

Do people insult you for how you choose to dress your avatar? Do people think how you interact with others is downright weird.. and have been told you have been reported for it (yet, have never been banned)? Do you simply try to enjoy Home for what it is - a GAME - and find that others take themselves, and this GAME, way too seriously?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, then perhaps this GANG is for you. This ain't no FAM, this is a group for likeminded individuals who think the seriousness and righteousness many on Home display is just downright ludicris. Like many other alternate reality games (half life, minecraft, etc...) there are many people on Home who consider this reality to be their main reality. They leave work (or in many cases, school) and head straight home to converse with their online friends, rather than interacting in the real world. While I am not "dissing" or trying to insult these people, I am simply stating that this is not how ALL of the people on Home view this GAME. Many of us take advantage of the weirdness available to you on Home. So you like to dress your avatar with a clown wig and no pants? More power to you! So, you like to walk up to random groups of people and start messaging over and over "I LIKE BANANAS", hey go for it. Those so easily offended should stay in their private spaces! 

This is not a group for people who like to insult others for their views, however. This is a group for people who simply wish to have a list of people as outgoing and intersting as they are. There is enough hate in this world, we do not need to extend it into an online game - a game I am sure many of us play to relax and unwind after a day of stress and aggrivation.

Welcome to "Funky Avatars" - a group for the excentric, outgoing, friendly, and care-free! If this post makes sense to you - then add me on PS with the message "Funky Avatars" in your friend request message. This is a new group, and is still somewhat low on members - but that will very soon change.

If, however, you read this post and disagree with everything in it - feel free to post your comments and distain, but keep in mind it will fall on deaf ears. Again, this is a group that is looking to cast aside the hatered, insults, and obvious "E-Thugs" who roam this very open and customizable world that is Home. We are looking to enjoy this for what it is, a game!

So again - if you are interesed - add "Scully420" to your friends list with the words "Funky Avatars" in your invite message. Looking forward to meeting all you weirdos!

-Scully

6276 posts

Re: New GANG for the extraordinarily weird!

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

There's always a bad egg, in a club/fam/clan/group.

I'm sure yours is no, different.

Thanks, but no thanks.

You could try looking on the activity board, for members.

Message 2 of 23 (481 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Aug 1, 2012
I don't think spamming people with messages about how much you love bananas is the best way to make friends.
Message 3 of 23 (447 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Thanks but no thanks

PASSSSSSSSSS !!!

Message 4 of 23 (418 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Again with this "game" thing... kids will be kids i'm affraid ;(

If Home is a game. Tell me how you win? where is the boss to defeat? How many trophys can you get? what are the objective/goals?

Home is a social network. Intended for gamers? Yes. Filled with games? Yes. But PsHome itself a game? No. Alternate reality? No. Virtual yes, but last time I checked there was only 1 reality.

Sorry for you but the friends I have on Home are REAL. I meet them in a virtual environnement but they are real friends and I have no intention of wasting time explaining why they are real friends.

If everyones around think you should be reported. Maybe, just maybe, you are the one with an attitude problem.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 5 of 23 (381 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Aug 1, 2012

just do what mindblllur said go to the activity board you buy half of them people a psn card they will join your gang

Message 6 of 23 (361 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Woah maek fun of OP but leef Kush outa it! I jest smocke sum kush too watz rong wit ma spellen?
Support Forums
Message 7 of 23 (341 Views)
VP of Gaming
28199 posts

Aug 1, 2012

The OP is asking for those who are interested in his gang (club) to apply. There is no reason to be insulting or rude to him.

Lack of Community Spirit and Support

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 23 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Scully420 wrote:

So, if your reading this post, I can assume you use PS Home...

While your logged in, do you often find that Home is full of "haters"?

Do people insult you for how you choose to dress your avatar? Do people think how you interact with others is downright weird.. and have been told you have been reported for it (yet, have never been banned)? Do you simply try to enjoy Home for what it is - a GAME - and find that others take themselves, and this GAME, way too seriously?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, then perhaps this GANG is for you. This ain't no FAM, this is a group for likeminded individuals who think the seriousness and righteousness many on Home display is just downright ludicris. Like many other alternate reality games (half life, minecraft, etc...) there are many people on Home who consider this reality to be their main reality. They leave work (or in many cases, school) and head straight home to converse with their online friends, rather than interacting in the real world. While I am not "dissing" or trying to insult these people, I am simply stating that this is not how ALL of the people on Home view this GAME. Many of us take advantage of the weirdness available to you on Home. So you like to dress your avatar with a clown wig and no pants? More power to you! So, you like to walk up to random groups of people and start messaging over and over "I LIKE BANANAS", hey go for it. Those so easily offended should stay in their private spaces! 

This is not a group for people who like to insult others for their views, however. This is a group for people who simply wish to have a list of people as outgoing and intersting as they are. There is enough hate in this world, we do not need to extend it into an online game - a game I am sure many of us play to relax and unwind after a day of stress and aggrivation.

Welcome to "Funky Avatars" - a group for the excentric, outgoing, friendly, and care-free! If this post makes sense to you - then add me on PS with the message "Funky Avatars" in your friend request message. This is a new group, and is still somewhat low on members - but that will very soon change.

If, however, you read this post and disagree with everything in it - feel free to post your comments and distain, but keep in mind it will fall on deaf ears. Again, this is a group that is looking to cast aside the hatered, insults, and obvious "E-Thugs" who roam this very open and customizable world that is Home. We are looking to enjoy this for what it is, a game!

So again - if you are interesed - add "Scully420" to your friends list with the words "Funky Avatars" in your invite message. Looking forward to meeting all you weirdos!

-Scully

If I added "420" to my username, would people think differently of me?

- bookepride420

YB

Message 9 of 23 (304 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Aug 2, 2012

i didnt even notice the "420" and I rarely do. Not a "hollyday" around here in Québec

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 10 of 23 (247 Views)