Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Re: New Bramblenook Farms personal space from Juggernaut Games!

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

You are right to a point, though; Edo can't really be played at all without spending some money, but you don't get sucked in to buying more stuff once you do start playing. With a decent $3 sword, practice and patience, you can unlock every reward.

Not sure if this applies to all regions, but in JP I see the competition of the leaderboard have made people need to buy the demon armor and halbert to stay in the rankings. I see this business method alot in those facebook social games where devs release better stuff later in the last span of the event and make those pay for it to get a better chance of getting the rewards. Not my style I want to see in Home.

And Iooking at the number of people ranked, I only see less than 10k people total in all regions (5000+ in JP, 2000+ in US, 1500+ in EU, 150+ in Asia). The numbers doesn't seem that big. Makes me wonder how much frequent users actually plays in Home. Or if it just an indication Edo isn't really successful.

Message 31 of 41 (236 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Oooh, I love that farm! I didn't think it would look this good! Definitely a worthy purchase for me. Thanks, Juggernaut! Smiley Very Happy
 photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 32 of 41 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 26, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

You are right to a point, though; Edo can't really be played at all without spending some money, but you don't get sucked in to buying more stuff once you do start playing. With a decent $3 sword, practice and patience, you can unlock every reward.

Not sure if this applies to all regions, but in JP I see the competition of the leaderboard have made people need to buy the demon armor and halbert to stay in the rankings. I see this business method alot in those facebook social games where devs release better stuff later in the last span of the event and make those pay for it to get a better chance of getting the rewards. Not my style I want to see in Home.

And Iooking at the number of people ranked, I only see less than 10k people total in all regions (5000+ in JP, 2000+ in US, 1500+ in EU, 150+ in Asia). The numbers doesn't seem that big. Makes me wonder how much frequent users actually plays in Home. Or if it just an indication Edo isn't really successful.

The majority of users wouldn't buy a weapon and the mission is impossible to clear without one. Without any demon points, you won't be on the leaderboard.

Message 33 of 41 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 26, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

If these forums are any indication, a lot of people were turned off by the endless grinding in Edo. Some are simply turned off by having to buy anything to play, so participation was guaranteed to be lower than it would be for a free game.

Those who wanted to get high on the leaderboard (myself included), did need the upgraded weapons and armor to get there efficiently. I know that some people who broke 100k to get all the rewards only bought the Metal Rod; if reaching 100k was a player's only goal, it's quite achievable with the rod and no armor. If you want to do it faster, the armor and the halberd were a huge help. I'm always pressed for time, so I needed them.

Looking at those numbers, I'd be surprised if Granzella didn't at least break even on the event.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 34 of 41 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Feb 26, 2013

This new house looks great, Juggernaut really make some great content.

Message 35 of 41 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Looks impressive.  Looks like Juggernaut will make this one to remember!!

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 36 of 41 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3272 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Look very nice. If the $7 purchase is all you need to unlock the items it seem to be a very good deal.

As far as the GZ and Hellfire discussion goes...

Yes you can dig for fossils fre... but don't expect to find anything special, or so rarely. (I have 1 Dinosaur bone over three account). Buy all the tools , the museum, the luck charms... add the case so your museum look nice... it's a little fortune.

You ( HiW ) say you can "beat the game" with nothing more than a $3 sword? I'll take your word on that. But I would not go in battle without an armor. One thing I dont like about GZ game is the endless release of new, better tools/weapons.

For Hellfire. I discoverd them with Novus-Prime (No one surprised I guess Smiley Wink ) Loved the game because you could max it for free... Then I start buying... If you dont pay attention the $0.50 daily booster turn it into a +$150/yr free game...

Back to our regular programming.. Congrats Juggernaut. I know a lot of people were waiting for something like that and I'm sure you made it right.  Smiley Happy

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 37 of 41 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3272 posts

Feb 27, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Nothing surprising there. I realized a long time ago that actual user/buyer on Home are far less than some sources or people tend to show. Now imagine you have a full stdio of proffesionnal to pay with such a little market. Thats why we see micro company as dev now .

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 38 of 41 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Feb 27, 2013

http://www.hsmagazine.net/2012/08/home-farmmoon/

Where were you last August when this was laid out in great detail and comments and suggestions were requested?

Message 39 of 41 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Yeah the space is $7 then they sell you tools to improve ur stats quicker and they are also selling furniture layouts amongst other things.  Now, some will argue that you dont need to buy the add-ons maybe this is true we dont know yet if there's only so much you can do without buying anything.  It would just be a matter of time before someone will fill us in on their progress and if these are needed to move further in the game. 

Message 40 of 41 (83 Views)
0 Likes