Reply
May 13 2013
By: Enistachia PlayStation MVP 1503 posts
Online
Accepted Solution

Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

[ Edited ]
32 replies 278 views Edited May 13, 2013

As a bullied kid I knew someting that the bullies didn't and that was that I came to them for the attention they gave me.  I see this now happening in Home.  However, it does seem to work much more efficiently on the internet.  I see the avatar's approach each other and the interaction begins.  If they want a bad result they will put down the approached user in hopes that hey will get the reaction that they wanted.  The problem is, more people are reacting the way the bully wants and thus a hate session begins.

 

I just wanted to put that out there.

Message 1 of 33 (278 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
1503 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

May 13, 2013
We have always heard that it takes a stronger person to walk away from a fight and to ignore the taunts.
Message 2 of 33 (269 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29264 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

May 13, 2013

Enistachia wrote:
We have always heard that it takes a stronger person to walk away from a fight and to ignore the taunts.

It's not hard to do. Put them on ignore. It doesn't take being strong just being practical. 

Message 3 of 33 (266 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
1503 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

May 13, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Enistachia wrote:
We have always heard that it takes a stronger person to walk away from a fight and to ignore the taunts.

It's not hard to do. Put them on ignore. It doesn't take being strong just being practical. 


See I even think it takes a stronger person to want to Put them on Ignore because I know that some people are just waiting for them to say a trigger word or something that could cause them to create a bigger deal.

 

I think that is why we are always not listened to when we mention the ignore feature.   

Message 4 of 33 (262 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
9801 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

May 13, 2013

Enistachia wrote:
We have always heard that it takes a stronger person to walk away from a fight and to ignore the taunts.

 That what was the Ignore and Block features are used for: to ignore or block people who want to give others a hard time. That is what I always do when someone decides to be a jerkwad to me and I don't have to put up with it any longer.


Message 5 of 33 (252 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
1503 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

May 13, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

Enistachia wrote:
We have always heard that it takes a stronger person to walk away from a fight and to ignore the taunts.

 That what was the Ignore and Block features are used for: to ignore or block people who want to give others a hard time. That is what I always do when someone decides to be a jerkwad to me and I don't have to put up with it any longer.


Yes, I ignore more ppl that are bugging other users than users that try to pull those stunts on me.  I am too much of a challenge for your everyday troll/bully.

Message 6 of 33 (248 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
9801 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

Enistachia wrote:
We have always heard that it takes a stronger person to walk away from a fight and to ignore the taunts.

 That what was the Ignore and Block features are used for: to ignore or block people who want to give others a hard time. That is what I always do when someone decides to be a jerkwad to me and I don't have to put up with it any longer.


Yes, I ignore more ppl that are bugging other users than users that try to pull those stunts on me.  I am too much of a challenge for your everyday troll/bully.


Yup, you're too much of a challenge for an average troll and cyberbully because they'll get quickly get bored once you quickly pay them no mind and couldn't care less what they think of you.


Message 7 of 33 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4055 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

May 13, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

Yes, I ignore more ppl that are bugging other users than users that try to pull those stunts on me.  I am too much of a challenge for your everyday troll/bully.

dds

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 8 of 33 (235 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
1503 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

Enistachia wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

Enistachia wrote:
We have always heard that it takes a stronger person to walk away from a fight and to ignore the taunts.

 That what was the Ignore and Block features are used for: to ignore or block people who want to give others a hard time. That is what I always do when someone decides to be a jerkwad to me and I don't have to put up with it any longer.


Yes, I ignore more ppl that are bugging other users than users that try to pull those stunts on me.  I am too much of a challenge for your everyday troll/bully.


Yup, you're too much of a challenge for an average troll and cyberbully because they'll get quickly get bored once you quickly pay them no mind and couldn't care less what they think of you.


You cared enough to reply.  KISSES  Oh and this is whay I mean ... you were not strong enough to ignore my confidence and thus you needed to put me down.  XD

Message 9 of 33 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
1503 posts
 

Re: Negative Attention ... you know they feed on it.

May 13, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

Enistachia wrote:

Yes, I ignore more ppl that are bugging other users than users that try to pull those stunts on me.  I am too much of a challenge for your everyday troll/bully.

dds


Wat cha gonna du?

Message 10 of 33 (225 Views)
0 Likes