Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

Re: Neat ideas

May 7, 2007
The one thing I would love to see is integration of the PS3 in your own HOME... Have it on the entertainment center next to your TV.

I would hate to leave HOME just to log into a web browser or the Sony Store. Granted I  hate the browser,  it would be great for quick lookups.
Message 21 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3082 posts

May 7, 2007
Cool thread.

I would like to see seamless jumps straight to multiplayer games.  I heard that right now, Home does not have this functionality.  Apparently, you have to meet up with someone in Home, discuss to go meet in a Game, LEAVE Home, THEN boot up the game, THEN meet the guy in there.  Sounds kinda pointless.

I'm not sure how Sony will implement this, but it would be good to talk with someone in Home and press a button and jump STRAIGHT into a game that you've "set up" within Home. 

For example, you head over to the NHL 08 lounge, then you meet up with a couple people, then you can set up all the rules and settings WITHIN Home, then jump straight to the match with all the set rules/settings without having to leave home and boot up the game (obviously NHL 08 would have to be already in the Blu-Ray Drive).

This is a very simple idea, yet it would tremendously improve the facility of jumping right into a game from Home

I'm also very interested to know *cough beta testers cough*, can you pause a game, then go back to Home and do stuff while your game is paused?  That would be amazing.

Message Edited by on 05-06-2007 09:15 PM
Message 22 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

May 7, 2007
I'll throw my two cents in here.

I'd really enjoy seeing a layout where load times were short and you didn't have to "shuttle" between point A and point B. That good news is, Sony has already commented that they are already working on a solution for this. As well as the solution for entering ppls homes without them being online.

Still though, I'm very curious as to what their prices will be for furniture, clothes, home upgrades, etc. Anyone want to start placing estimates?

!
Message 23 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

May 7, 2007
I hate speculating on pricing, but I hope it is not a monthly fee for a larger 'apartment'. If HOME turns out to be what Sony says it would be, I would like a bigger place to 'party'. I just went to the Dev website and read the PDF on HOME and it sounds like it will be 10X better next year.
Message 24 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

May 7, 2007

AgentAnderson wrote:
I hate speculating on pricing, but I hope it is not a monthly fee for a larger 'apartment'. If HOME turns out to be what Sony says it would be, I would like a bigger place to 'party'. I just went to the Dev website and read the PDF on HOME and it sounds like it will be 10X better next year.

You know, I was just watching some videos on Youtube (G4) and they talking about having to spend little bits of money here and there. I think I would personally enjoy a monthly fee vs. being nickel and dimed to death. For instance, pay $30.00 and have 100 upgrades or something random like that. I think were all hoping for it to grow into something MUCH, much bigger then we expect. Already it seems to be flooding the internet.

!
Message 25 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

May 7, 2007
Speaking of money in HOME.... What about PPV or On-Demand for shows/movies ??

It would be somewhat cool to invite friends over to watch a PPV event....

Some of the actions you can take would be to throw popcorn at the TV, scream at whoever, etc... Just like a party at a real PPV event.
Message 26 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

May 7, 2007

AgentAnderson wrote:
Speaking of money in HOME.... What about PPV or On-Demand for shows/movies ??

It would be somewhat cool to invite friends over to watch a PPV event....

Some of the actions you can take would be to throw popcorn at the TV, scream at whoever, etc... Just like a party at a real PPV event.

PPV idea is awesome! Very interested to know if Sony will allow full length movies into Home. Could bring your friends over, someone has a movie on their harddrive and watch it together.

!
Message 27 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

May 7, 2007
im not sure if this is available or not but having actual movies running in the theater that change everyday.

it would also be cool if you could all go to someones home and watch a sporting event like a party. for instance super bowl.
Call of Duty 3, Madden 07, MLB 2K7, MLB 07: The Show, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Madden 08, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Call of Duty 4, NBA 2K8, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Eye of Judgement, Rock Band, MLB 08 The Show, Grand Theft Auto IV, Singstar, Metal Gear Solid 4, Madden 09, NBA 2K9, LittleBigPlanet, and Socom:Confrontation!

Give me Killzone 2 or give me Home , , ,
Message 28 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

May 7, 2007

theonetheonly wrote:
im not sure if this is available or not but having actual movies running in the theater that change everyday.

it would also be cool if you could all go to someones home and watch a sporting event like a party. for instance super bowl.

Certainly cool idea. If they did play movies, I would hope there would be some free / premium movies. Wouldn't want to pay $3.00 to watch BeatleJuice, lol!

!
Message 29 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

May 7, 2007
I'd like them to have some sort of thing where you could 'rent' movies. Like pay 5-10$ or whatever and you get to watch a movie(or buy them and put them on your hdd). Or even have movies in the theatre that are actually in the real movie theatre that you could pay to watch.

And to the guy that said you should be able to jump right into games from home, i think they are doing this but maybe not for the beta right now...

You should also be able to have a garage that you can put cars in from games like GT, NFS and GTA or whatever games want to support it. Obviously you can't drive them but you could show them off or w/e.

And i don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but it would be cool if you could have your virtual t.v accessible by you and who ever is in your house and they can look at stuff that's on your hdd like pictures, movies and music. Of course you would choose what is visible to other users so you can hide that **bleep**Smiley Very Happy. I know that they have something like that you can play music on the stereo and put pictures on the wall and play videos on the t.v but i mean that you should be able to access everything at once.

And i think you can do this, but you should be able to bring trophies into your home and put them where ever you want, not just in the hall of fame or w/e it's called.

And i want a poker table, air hockey, pool, fooseball(spelling?) and all that kinda stuff to be able to put into your house. Maybe for the poker, you could buy a downloadable game and it allows you to go into a big poker area in home and you can play other people that have it as opposed to a separate game on a disk. And you should be able to have private poker games with your friends in your house so you could have poker night without leaving the house. I think that having downloadable games implemented right into home would be awesome.

I think that's about it....
LittleBigPlanet��� Information Thread

Message 30 of 52 (1 View)
0 Likes