13184 posts

Re: Name look a likes

May 8, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

NameIess_One wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

NameIess_One wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

It's 100% against the TOS to do this. It falls under the category of impersonation.

Whoever's doing this will have the account banned, and the name will be locked so that no one else can use it.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

So it would be justified to ban somebody that has the same username?

Say for instance, if I saw two users named 'Deadpool',

One with a L at the end and the other with an uppercase I, I can go report either of those two for impersonation?

Conicidental names are not subject to the TOS. Creation of an account with the intent of impersonating another user is.

So to use your example, if you're Deadpool and I happen to create a Deadpoo(capital I) account, that's no harm, no foul. We both like Deadpool.

If, however, you're Deadpool and I create an account that looks like your name, then go around claiming to be you, I'm guilty of impersonation and subject to a ban. At the very least, the impersonating account will be locked out so that I can't go on impersonating you.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

So if I made an account name 'HearltWow' with a lower cased L, purely coincidental by the way, and went on PlayStation Home minding my own business, that is okay still?

What if I got into an unintentional argument over another user and they decided to spread my name to insult me? Would you still ban me if news of that ever reached you?

As long as you don't represent yourself as me, you're free to do whatever you like. You'll have to pick someone else, though, as the HearItWow variants have all been locked off due to an impersonater.

Let's say there's a Dave575 and a Dave_575, just to use a very obvious example. Dave_575 is a troll, but he's not trying to impersonate Dave575. Unfortunately, Dave575 is going to take some flack for what the other user is doing, but there's really nothing he can do to stop the troll. That falls squarely on Moderation's shoulders. Dave575 may even ask them to get rid of the guy, but unless he's been trolled personally, there's nothing he can do.

It's a bit like going through life with a name like Jeffrey Dahmer. Sure, you're not -that- guy, but people are still going to give you strange looks when they hear the name.

I Created a Japan Account using my same Username (it's AL2009man as a Original Name, al2009man as PSN ID) that is named "AL2010man" adding "2010" (my 2nd account i created) later i Created my EU account that is without "AL2009man", now it "lolman152" (you may noties it as used on my Facebook Account that is /lolman152) Later last year i created a account for used of Testing on LittleBigPlanet 2 that is "AL2009man_Test"

Meh, i can't text more. have to leave

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 21 of 24 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

May 9, 2012

damn, thts suxs, gttn impersonated,  personally i think the impersonator should be put in front of a firing squad  or stoned  by the public,   but in reality  do you think maybe its one of your supposive friends doing this to you,  how can they possibly no who your friends are, (maybe a friends the culprit,  hope they get banned for life without parole,  n thats all i gotta say about that.

Message 22 of 24 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

May 14, 2012

Tell me about it i've seen at least 3 copies of mine.

Message 23 of 24 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

May 23, 2012

i run a small family of gamers on home and i now belive this was the work of sum fam tryn to start some probs for us or something lol dam kids lol

Just call me STINE!!!! LOL DAM CENSORD
Message 24 of 24 (12 Views)
0 Likes