Splicer
92 posts

Re: Name look a likes

May 7, 2012

thats not y im reporting this . im doing because theyr are tryn to start fights with my frends pretending to be me.

Just call me STINE!!!! LOL DAM CENSORD
Message 11 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 7, 2012

You got a good defense case, my man.

I haven't seen anybody else in the world with a weird name like 'ASSELSTINE' before.

Message 12 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

May 7, 2012

lmao its my real lastname lmao

Message 13 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

May 7, 2012

nice one lol

Message 14 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 7, 2012

NameIess_One wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

It's 100% against the TOS to do this. It falls under the category of impersonation.

Whoever's doing this will have the account banned, and the name will be locked so that no one else can use it.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

So it would be justified to ban somebody that has the same username?

Say for instance, if I saw two users named 'Deadpool',

One with a L at the end and the other with an uppercase I, I can go report either of those two for impersonation?

Conicidental names are not subject to the TOS. Creation of an account with the intent of impersonating another user is.

So to use your example, if you're Deadpool and I happen to create a Deadpoo(capital I) account, that's no harm, no foul. We both like Deadpool.

If, however, you're Deadpool and I create an account that looks like your name, then go around claiming to be you, I'm guilty of impersonation and subject to a ban. At the very least, the impersonating account will be locked out so that I can't go on impersonating you.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 15 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

May 7, 2012

yes thats wat happened i even used my 2nd account  to frend this fake me n i save a msg where they say they are me. n want to hang out sometime etc.

Message 16 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 7, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

NameIess_One wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

It's 100% against the TOS to do this. It falls under the category of impersonation.

Whoever's doing this will have the account banned, and the name will be locked so that no one else can use it.

One with a L at the end and the other with an uppercase I, I can go report either of those two for impersonation?

Conicidental names are not subject to the TOS. Creation of an account with the intent of impersonating another user is.

So to use your example, if you're Deadpool and I happen to create a Deadpoo(capital I) account, that's no harm, no foul. We both like Deadpool.

If, however, you're Deadpool and I create an account that looks like your name, then go around claiming to be you, I'm guilty of impersonation and subject to a ban. At the very least, the impersonating account will be locked out so that I can't go on impersonating you.

So if I made an account name 'HearltWow' with a lower cased L, purely coincidental by the way, and went on PlayStation Home minding my own business, that is okay still?

What if I got into an unintentional argument over another user and they decided to spread my name to insult me? Would you still ban me if news of that ever reached you?

Message 17 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

May 7, 2012

Home users cannot ban you, they can only report you.

Screen caps and chat logs are recorded at the time of a report for Moderators to review.

Each user name is tied to the MAC address of the console that name is registered to.

Someone "spreading a name to insult" someone, IF reported, would be subject to the MAC address that particular user was registered with. If no harmful activity that violates the Sony TOS exists, there would be no problem for a user "minding their own business."

Someone behaving in a manner violating the Sony TOS might be subject to moderation, but it would be the user whose behavior was tied to the specific MAC address, not just any user that might have a similar name.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 18 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 7, 2012

NameIess_One wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

NameIess_One wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

So if I made an account name 'HearltWow' with a lower cased L, purely coincidental by the way, and went on PlayStation Home minding my own business, that is okay still?

What if I got into an unintentional argument over another user and they decided to spread my name to insult me? Would you still ban me if news of that ever reached you?

As long as you don't represent yourself as me, you're free to do whatever you like. You'll have to pick someone else, though, as the HearItWow variants have all been locked off due to an impersonater.

Let's say there's a Dave575 and a Dave_575, just to use a very obvious example. Dave_575 is a troll, but he's not trying to impersonate Dave575. Unfortunately, Dave575 is going to take some flack for what the other user is doing, but there's really nothing he can do to stop the troll. That falls squarely on Moderation's shoulders. Dave575 may even ask them to get rid of the guy, but unless he's been trolled personally, there's nothing he can do.

It's a bit like going through life with a name like Jeffrey Dahmer. Sure, you're not -that- guy, but people are still going to give you strange looks when they hear the name.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 19 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
635 posts

May 8, 2012

Hey Stine, so sorry this happened/is happening to you. One of my friends told me a few months ago that this "cloning" of names was going on in Home and that he people that were doing it were doing it to ruin people's reputations on Home (It could be some kind of Clan initiation too..who knows if it's that or just some jerks thinking it's another way to have some fun at another's expense.) My friend suggested that I go ahead and clone my name myself so that it wouldn't happen to me and I did that. Glad I did now. I know that anyone with an i or L in their avi name is suceptible to this. I might suggest that you go ahead and make a clone of the ASSEISTINE version of your name too..if that isn't the one they are using. Just to make sure they don't do that as well...who knows!!

Message 20 of 24 (6 Views)
0 Likes