Highlighted
May 07 2012
By: ASSELSTINE Splicer 92 posts

Name look a likes

23 replies 34 views Edited May 7, 2012

ok idk if ur aware but ppl are making name look a like accounts ? there is no real prob with this if ur maken a look a like off ur own account... however some one has made a look alike of my account to go around pretending to be me and startn bs with my frends, tryn to turn my frends against me my name is ASSELSTINE (all caps) and they made an account the same but with a lower case L instead of a capitol i . is there anything i can do about this ive tryd calln sony n tryd reportn them on home but nothing has been done. any suggestions...?

Just call me STINE!!!! LOL DAM CENSORD
Message 1 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29359 posts

Re: Name look a likes

May 7, 2012

Impersonators can be reported.

Press Select on your Dualshock 3 controller. Then scroll to the report option. Click on the name of the impersonator and choose Impersonating Another User.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 7, 2012

I'd report them if they are breaking the TOS and then PM Home Forum Mods here. You could also do that if you like now and let them know.

I know there are names that are easy to duplicate with l's in the name especially.  I know I use an account where I needed to use capilal i's in order to register it. That was not to duplicate anyone's ID inparticular but I suppose the one solution to an ID like that would be to register all the possible combinations even those you don't plan on using the accounts. 

Message 3 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

May 7, 2012

ya this person is going out of there way to do this to me cause u cant mistake my name for anyother lol ive reportd em like 5 time n nothing idk if anyone even gets those reports lmao.

Message 4 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 7, 2012

I'd pm moderation and let them know.

http://community.us.playstation.com/people/HomeForumMods

Message 5 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29359 posts

May 7, 2012

In that case, do as Joanna Dark mentioned. Send a private message to HomeForumMods via this forum. It's the shared account of all of Home's Moderators.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

May 7, 2012

k ive tryd  pm'n the mods so hopefully theyll do something but something tells me this is not against the terms agreement etc. idk but i was pretty upset to find this out n i just want thisproblem delt with. but i dont hold my breath like i said ive been reporting this person for 2weeks .

Message 7 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 7, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

Impersonators can be reported.

Press Select on your Dualshock 3 controller. Then scroll to the report option. Click on the name of the impersonator and choose Impersonating Another User.

What if that person has a third-party controller not made by Sony?

Message 8 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 7, 2012

It's 100% against the TOS to do this. It falls under the category of impersonation.

Whoever's doing this will have the account banned, and the name will be locked so that no one else can use it.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 9 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 7, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

It's 100% against the TOS to do this. It falls under the category of impersonation.

Whoever's doing this will have the account banned, and the name will be locked so that no one else can use it.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

So it would be justified to ban somebody that has the same username?

Say for instance, if I saw two users named 'Deadpool',

One with a L at the end and the other with an uppercase I, I can go report either of those two for impersonation?

Message 10 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes