Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

Oct 10, 2013
The buffalo looks great, but is it single speed at max speed or "hold square to boost"?
Message 341 of 442 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4279 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

digitalleisure wrote:

These guys look awesome. We didn't have anything planned for these locomotions but I can add it to an update list :smileyhappy:

I hope you do, and I'm sure many of my fellow Longhorn fans will be lining up to get it - especially if you make it look like Bevo. :smileyhappy:

 

PlayStation®Home Picture 2-25-2012 11-35-49.jpg

 

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 342 of 442 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4279 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

Oct 10, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:
The buffalo looks great, but is it single speed at max speed or "hold square to boost"?

Personally, I do not like to have to hold down the square button to maintain a speed boost, but I also don't like when they replace the normal max speed with the speed boost, as it gives you less control how fast you want to go, and limits the animation options.

 

I prefer the speed boost to be a toggle (press Square to turn it on or off).  This way they can add an additional animation for the speed boost versus running.  Some devs do a really good job with that, like the LKWD Lion LMO mounts and others.  Unfortunately some do a poor job where you sometimes have to click on the square button several times before it finally goes into speed boost.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 343 of 442 (351 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

^ I don't mind square toggle compared to the annoyance of holding square, but the problem is when you hit an an object the speed resets and you have to do it again.

You could always choose how slow you go manually lol though I'm not sure why anyone would want to go slower unless it gives a different animation?

Message 344 of 442 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/11/2012
Offline
864 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

Oct 10, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:
The buffalo looks great, but is it single speed at max speed or "hold square to boost"?

There is a walk animation, and a run animation. You won't have to press square to boost.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 345 of 442 (331 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4279 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

^ I don't mind square toggle compared to the annoyance of holding square, but the problem is when you hit an an object the speed resets and you have to do it again.

You could always choose how slow you go manually lol though I'm not sure why anyone would want to go slower unless it gives a different animation?


And that's mostly it, and as DL sadly just confirmed, it will only come with two moving animations, while other LMOs that use the square have three.

 

Also, there are LMOs that use the square button for the speed boost that do not require you to press it again to get the speed boost after running into an object - so it really comes down to the job each developer does on making it work properly.

 

I just hate rewarding mediocrity by giving them an excuse to not use the square button for the speed boost, as clearly it can be done so that you don't have to hold down the square button, nor do you have to press it again when you run into an object, and thus be able to add the third animation to the LMO... It's just some devs do not do a good job to address those issues.

 

This is similar to developers releasing LMOs that don't offer R1 special animations.  A great example of this is the Aquila the Eagle LMO from LKWD which costs $4 and not only does it not have any R1 special animations, but they didn't even add an animation for when you stop that shows the eagle landing... Instead it just hovers there.  There are LMOs that sell for less than $2 that have more animation options than that, like the Devil Wing LMO from Q-TWO.

 

So in a nut shell, I do not want to see developers cutting corners and charging more than other developers that are offering more for less.

 

Now DL says that this Buffalo LMO mount will only come with walking and running animations... Hopefully they wont charge much for it, or will add some R1 special animations.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 346 of 442 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/11/2012
Offline
864 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

Oct 10, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

^ I don't mind square toggle compared to the annoyance of holding square, but the problem is when you hit an an object the speed resets and you have to do it again.

You could always choose how slow you go manually lol though I'm not sure why anyone would want to go slower unless it gives a different animation?


And that's mostly it, and as DL sadly just confirmed, it will only come with two moving animations, while other LMOs that use the square have three.

 

Also, there are LMOs that use the square button for the speed boost that do not require you to press it again to get the speed boost after running into an object - so it really comes down to the job each developer does on making it work properly.

 

I just hate rewarding mediocrity by giving them an excuse to not use the square button for the speed boost, as clearly it can be done so that you don't have to hold down the square button, nor do you have to press it again when you run into an object, and thus be able to add the third animation to the LMO... It's just some devs do not do a good job to address those issues.

 

This is similar to developers releasing LMOs that don't offer R1 special animations.  A great example of this is the Aquila the Eagle LMO from LKWD which costs $4 and not only does it not have any R1 special animations, but they didn't even add an animation for when you stop that shows the eagle landing... Instead it just hovers there.  There are LMOs that sell for less than $2 that have more animation options than that, like the Devil Wing LMO from Q-TWO.

 

So in a nut shell, I do not want to see developers cutting corners and charging more than other developers that are offering more for less.

 

Now DL says that this Buffalo LMO mount will only come with walking and running animations... Hopefully they wont charge much for it, or will add some R1 special animations.


The buffalo at launch will not have any special animations. We are currently at the memory limits. Also the buffalo will not be aquired with real currency, you'll be able to trade for it in the trading post.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 347 of 442 (311 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4279 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

digitalleisure wrote:

The buffalo at launch will not have any special animations. We are currently at the memory limits. Also the buffalo will not be aquired with real currency, you'll be able to trade for it in the trading post.

Ah... The mysterious "Memory Limitations" :smileywink:

 

Maybe some devs do a better job working around memory limitations I suppose, as some LMOs have more than two moving animations and R1 animations than others.

 

As for trading post... So you mean we have to 'work' to earn the LMO?  If so how long do you estimate that it would take the average user to earn it?  Time has value, so even if we aren't using real currency to get something, in some ways items that are 'free' are actually extremely expensive when you consider the time spent to get them.

 

*sigh*  

 

This is just making me think that this new space is going to be another grinding machine. icon_eek.gif

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 348 of 442 (303 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

Oct 10, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

digitalleisure wrote:

The buffalo at launch will not have any special animations. We are currently at the memory limits. Also the buffalo will not be aquired with real currency, you'll be able to trade for it in the trading post.

Ah... The mysterious "Memory Limitations" :smileywink:

 

Maybe some devs do a better job working around memory limitations I suppose, as some LMOs have more than two moving animations and R1 animations than others.

 

As for trading post... So you mean we have to 'work' to earn the LMO?  If so how long do you estimate that it would take the average user to earn it?  Time has value, so even if we aren't using real currency to get something, in some ways items that are 'free' are actually extremely expensive when you consider the time spent to get them.

 

*sigh*  

 

This is just making me think that this new space is going to be another grinding machine. icon_eek.gif


Or ..... like DL stated you can buy a 12 hour pick axe that boost your gold earnings, so basically consumables.  Ive already bought into the pick axe idea and I like to work smarter not harder, so if DL is offering an item that will boost my gold intake with the same amount of work.... Im Sold!!  No questions asked :smileyhappy: 

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 349 of 442 (294 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/11/2012
Offline
864 posts
 

Re: UPDATE #20 - The Next Best Thing Riding Into Home - Digital Leisure

Oct 10, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

digitalleisure wrote:

The buffalo at launch will not have any special animations. We are currently at the memory limits. Also the buffalo will not be aquired with real currency, you'll be able to trade for it in the trading post.

Ah... The mysterious "Memory Limitations" :smileywink:

 

Maybe some devs do a better job working around memory limitations I suppose, as some LMOs have more than two moving animations and R1 animations than others.

 

As for trading post... So you mean we have to 'work' to earn the LMO?  If so how long do you estimate that it would take the average user to earn it?  Time has value, so even if we aren't using real currency to get something, in some ways items that are 'free' are actually extremely expensive when you consider the time spent to get them.

 

*sigh*  

 

This is just making me think that this new space is going to be another grinding machine. icon_eek.gif


We are not sure how fast the average user will progress in the Western Frontier. When we launched The Casino we throught it would take the average user a very long time to progress through three tiers. We were wrong, and everyone progressed very qiuckly.

 

The trading post is like the gift machine where you must rely on someone else getting the item for you. So the Buffalo, being a higher valued item, will be worth a lot of tokens. You could either do a fair trade with someone and trade someone a buffalo for a buffalo,  you could do someother high valued item for a buffalo, or you could trade a low valued item for the buffalo if someone is generous to ue their trade tokens for you. (Or someone could straight up gift you a buffalo)

 

Yes, if you want to play for free there will need to be more time spent in the game, than if you are going to pay to play. However the grind may not be as bad as you think, just try it out at launch at least before you choose if you want to play or not.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 350 of 442 (286 Views)
0 Likes