I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Re: NOT COOL Q-TWO, NOT COOL !!

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

jj_dillon wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think you first of all need to appreciate that we have Peakvox here. It's not been here all that long. Japan has had it for awhile and updates there are normal given they are the host country for that content. It takes time to localize things.

Be patient.

There was a time when we simply got token Japanese content. That isn't the case anymore. 

I do appreciate that we have Peakvox here Jo, but I find it really screwed up that they would update Japan's spaces and not everyone elses and we all have the same spaces by now, except of Peakvox Monsters. I just want Q-Two to be fair to everyone, if we have the spaces we should get the updates to those spaces, simple.

I get where your comming from but you need to also understand that the events that have been in JP as of late are related to their culture (example, childrens day) and not ours. 

2nd this last Peakvox update is more related to peakvox monsters and the ability to create items for monsters in Peakvox Labs and we dont have Peakvox Monsters so why put the update here?  The other event is The Kikai Machine Empire not Peakvox related, but we dont have it here since its in Neon Downtown and we dont have that in NA YET. 

3rd if your gonna complain and you have a right to do so, you might want to use another venue that would be more effective at addressing your gripes with said company, try twitter or FB since honestly nothing can be done on this forum.  If your on a witch hunt with pitchforks and torches trying to cause a riot, its not gonna work since most of us understand why we dont have those events here.

1) I'm not counting events, I'm only counting actually updates to the spaces. thats it.

2) Yea the last update was mainly for Peakvox Monsters, but long before Peakvox Monster was released, Peakvox Labs got more Monsters for L-Project and the Crane Catcher game.

3) I do go on their Facebook / Twitter pages and no this is not a witch-hunt with torches pitchforks. if it was I'd be out there instead of on here.

Message 21 of 49 (161 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

May 22, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

When you start to think someone owes you something it's time to take a deep breath and get a reality check. Japan Home owes us nothing. NA Home needs to nurture it's own Home Grown Developers that produce some unique quality content of it's own. Then there  would be no need to worry about what other regions are getting.Woman Happy

This is a very interesting point since most our Devs are not even NA but EU. 

Out of sheer curiosity how many Devs are from NA?  or based in the US of A?

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 22 of 49 (160 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

May 22, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

When you start to think someone owes you something it's time to take a deep breath and get a reality check. Japan Home owes us nothing. NA Home needs to nurture it's own Home Grown Developers that produce some unique quality content of it's own. Then there  would be no need to worry about what other regions are getting.Woman Happy

I never said Japan owes us anything, I was stating that while they're spaces are getting updated, we here in NA / EU are getting nothing.

I'll say again, if we have the spaces we should get the updates to those spaces.

Its not a matter of them oweing us, its a matter of being fair to everyone.

Message 23 of 49 (149 Views)
I Only Post Everything
965 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

Do you know how much cost and time it takes to localize a space? Especially there probably is no fluent English staff on their team, and doing their best using dictionary and such and trying to contact with SCEA in half broken English and not understanding half of what they say also.

How about you try localize a space not in Japan to Japanese and contact SCEJ in Japanese. How much time and effort do you think it'll take then just doing it in your own language?

Message 24 of 49 (149 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

May 22, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

Do you know how much cost and time it takes to localize a space? Especially there probably is no fluent English staff on their team, and doing their best using dictionary and such and trying to contact with SCEA in half broken English and not understanding half of what they say also.

How about you try localize a space not in Japan to Japanese and contact SCEJ in Japanese. How much time and effort do you think it'll take then just doing it in your own language?

1) Localizing spaces isn't as hard if there is no need to hire voice actors for english dubbing.

2) If I could I would, but right now my computer isn't programmed for just tasks, maybe when I get a new computer I could. We'll see.

Message 25 of 49 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
965 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

1) Localizing spaces isn't as hard if there is no need to hire voice actors for english dubbing.

2) If I could I would, but right now my computer isn't programmed for just tasks, maybe when I get a new computer I could. We'll see.

Then try translating 1 article from a newspaper. Smiley Tongue

Can't use any online translators though. Those translate really bad and easy to detect that you used it.

Or maybe translate your OP and send it to them. If you can write it correctly they probably will undertstand it more than you writing it in English. (but don't use web translators, they just put out garbage sentences)

Message 26 of 49 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
362 posts

May 22, 2013

I can understand your gripe with wanting better content for NA but your complaints really aren't justified. For starters others have already pointed out you got the company's name wrong and that alone in culture of Japanese business is an insult to them so even if you did go complain to them they would disregard you altogether for insulting them. The reality is this Labs has been out in JP for only a little over a year and you should be just happy enough that NA got the version of it that it did, HK still only has the very first version of Labs Where you can't even play the Abduct Simulator yet no less even think about having L-project.. And again like some others have pointed out most of the special events they've had lately are strictly for the Japanese culture so why would they or why should they even feel they have to give it to you just cause you want it, Not going to happen sorry.

Now as far as GZ goes I don't know where you come up with say they are making up BS about not being able to localize Neon Downtown.. If you really knew that for starters Neon Downtown is a much older space and with all the core updates its actually harder to bring older code into the fold. But the real reason why Neon is so difficult to change is the simple fact they never intended to bring that space to any other region, so when they wrote ALL the code for it they never made it that it can easily be localized any where else cause it was strictly written for JP only.. The reason why they were able to bring the other spaces is cause they wrote them that way from the very beginning so they only had to change a few things to make them work. The other issue is that in case you don't know but in JP most of the Devs especially GZ with Neon Downtown their spaces push the absolute limits of the space and memory they are allowed. In fact anytime they have an event in Neon Downtown some or (MOST, like is the case with this current event) of the space has to be shut down, meaning you can't play either some or all of the games in the space while the events take place.

Point is there is a lot more going on why you're not getting what you want, its not as easy as you make it to be and you will not be seeing some of what you want for some time now.. There is a lot that has to happen first to lead up to other things happening. Point in case you will most likely not be seeing Monsters anytime soon cause you still have to get through the other Labs updates first and all that takes time.. It took Peakvox Labs over a year to get where it is now and right from the get go you got a far more advanced version of it in NA instead of having to start from the very beginning, so you should be happy as hell about that alone and not complain..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 27 of 49 (141 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3919 posts

May 22, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

I never said Japan owes us anything, I was stating that while they're spaces are getting updated, we here in NA / EU are getting nothing.

I'll say again, if we have the spaces we should get the updates to those spaces.

I understand what your saying and if we lived in the perfect world things would be fair. Life is not always fair and that's just an unfortunate fact of life

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 28 of 49 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

jj_dillon wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

I understand what your saying and if we lived in the perfect world things would be fair. Life is not always fair and that's just an unfortunate fact of life

Yea I know life isn't fair, but that doesn't mean that developers of PS Home can't be fair.

Another thing, for how long has the community has been demanding, begging, pleading for developers to make it so we could listen to music or watch videos from our XMB on home ? Since day 1 thats how long. and going on 5 years now and that hasn't come, best we got is Loots EOD.

We already have picture frames that allow us to upload pictures from our XMB onto Home. We got a camera and an active camcorder that upload pictures and videos from Home to our XMB, so why not an active tv or radio that allows us to play music / videos from our XMB on Home ?

Message 29 of 49 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3919 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

This is a very interesting point since most our Devs are not even NA but EU. 

Out of sheer curiosity how many Devs are from NA?  or based in the US of A?

TSUNADE1224 to be honest I don't know. I'm sure there are folks here with that info. I do know what you say about EU developers is true. I would say that's probably the reason EU and Japan Home get their content first. It's kind of sad that the USA relies so much on importing now a days rather than producing things.

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 30 of 49 (103 Views)