Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: [NEW CONTENT] Coming April 10th, 2013

Apr 10, 2013
I love magnus.
Can we get an all magnus channel on eod.
Also a magnus space.
And magnus swag.
Woot magnus!!
- Restless Dreams.
Message 91 of 108 (302 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 10, 2013
GlassWalls thank you for answering on those questions. You gave a straightforward answer and I respect that. Theres alot of truth in alot of statements since I asked but not all sentiments are universal. I, personally just love PS3 games and think alot of us hunger for more in Home content is all :/ The answer may not have been for everyone but it is an answer regardless so I kudos and thank you again. Moarrr games !
Support Forums
Message 92 of 108 (290 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Apr 10, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

No, it's actually often the 3rd party company opting to aim their focus on one particular region or another. It's not been any different from the beginning of Home's open beta – sometimes content is just available in select reasons regions. That has never changed.

[EDIT - typo!]

Do we have to request a 3rd party company to bring it to US?

but here's the other thing. some of Sony's games got Home content via Europe (like All-Stars Battle Royale and LBP Karting) but we never got it. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 93 of 108 (183 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 10, 2013

al2009man wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

No, it's actually often the 3rd party company opting to aim their focus on one particular region or another. It's not been any different from the beginning of Home's open beta – sometimes content is just available in select reasons regions. That has never changed.

[EDIT - typo!]

but here's the other thing. some of Sony's games got Home content via Europe (like All-Stars Battle Royale and LBP Karting) but we never got it. 

The issue is very frustrating when we see other regions get game content and we don't. I would simply hope that Home Management is doing all it can to get game companies to support Home with Virtual Content and Events.

I still don't understand why companies like Konami make digital content regularly and even private and club spaces yet they don't go to the trouble to make real game related content. I'm sure that would sell. I don't buy the idea that Home is populated by people who don't play games. 

Message 94 of 108 (181 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

al2009man wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

[EDIT - typo!]

The issue is very frustrating when we see other regions get game content and we don't. I would simply hope that Home Management is doing all it can to get game companies to support Home with Virtual Content and Events.

I still don't understand why companies like Konami make digital content regularly and even private and club spaces yet they don't go to the trouble to make real game related content. I'm sure that would sell. I don't buy the idea that Home is populated by people who don't play games. 

Why do you think they do this here?  Are there that many more people in EU that buy games from within Home or what?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Message 95 of 108 (168 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Apr 10, 2013

It's "nice" to see nDreams finally jumping on the motorcycle bandwagon.

Message 96 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 10, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
I love magnus.
Can we get an all magnus channel on eod.
Also a magnus space.
And magnus swag.
Woot magnus!!

Magnus is a cool dude isn't he?

Would be awesome to see him on the Loot EOD.

Message 97 of 108 (151 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I am looking forward to 1.80 and what it brings in the future ,it sounds promising.

Off-topic: I would like to thank GW for answering some questions that were asked (along with other devs who post) ,it is much appriciated as i've experienced MANY other forums and communities that aside from a sticky here and there the devs and management are never seen or heard from, rather the answers are liked or not community involvement goes along way with me.

On topic : I just want to see the other choppers aside from the one pictured ,i've been waiting on them for awhile and I hope they look a bit better than in picture.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 98 of 108 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 10, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

It's "nice" to see nDreams finally jumping on the motorcycle bandwagon.

Smiley LOL

Are you really surprised by this?

I give it 6 months or until real cars come out in home as a locomotion (ones that don't look dumb).  Or they may not do that considering it might bring up some politcal issues about "running people over", similar to the gun issue.

Couldn't have to many motorcycles in Home, IMO (In My Opinion) anyway.

It allows us to select more individual bikes and the Developers will be competing in creativity and pricing in bikes, so that's going to benefit all of us in the long run.

Message 99 of 108 (144 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Apr 10, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Game-related content is simply a difference in how the regions are operated, and 3rd party content is not owned by us, so we can only welcome it, but not require it to be present here as well as in other regions. 

As for Yeck Land, I can only share what is actually given to me from the developer, nothing more. You guys are all free to seek out the content in their channels, but I do not have that freedom. That said, if you guys share said content you dig up, that's fine by me!

[EDITED because I misspoke]

Thankyou for taking the time to answer some questions, it is appreciated Smiley Happy

When we had the Dead Island and KillZone events they were set in our Central Plaza, which certainly didnt look like they were aimed at the EU, but the events were shared with the EU (I cant remember if there was a week or two delay before they received it), as they had access to our Central Plaza for the events. I know Central Plaza wasnt made an international space, its just they were given a form of ours from the event, but is it not possible for NA to do the same to bring the EU space to NA.

I know I dont understand all the contracts, deals and other things that go on behind closed doors, I'm just looking from a Home users point of view, and how it would be nice to be a part of this event. Did the EU do anything to bring those events to the EU, and could NA do similar to bring them here?

I'm sure I'm having an over simplified perspective on this, but why cant the EU just share it with us.

Message 100 of 108 (135 Views)