Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: NDreams - Street Beats Dance Packs Problem

Oct 24, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Oh, I so called this one....LOL. 4 packs, 3 moves each for $3 a pop. Well Joanna I was right.......Smiley Tongue

And they don't repeat. nDreams once again drops the ball.

Message 11 of 52 (391 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Oct 24, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Oh, I so called this one....LOL. 4 packs, 3 moves each for $3 a pop. Well Joanna I was right.......Smiley Tongue

You were. Two packs for women (all I saw) and I suspect 2 packs for men. 

.99 cents a dance move isn't all that bad. Could be worse given what we see for some action items. Would be nice if they produced an loco item where you could select which dances you'd want to add to it regardless of developer. Even from the same developer that would be an interesting addition. 

Message 12 of 52 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Joey, could you please get the people working on these to make them repeat?

I know it's not your fault, but whoever is developing these needs to make them repeat like all the other dance emotes in home, there is really no excuse for them not repeat at this point.

I and many others would have bought these 2 packs instantly if they just repeated :/ I also would have bought 2 of the Street Moves characters, and one of my friends probably would have bought all of them!
Message 13 of 52 (388 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 24, 2012

If other developers are capable of patchng their items, so is nDreams. Patch them so they repeat.

Message 14 of 52 (383 Views)
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Oct 24, 2012

So, wanted to explain the reasons for them not repeating. Not everyone will agree with this but it's always nice for you to have the reasons.

The moves were originally designed for the Street Moves character outfits and where they were motion captured they had a defined start and end point. We wanted the dances to be more like a special move, so if you were doing the default Home running man dance for example you could pull off one of the cool Street Move dances and when it finished it would go back into doign the running man. The animation packs are a way to help change up the normal dances that you have. It wasa design decision and one that we think works best. Again, it isn't going to be to someones taste, which is fine and understandable.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 15 of 52 (359 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Well thanks for giving us the reason Joey, but I hope you realize the vast majority of people want looping dances and you are missing a major chunk of sales by not making them repeat.

They may have a defined start and end point, but there is no reason a simple loop couldn't be added, even if it doesn't look or synch perfectly.

People have been wanting more REAL dances on here for years, not a "special move" to go with the same tired old dances from 3 years ago.
Message 16 of 52 (340 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

nDreams_Joey wrote:

So, wanted to explain the reasons for them not repeating. Not everyone will agree with this but it's always nice for you to have the reasons.

The moves were originally designed for the Street Moves character outfits and where they were motion captured they had a defined start and end point. We wanted the dances to be more like a special move, so if you were doing the default Home running man dance for example you could pull off one of the cool Street Move dances and when it finished it would go back into doign the running man. The animation packs are a way to help change up the normal dances that you have. It wasa design decision and one that we think works best. Again, it isn't going to be to someones taste, which is fine and understandable.

Joey

Wow!..Not once the USER aka the PAYING customer!

So, I guess our feedback you developers love to hear from USERS being honoured then?../s

Message 17 of 52 (318 Views)
Highlighted
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I think with the Dance moves, with them being the first ones we as a developer need to make a decision and then get feedback from there and go forward. I would imagine for any future dance moves we may do then it is certainly something I will be feeding back into the team.

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 18 of 52 (307 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

Yeah, it's kind of messed up that they made the items the way they wanted and "thought was best", despite all the feedback from customers wanting repeating dances, ever since the Street Moves feedback. 

I know many devs do this, but I had higher hopes for Ndreams with this, given the recent forum feedback and great customer relations Smiley Sad

Edit:  Well Joey's above post does give us some hope for the future lol. Sorry to say Street Moves dance packs and Street Moves Vol 1-4 are already DOA though Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 52 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Packs are awesome and a great deal. As there are 3 dances to each, looping animations arent a deal breaker. The point is to mix it up. Try it!
- Restless Dreams.
Message 20 of 52 (285 Views)